More powerful than I know...

Options
So I went to the Wild Animal Park here in San Diego yesterday and walked around for several hours. I know I didn't wear a pedometer, and I didn't want to say that would have been my miles, so today I went to the gym and knocked out those three miles in one shot. I have never felt so good about myself. I had never thought that I would be capable of doing something like that when I joined the group, but it makes me see that I am more powerful than I know. I am hoping to be well on my way, and despite not getting the water thing down the first couple of days, I am doing much better about it today, and I will follow through the rest of the week.

Replies

• jereneyz
    jereneyz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yay this is so inspirational. I have yet to do my 3 miles either.. I'm dreading it because I haven't been on the treadmill for like 5 years. After reading your story, I am going to attempt it on Sunday :) I'm not going to do 3 miles at one go, probably 1.5 miles for two days. I've been doing tons of cardio to prepare me for it.

Wish me luck! :D

Once again, thanks for sharing your wonderful success :)
  • pcwoodland
    pcwoodland Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. You are totally going to knock that out. It was so weird. I thought to myself that I was going to go for the 1.5 like you, and when I got there I just wanted to keep going. I was walking about a 15 minute mile, combined with a little jogging and running to mix it up, and I had a really good workout mix on my ipod. It was just really fun. Enjoy it. You can do it!