I did a bad thing...

Options
KBGirts
KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
I ate a burger today..... yes, including the bun. And french fries.
I also had chips and a burrito last night.... geez.

:embarassed:

Replies

• Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I ate a burger today..... yes, including the bun. And french fries.
    I also had chips and a burrito last night.... geez.

:embarassed:

It's okay enjoy it.
  • msb803
    msb803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's okay to slip up every once in a while. Forgive yourself, and do better tomrorow. I caved and had a piece of pie at my holiday event today, but I know I'll eat clean tonight and the rest of the week to make up for it.
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I had a burger and fries last week too - LOL! It was my first in months. I thoroughly enjoyed it - and with the exception of a little sodium weight from the fries, there was no real harm done. I was back to normal within a few days and am now back on track. You will be too - don't sweat it! Start fresh tomorrow!
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've had pad thai 3x since i started eating paleo. it was delish every time and will probably be my go-to cheat meal.
  • KBGirts
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was not super mad at myself because I did enjoy it and didn't let me get off track... Back to normal for dinner last night and today.

I do have to be careful though, because my cheat meals tend to turn into cheat weeks.
  • emily2tx
    Options
    I am glad I am not the only one! I have just eaten the worst ever lunch - chili cheese fries and a big green burrito... uck! I mean, yum! but dang what a horrible thing to eat! I gotta get back on track too. Already over on my calories today too. could it get any worse?
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!

Now have some bacon and move on....

;)
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    To make you guys feel better.

I ate four white chocolate cookies, in a total of 1,040 calories just in less than 15 minutes. :) Be merry!
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I had 2 cupcakes filled with oreos and chocolate chips last night. Don't feel so bad!
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    aww that doesn't sound so bad... I bet before you have done much worse... I find now on paleo I start to feel bad when I have a tiny bite of cheese, but then I realize I used to eat crackers covered in cheese whiz and get over it!

No one is perfect 100% of the time, so next meal get right back on the healthy train!
  • KBGirts
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnndddddd.......... yesterday we had a potluck lunch at work. LOL!!!!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was not super mad at myself because I did enjoy it and didn't let me get off track... Back to normal for dinner last night and today.

I do have to be careful though, because my cheat meals tend to turn into cheat weeks.

A "cheat" meal can turn into cheat YEARS for me. But, I will allow myself an occasional "cheat" but NEVER with WHEAT.

Really, don't let it be a big deal and just get right back to eating the way that makes you healthy.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnndddddd.......... yesterday we had a potluck lunch at work. LOL!!!!

We're having coffee and snacks at work today and I'm bringing a paleo Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Fudge. That's probably the only thing I will eat and I will be FULL from one piece since it has 20g of coconut fat. I hope that nobody else eats any so I can bring it all home. lol
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Can you send me the recipe for that fudge?
  • Salkeela
    Salkeela Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Or even better post it here? ;)
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    glad to know that i am not the only one.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Doesn't the 85/15 rule let us have one "cheat" meal a week without guilt?
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Doesn't the 85/15 rule let us have one "cheat" meal a week without guilt?
    I suppose it does - if you want to 'cheat' against your health, guilt or no guilt. One should not be striving for good with a built in plan to fail.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 chocolate chip cookies today and feel horrible for cheating ...all the sweets flying around the last week i caved :sad: but now I know I will not eat another sweet thing ever that not paleo , i feel too horrible and guilty and gross :embarassed:
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I had a free night last night. We ordered pizza from the pizza place that initial made me realized I have issues with wheat (I eat it and my nose immediately is plugged.) But it is my husband's favorite. not only is my mood very grumpy, I'm depressed today and my neck is killing me. grrrr, And I did this to myself. growl