Time, patience, and trust the process

Options
ANewLucia
ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
 As many may know I'm journaling what was supposed to be my 1st bulk and 2nd round of sts but I hit a bump in the road with my thyroid. So the journal has been on that process and the frustrating changes.

I wanted to share every aspect of the journey because we like to keep it real. We all have our struggles and we are going through this journey together. I was so close to goal and bam almost a 20lb gain.

For those of you super stuck on that scale number take a moment to view the journal because you will see the numbers are not the end all be all.

Be encouraged you can do this. Be consistent even when you think nothing is happening. Fuel to lose body fat and hold on to muscle... Muscles make the difference.
http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/showthread.php?tid=262
Page 1 are all stats and Pics page 1,2,6,10

Man I tell you it was so very painful to post some of these pictures but pictures are so key to success because if I only went by the scale I 'd have to label myself a complete failure being only 2.8lbs from my starting weight.

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    First...YOU ARE AMAZING!

Second, I want to add something about patience and those doing a metabolism reset (or not).

I have been having my metabolism monitored for the last 4 months. I'm not exactly sure what the numbers mean but apparently our metabolism should be at a 37 or greater, when I first started having it monitored I was at a 27. I am now at 31, still well below where it should be but it has taken 4 months to get my metabolism moving just a little bit. So patience is definitely key! People expect over night results but when we have damaged our bodies and metabolism with low cal diets there is a lot of work to be done and it takes a lot of time. The rate I am going it seems it will take me at least a full year to get my metabolism back to running where it should be. And this is why my losses are so slow.

And in the same respect those slow losses are great because I have also had my fat mass and lean mass measured and in the last four months I have gained 4 lbs of muscle, and lost over 11 lbs of pure fat with ZERO muscle loss. Typically when people diet they have a 1:1 ratio of muscle to fat loss. So for every pound of fat they lose they also lose a pound of muscle. Imagine, all that precious fat burning muscle going down the toilet (literally). That's what happens when those people on 1200 calorie a day diets are doing, they have great 2 lbs losses each week but half of it is muscle! So if you think about it, I have lost the same amount of fat as those 1200 calorie dieters but have preserved all of that wonderful muscle that speeds up your metabolism and makes you look a million times better!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Wow that is absolutely amazing!

Quick fixes just don't work in any aspect of life and is almost always to our detriment long term.

What an amazing testimony!

I hope you don't mind but I had to share this on the Eat More 2 Weigh Less Facebook page.
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    Nope I don't mind at all!
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring information. Lucia, I tried the link in your post, but it says the post does not exist! I am sure it does somewhere. Keep well. Looking awesome as always :D
  • ANewLucia
    Options
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I did find it on my own, and you are awesome!!!! I tried the cut and paste and it worked. please go check my response as I have written in some information you may be interested in about diabetes. Take care.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I did find it on my own, and you are awesome!!!! I tried the cut and paste and it worked. please go check my response as I have written in some information you may be interested in about diabetes. Take care.

Thanks
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Nope I don't mind at all!

Hiedi, there are a few questions on the FB page... Helppppp:-)
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Heidi, first - I :heart: you!

Second - HOW amazing is your story?! It's the epitome of the "wait, have patience" motto that everyone and their momma I tired of hearing us talk about!

I plead with you to let me also add that testimony to the site :love: , where it can be an ultimate source of inspiration for days/months/years to come. People need to truly understand how much time this process can take.

Thank you a zillion times over for sharing that! :smooched:

~Kiki
  • 31prvrbs
    Options
    Oh, Lucia...I love your progress too, lol! But you've already heard that from me a hundred times..:laugh:

RIPPED TWIN makin a comeback!!!! :wink:
  • missdimpley
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I just found a picture from last April about same time i STARTED emtlw.. I was sick, under eating, and skinny. As my sister called them flabby. I look like I gained right now, but more curvy, more toned, more muscles. I guess i was really under eating to the point when I was losing muscles. I was on WW for 5 years, which suck. I just am loss right now for words. However, I am going to continue not tracking, eating what I have been eating (what i'VE LEARNED from EMTLW) and move on. I hope MESO 2 is the answer for me :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    Sure you can share it on the site :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    Kiki-if you add that to the site, can you take out the part about 1:1 fat ration loss from dieters. That isn't supported by any actual studies, it was what my naturopathic doctor said to me based on her experience in her practice with her clients. So it isn't backed up by studies or anything.

BUT even though it isn't backed up with studies, I still feel like it makes sense.
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Thanks for the information!

You ladies are awesomely informative.:smile:
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Ladies awesome work but at the same time it kind of has me depress. All the weight i loss really now says that i screw myself over cause i believe i lost alot of muscle. My thighs have the LL cool j disease (juggling baby gohead baby) :( .i was reading a article that said the muscle loss from vlcd would required to put mass on to gain muscle then do another cut. Lucia I'm trying to process really but at the same time feel like a idiot.
  • 31prvrbs
    Options
    Ladies awesome work but at the same time it kind of has me depress. All the weight i loss really now says that i screw myself over cause i believe i lost alot of muscle. My thighs have the LL cool j disease (juggling baby gohead baby) :( .i was reading a article that said the muscle loss from vlcd would required to put mass on to gain muscle then do another cut. Lucia I'm trying to process really but at the same time feel like a idiot.

Aww, girl, don't get down on yourself. I think many of us felt like that at times. Especially those of us who lost a lot on vlcd. You are on the right track now and that's what matters. Just know that there will be times where it seems like you're at a standstill or that progress is slow. During those times just remember that our bodies will often be rebuilding the "weight" that was not supposed to be lost (bones, muscle, brain tissue, etc). Those things carry weight, so they may translate to scale gain at first, even though you will ultimately get smaller.

I hope that makes sense?

Hang in there, you are setting yourself up for life. Not just a temporary physique goal.

~Kiki
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    First...YOU ARE AMAZING!

Second, I want to add something about patience and those doing a metabolism reset (or not).

I have been having my metabolism monitored for the last 4 months. I'm not exactly sure what the numbers mean but apparently our metabolism should be at a 37 or greater, when I first started having it monitored I was at a 27. I am now at 31, still well below where it should be but it has taken 4 months to get my metabolism moving just a little bit. So patience is definitely key! People expect over night results but when we have damaged our bodies and metabolism with low cal diets there is a lot of work to be done and it takes a lot of time. The rate I am going it seems it will take me at least a full year to get my metabolism back to running where it should be. And this is why my losses are so slow.

And in the same respect those slow losses are great because I have also had my fat mass and lean mass measured and in the last four months I have gained 4 lbs of muscle, and lost over 11 lbs of pure fat with ZERO muscle loss. Typically when people diet they have a 1:1 ratio of muscle to fat loss. So for every pound of fat they lose they also lose a pound of muscle. Imagine, all that precious fat burning muscle going down the toilet (literally). That's what happens when those people on 1200 calorie a day diets are doing, they have great 2 lbs losses each week but half of it is muscle! So if you think about it, I have lost the same amount of fat as those 1200 calorie dieters but have preserved all of that wonderful muscle that speeds up your metabolism and makes you look a million times better!!

:O Thank you for saying this. Really. Thank you.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I just found a picture from last April about same time i STARTED emtlw.. I was sick, under eating, and skinny. As my sister called them flabby. I look like I gained right now, but more curvy, more toned, more muscles. I guess i was really under eating to the point when I was losing muscles. I was on WW for 5 years, which suck. I just am loss right now for words. However, I am going to continue not tracking, eating what I have been eating (what i'VE LEARNED from EMTLW) and move on. I hope MESO 2 is the answer for me :)

Girl you are looking great! You sound like you have found a balance now that you never had before and that is so important. Keep up the amazing work!
  • ANewLucia
    Options

Girl like Kiki said, you are doing something about it now. We all have done things because we didn't "know" any better. The key is when you gain knowledge then to apply...which is what you are doing now, so really you should fell pretty darn smart for taking heed:-)

Please keep us posted!

AND PS..your profile pic is cool! You look great!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Oh, Lucia...I love your progress too, lol! But you've already heard that from me a hundred times..:laugh:

RIPPED TWIN makin a comeback!!!! :wink:

You are too funny! I have a wayyyyyssss to go...lol.