Past Week

Options
mdb543
mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
Hey everyone!! Sorry I haven't been on here all weekend!! All 3 kids and husband are sick from my flu bug!! I hope you finished out the weekend strong!!

What are your thoughts about this past week? What would you do differently if you could go back in time? What will you change this week?

I did pretty good last week and really focused on getting more water in during the day! It definitely made me feel a lot better!! This week is going to be interesting. I got my workout in this morning, had breakfast early and getting ready to have my snack soon. Wednesday I am starting my 3 day Shakeology Cleanse in hopes to drop some weight before Christmas. I can work out during the cleanse, but I think I may take Wednesday as my off day to see how my energy levels play out. I plan on resuming Thursday. I really think getting up early and getting my workout in is really helping me!

Replies

• newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i had a few days where i ate way more than i should have eaten. that is pretty much the only thing i'd like to change. instead of eating over 2000 calories those 2 days, maybe just having an extra snack would have been enough. once i start eating sweets, i find i can't stop myself. i probably would have met my calorie goal had i not had those 2 days.
    so far there has never been a problem in the past year and a half with doing workouts, because i really love working out.
    the problem is my diet. and usually it's just one or two days a week, i just get so hungry and can't stop myself. well, i could stop myself, but i don't. so i think i just need to work on giving myself one treat and then stopping. nothing has been that horrible, nothing over 2600 calories or so, but just having high days like that can really mess things up. i just need to think more clearly when i'm in that mode about why i'm doing it and what i'm really wanting.
  • lindoussa
    Options
    I replied to this in the last thread. Whoops. So I am just going to copy and paste it here.

Reading my last update on this thread made me realize how far I have come this week! I adjusted my calories up by 100 after realizing that I wasn't eating enough. I have been really focused on eating healthier and getting lots of protein. I also worked out 5 days this week doing some sort of P90X video, mainly cardio. I am still struggling with my water intake though and really need to work on that this upcoming week.

I also noticed that I was more active in general this week. I played a lot with my kids, broke out in dance several times just for fun and did ALOT of housework with a 15 lb baby on my back :)
  • spikethat
    Options
    Mostly, I just wish I would have eaten better over the weekend!
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i had a few days where i ate way more than i should have eaten. that is pretty much the only thing i'd like to change. instead of eating over 2000 calories those 2 days, maybe just having an extra snack would have been enough. once i start eating sweets, i find i can't stop myself. i probably would have met my calorie goal had i not had those 2 days.
    so far there has never been a problem in the past year and a half with doing workouts, because i really love working out.
    the problem is my diet. and usually it's just one or two days a week, i just get so hungry and can't stop myself. well, i could stop myself, but i don't. so i think i just need to work on giving myself one treat and then stopping. nothing has been that horrible, nothing over 2600 calories or so, but just having high days like that can really mess things up. i just need to think more clearly when i'm in that mode about why i'm doing it and what i'm really wanting.

Have you looked at your protein levels? Protein will help keep you fuller much longer and feed your muscles so they burn fat.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Weekends are tough, but this one was more so with a holiday party on Saturday and a birthday dinner party on Sunday. Add in a few cocktails and woobaby, those calories add up quick! I had one regular cosmo on Saturday (it was a retro 50's theme), but brought my own Skinny Girl Cosmo to drink the rest of the evening. Sunday was tougher as my uncle made his famous made from scratch margaritas and slow cooked chicken for tacos. Lots of sodium consumed! Gained 6 lbs in a 24 hour period...lots of water today and hopefully not too much damage! Back to the grind...