Daily Check in

Options
JonieB
JonieB Posts: 67 Member
December 4th - 30 DS Level 1 Day 2 and BeFit 30 Day Butt Lift Day 1. DONE!!! Only 28 more days to go!!!

Replies

• JonieB
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! How is it going? I just finished day 3 and I can already feel my endurance building.
  • yvonneseage
    yvonneseage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just started level 2 today. Much harder
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Hey! I think I'm going to start level 2 tomorrow. :) So far so good, though!
  • andilion
    andilion Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4 of Level 1. I'm getting some shin splints from running, so for the cardio I subbed out some lower impact exercises for the jumping jacks, butt kicks, and jump rope. The easier versions of mountain climbers and plank jacks from Level 3 seemed to work pretty well (still got my heart rate up a lot).
  • sophia_uk
    sophia_uk Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Today is going to be day 3. Found it to be hard on my knees?
  • umachanxo
    Options
    Watch your knees when you're doing squat and press and the lunges and bicep curls. It's easy to have your knee go over the toe. If you do it this way, it's hard on your knees.
  • JonieB
    Options
    HI Everyone!! Finished Day 4 of level 1. I pushed myself hard today. It feels great to feel my strength increasing. :)

About the knees definitely watch your form on the squat and lunge exercises. If you have to slow down a little a few times so you know you are getting correct form.
  • erinlorettamcn
    Options
    Hey! I just finished day 2 of level 2! I can't believe how much I am sweating!!! Keep it up, it is so worth it! I have not lost any weight but I can see my jeans getting baggier and my endurance is much much higher. Hopefully I'll be shedding the pounds soon! haha Is anyone else having this problem?
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Day 4 level 1 over and that jump rope is still killing me!! Somehow the last set of cardio is easy though...go figure!
    I've lost my dvd remote so can't work out how to get to level 2 (not that I'm starting it yet) so hope I can find the whole level on YouTube !

Keep up the good work guys. We got this :bigsmile:
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've been out of town since Monday, but I have only missed 1 day! I almost skipped again yesterday, but reminded myself that I made a goal to do it every day in December. Late last night I got off my butt and did the whole video. Level 1 Day 6. It felt awesome to do it and I had more energy afterwards. I was sweating like crazy too. Keep up the good work guys!
  • JonieB
    Options
    Good Work Everyone!!

So Friday's are usually the day I fall off the exercise wagon. It is the day we leave out early and have lots of errands to run. I usually just push off my workout on friday afternoons. Today we got home, I put up the groceries and changed right into my workout clothes.

Day 5 Level 1 DONE!!!

You can find all 3 levels on YouTube. That's where I watch them. :)
  • umachanxo
    Options
    You guys rock! I'm so proud of you for doing them no matter what! ^_^
  • JonieB
    Options
    :( I feel a little bad that I didn't get 30 DS done today. However we put together a swing set for the kids today. 6 hours of bending & lifting and chasing the kids around the yard to keep them entertained. Then after supper Inplayed Disney advance with DD for about 30 minutes.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I did Day 5 of Level 1 today. It is getting a bit easier.

I do the side lunges very slowly in front of a mirror to protect my knees, and I don't try to go deep in the forward lunges or squats with weights. I feel the instruction on those isn't quite complete enough (I searched for additional info on how to do them properly) and in the Amazon reviews of the DVD there were about 70 complaints of serious knee injury from using the video (and almost 2,500 rave reviews of course). I am proceeding, but it is up to each of us to take care of our bodies and I don't want to feel bullied into stressing my knees too much. I would like to keep my original joints for another 40 years.

Other than that, all the exercises are getting a bit easier and I am feeling great.

Is everyone moving forward to Level 2 after 10 days of Level 1? I am debating staying with Level 1 a few days extra, since it took me several days to get up to speed and do all the moves without resting.
  • Christabiss
    Options
    Hey! I just finished day 2 of level 2! I can't believe how much I am sweating!!! Keep it up, it is so worth it! I have not lost any weight but I can see my jeans getting baggier and my endurance is much much higher. Hopefully I'll be shedding the pounds soon! haha Is anyone else having this problem?
    \

Yes, I'm having this problem, too. I haven't shed any weight but I can defintely tell my endurance is better and I lost an inch on my hips. Today I start level 2. For me, it usually takes about 3 weeks to notice a difference. I just have to keep reminding myself of this when I get frustrated with the scale!
  • IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am starting a week behing everyone, but this is the only group even close to my program date :)
    Tonight is my Day 1 on Level 1..... WISH ME LUCK!!!!

HAS ANYONE SEEN RESULTS YET OR WEIGHT LOSS???????????
  • Christabiss
    Options
    Finished Day 3 of Level 2...and I STILL can't handle the inverse V arm raises with sqauts. I can't even do it at 3lbs! Am I doing the move right? It's my biceps that give out for this exercise so maybe I'm doing it wrong?? Looking for some advice, thanks.....
  • umachanxo
    Options
    Finished Day 3 of Level 2...and I STILL can't handle the inverse V arm raises with sqauts. I can't even do it at 3lbs! Am I doing the move right? It's my biceps that give out for this exercise so maybe I'm doing it wrong?? Looking for some advice, thanks.....

I'm the same way! I use my toning weights for those moves, but my 8lb weights for everything else. :S

@IowaPrincess - yep! For sure am seeing differences! :D You can do it!!! ^^
  • andilion
    andilion Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Yeah, that is definitely one of the harder moves for me. I think at first I did every other rep (probably took a couple breaks that were even longer) and worked up to doing all of the reps.
  • jsprangel
    jsprangel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well, I did day 3 of Level 2 this morning. It kicks my butt and I think I like it! It took a lot to get me motivated to do it this morning, becuase it really pushes me, but I can actually do the exercises. That feels good! Yes, it's difficult, and I won't lie, I had to take a breather twice. Once during the push-up/plank/jumping jacks and once during the 2nd double jump rope. I got a side ache that wouldn't let up during 3rd circuit cardio. It about killed me. Poor breathing patterns. I'll have to pay closer attention to my breathing going forward.

One thing I have noticed for me is that level 2 exercises have bothered my lower back. Not like it is injured, but like my back is too tight during the workout and then sore all day. So, this morning during warm-up, I did those hip circles that she did in level 1 that she did not continue for level 2 warm-ups. It seemed to help during the workout, and I don't feel sore right now, so I hope it did the trick.

I'm down 6 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks, so that is some progress. Haven't taken my measurements, but I will soon and hope to see some results there as well.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day today and you are all pressing onward and upward!
    Jenna