december challenge

Options
Pfeiffer24
Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
Well since trying to eat completly healthy during the holiday is a challenge, lets make sure i does not affect us too much....
Simple..but a nice quick workout.
(for even more of a challenge, if your watching tv, try working out a little everytime a commercial comes on)

Week 1 of december

30 squats

1 min of cardio (jumping jacks, running in place, etc)

1 min of sit ups

Lying leg ups
(Lie on your side, make your bottom leg straight and the top leg lifted a few inches in the air, bent at the knee. Now lift your leg up until it won't straighten any more. Do this 30 times each leg.)

Plie Minutes 0:00-1:00
(Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, arms at sides, toes turned out.
Tuck tailbone under and contract glutes.
Lower body into a plié squat as low as you can go without allowing knees to creep past toes.
Simultaneously raise arms to shoulder height in front of body, palms down. Hold for 2 seconds, then return to starting position.
After 20 reps, pulse at the bottom for 20 seconds.)

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted.
  • LivDiz
    LivDiz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A little late but..... challenge accepted!
  • JIGGLYbellyPUFF
    JIGGLYbellyPUFF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Late start, but I'm in!
  • Pfeiffer24
    Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Week 2 of december
    (remember you can break this up or challenge yourself and do some during commercials.... my favorite time is right before I hit the shower while the water warms up.. I get a 1 min work out or try for some squats :).

2 minutes of jumping rope.(u dont need a rope just do the motion, dont forget to make a fist and move arms in the same motion)

60 squats

1 minute of bicycle crunches

Plie Minutes 0:00-1:00 (Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, arms at sides, toes turned out. Tuck tailbone under and contract glutes. Lower body into a plié squat as low as you can go without allowing knees to creep past toes. Simultaneously raise arms to shoulder height in front of body, palms down. Hold for 2 seconds, then return to starting position. After 20 reps, pulse at the bottom for 20 seconds.)

Weighted rows 1 minute
    Hold a weight in each hand. Stand with your feet a few inches apart and your knees slightly bent (but not locked). With your stomach muscles tight, bend down from the waist and lower your arms straight down so that both weights are at knee level. Keeping your stomach tight and your neck aligned with your spine, bend at the elbows, bringing the weights up toward the top of your ribcage on either side of your body. At this point, your upper arms will be at about a90-degree angle to your sides. Squeeze your shoulder blades together. Lower the weights back down to the starting position in front of your knees, separating your shoulder blades. Continue this exercise in a slow, controlled motion for one minute.