Chocolate & Nut energy truffles- 2 net carbs each!

Options
2»

Replies

• mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You know since I bought the almond butter and even though I can't make these yet b/c of the coconut... I have been eating almond butter each day since :) YUM!
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    BUMP big time! :)
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I've done a similar thing, using coconut oil instead of almond butter

I also soak the pecans overnight and drain the water. Grinding them up in the food processor makes them very smooth.

Use egg whites too. Helps bind the batter.

:)
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Going to make this tomorrow.... finally have all the ingredients!
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! :)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I'm out of a few ingredients but will definitely make when I have them!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I just made these, very yummy! Left the flax out because I was too lazy to grind it. My mixture was very dry, I added a tablespoon of coconut oil and it's still too dry to hold together. Maybe because I use fresh ground almond butter that I just ground at the store today? Anyhow, eating with a spoon a super yummy. Also added 1.5 ounces sugar free dark chocolate disks!
  • Malcah1
    Malcah1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    High in fat! More fat then some recipes for fat bombs I've seen... going to try this soon...
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    High in fat! More fat then some recipes for fat bombs I've seen... going to try this soon...

I saw that too and then realized it's from all of the nuts. I don't mind "good" fats like that. :)

Thanks for the recipe! These sound really good for when I want a little chocolate fix.