W5 D2

Options
so the 8 min run is scaring the poop out of me lol:laugh:

Replies

• StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It's scaring me too but the 20 minutes on day 3 is even worse! We can do it! I start Week 5/Day 1 tomorrow so I'm just behind you.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I've completed week 5. I did each day twice. The 20 minute run isn't bad at all. It's more of a mental challenge. Just concentrate on your form and your breathing, listen to music and it's over before you know it. I actually feel better after the 20 minute run that the shorter runs.

You guys can do this!
  • lorriannly
    lorriannly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 5 Day 3. I had really freaked myself out about the run and when I first started running it seemed like I wasn't even gonna make 5 minutes, but then I just started watching my form and breathing and telling myself I wasn't gonna be a quitter. Ended up running 24 minutes instead of 20 because I had decided to do distance rather than time.
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    How did I go for you? I just finished up Week 5/Day 2 today and it was hard but I did it. Makes me super worried about the BIG 20 minute run on Sat. How can we go from 8 min. to 20?!?
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I was surprised at how well the 20 min run went. W6 D2&D3 are intervals again. That was harder. So I talked to a fitness instructor I know who is also a runner and she said intervals are without a doubt harder and the beginning of the run is always the hardest. I felt skeptical about that. In my mind it made sense that you start off with energy and as you tire it gets harder. But I think you have to run for a very long distance before that is the case. Sure enough, the 25 min run on W6 D3 wasnt bad once I hit my stride. Same with weeks 8&9 (28 & 30 minute runs.) I noticed on these long runs that my fitness coach was right. The 1st 6-8 mins are the killer. By the time I hit 10 mins my body gets comfortable and acclimated to running. Now I have done 45 mins of straight running. None of it is worse than the feeling that hits me around 6 mins in! So hang in there, the best part comes later.