Welcome!

Options
At the suggestion of someone at the other site, I decided to start a NWOP group over at MFP. The support I've received from so many strangers, found through MWOP has been wonderful and I attribute it, in part to my success. I thought this would be a good way to connect. Feel free to add or invite anyone so we can all encourage each other!

Replies

• mc100in365
    Options
    Thanks for creating this, library_fiend! Should we introduce ourselves? I'm Jen_in_Jeopardy over on MWOP.
  • coolgrannie
    Options
    Love group support! I'm TheTsunamiofKarma. :)
  • typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.. It is me Mom7 !! Add me as a friend. I am currently struggling with losing weight and trying to figure out how to make this work.
  • mindy6540
    mindy6540 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I normally post under my own name - Melinda
  • Lerin381
    Options
    I'm Piemonade. :) I need to get back on the wagon.
  • laurajane30
    laurajane30 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group! I post occasionally at MwOP as Mkunderstood. I lost 20 lbs last year, and I'm looking to continue that. I really like MFP, and I hope we can be a great support to each other!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group. My name's the same.

I do occasionally ramble on the blog things here so I'll share my disclaimer:

The writings I do on my MFP blog are not intended to suggest that I'm an actual "writer". It's for my process through all this and mine along. If you choose to read, do so at your own literary risk. If you get something out of my ramblings, great. If not, oh well, since it's for me anyway :-) I find journaling helpful, and should do more of it.

I updated my profile about a month ago. Like many, I was a normal weight until I went to college. Over the course of about 18 months, I gained nearly 100 pounds. Since then, I've struggled to lose, using weight watchers 3 different times. I've gone as far as therapy, trying to figure out if I had an eating disorder or not.

I've come to the conclusion that I don't have an eating disorder, but I did struggle with disordered thinking as a result of deprivation while dieting. I started to think I was weak, and became obsessed with food and I now realize that a huge part of that was due to the fact that I was on a very, very low fat and very, very low calorie diet. My "failure" and ED was my body screaming in protest.

So I battle a few demons, and get rather stabby when I hear about people talking about quick fixes and miracles. My only true goal in all of this is DO NOT QUIT.

For the month of December, I set to maintenance. I needed a break and December is a tough month food wise at work--January everyone will be on a diet. Last January, about 1/2 of my co-workers began different quick fix diets, from Isogenics to HCG. I'm the only one who has sustained a loss over the long haul. The sad thing is that most of them just needed a tweak in their eating and exercise habits, not a drastic diet.

Enough from me for a while.
  • typingathome
    Options
    So glad to see everyone here enjoying MWOP and MFP!

I joined MFP months ago, had good success, lost 12 pounds and then between sleep apnea, (finally got my CPAP) and crazy life with 7 kids, one husband, and a graveyard shift job typing medical records from home, I gained it all back. I am addicted to McDonald's. (McRibs came back this month... ugh.. I know).. With the work schedule, my sleep is interrupted usually laying down from 8 am to 1 pm .. getting up and making dinner, cleaning, laundry, and if I am lucky getting to lie back down around 7 pm to sleep until 10:58 pm so I can log in at 11 pm (don't want to miss a minute of sleep!!)... AND I don't move all night from sitting and typing. I bought a Leslie Sansone Walking DVD and it is sitting on my desk staring at me saying GET UP... Haven't answered it yet. Glad that we can do this together. I hope everyone has a wonderul holiday without too much food splurging.. I am giving myself a break (pretty much for the last 15 years).. But after Christmas the DVD is getting used once a day and not just as a decoration on my desk.

Please add me if I missed any new members coming on... Can't wait to support all of you and enjoy some MWOP fun along the way....

MOM7 aka Cindy :)
  • emilynichole
    Options
    Hello, lovelies. I'm Nichole, but I post as redwineandambien on MWOP, and I know I am (or have been) friends with some of you in here. I'm WAY OFF TRACK in my weight struggle. I've managed to gain back everything i lost and then some, and it's depressing the hell out of me. So here I am, picking the worst time of the year to start back in, but this emotional eating just has to stop. I've had two c-sections, so it's been a real struggle for me to not be constantly overwhelmed by my stomach and my inability to tighten up the area. Add to that my love for food and beer, and it's a recipe for a hot mess. I'm hoping this will get me back to where I was and even further!
  • MichelleBogart
    MichelleBogart Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! This is Shellie of course and Jan 8th will make one year on here. Wow, can't believe its so close. I've lost 46 lbs so far but am yo-yo-ing with about four currently. My aunt is making it VERY hard to get TJ out to the gym and I can tell. We are headed out tomorrow though and no more apple or pumpkin pie without exercise!!! I can have the treats, just need to budget better for them. Anyway, welcome to everyone and thanks for my welcome!
  • mc100in365
    Options
    Mom7, I blame you in advance for the 40 lbs. I'm about to gain from the news that the McRib is back!
  • kpmomof8
    Options
    Hi everyone ~

I am kpmomof9 at MWOP. I actually have 8 kids now, not 9, which is why I'm kpmomof8 here.

I began MFP on 11/23/12 (so... what... 2.5 weeks ago). I am finding that keeping track of what I eat makes a huge difference for me. My goal is to lose 30 pounds. I have 24 pounds to go. I spent just under 6 months in a hospital 250 miles from home last year between my 6 year old son & 5 year old daughter, both who are chronically-ill & medically-fragile (my son's condition is terminal), and gained weight because all I did was sit on my butt and I got zero regular exercise. I'm 42 years old and want to get back to a healthy weight; thus, the discovery of MFP and my making an actual commitment to doing this. I would love to be close to my goal weight by my birthday next March. I think that would be the best birthday present I could give myself.

Oh, and my name is Kate.
  • kpmomof8
    Options
    Nichole ~ I just wanted to tell you I totally understand that depression caused by a post-c-section stomach. I have had 3 c-sections and have a huge separation of my abdominal muscles. My doctor has said only a tummy tuck will repair the separation, but I don't have the $$ or time right now to do it. As such, I am trying to just accept that I will never have a flat stomach again, but it's hard to come to grips with that reality. I read your words and wanted to offer you a big (((hug))).
  • typingathome
    Options
    Sorry MC100...... :frown:
  • MichelleBogart
    MichelleBogart Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey Kp, I know who you are and keep track of your family. And now that I said that, it sounds stalkerish. LOL Anyway, with all you have going on, just joining her and giving it a go is a fantastic start for you. Hang in there.
  • coolgrannie
    Options
    So good to read everybody's stories. What amazing women we are!

I weighed 120-130 throughout college and early adulthood, had a bit of a struggle getting back to that weight after my son was born (30 years ago...), and then was active and in good shape for many years. And then I retired. It was such a change in routine, pace of life, activities, etc., that I gained at least 50 lbs before I realized it. And even at that, as uncomfortable as I felt in my body, I wasn't inspired to change anything until my doc gave me the numbers last year: genetics finally caught up with me. I have high cholesterol and have crossed the line between hypoglycemia and diabetes.

So this year I decided to get serious. Mentally I'm predisposed to an active, vigorous, healthy life; I just need to get this fat out of the way! MFP is giving me the structure to change my eating habits, get going on exercise, and being healthy. It's working, albeit slowly. But losing 25 lbs. has made clothes fit better (some of them are too big now!), back feel better, exercise easier, etc., etc. I'm on my way!

Glad to be here with like-minded women. We rock!
  • kpmomof8
    Options
    Thanks, Michelle. You don't sound stalkerish. Thanks for caring about what's going on with Joshua & Bethany. That's really nice of you. :)

I had to start exercising ~ I need the stress relief. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't kill their husbands; they just don't! (a line from "Legally Blonde")
  • 1l9j6s0
    1l9j6s0 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi ladies! This is PileofCashHiddenStash! Is anyone still actively using MFP? When I first started using it I lost about 8 lbs, then stopped actively recording my food intake and have gained it back :( It's time for me to get serious again and I'd love to have support this go round.