HI all :)

Options
Just wanted to introduce myself here...I am a 28 year old female, 5'4" and about 110-112 lbs. Looking to get back to 118. I have lost a substantial amount of weight this year due to stress (lowest was 109) so I am looking forward reading some posts that will get me back on track :)

Also, it helps knowing that I am not alone in this battle!! Sometimes I feel like my friends think I am crazy for wanting to gain weight....but I know I don't look well and my face looks gaunt :(

Replies

• BonyToni
    Options
    Hi there,

I am Toni. My profile and diary are open to the world. I too am trying to gain a significant amount of weight. I am 5 foot 7 started with MFP at the end end of September at 108 pounds. I am now 114 pounds. Check me out and friend me if you want. It is nice to have the support of people that you share goals with. I am friends with some lovely people on MFP and we all support and motivate one another.

Best of luck with your goals.

Toni
    :drinker:
  • krazyally
    Options
    Hello! I'm Alice. I'm 5'6 and up to about 114 right now. Trying to get to 120 by the end of the year. I know my friends don't want to hear about me trying to gain as they are all trying to lose. It's just as hard! I'm sure you can get there. Just one pound at a time :)
  • silverchez
    Options
    Thanks for your support ladies :) its hard to explain it to people that don't understand what its like to have problems with GAINING weight...for me, when I am stressed, I pretty much stop eating. It drives my boyfriend crazy because he says, "JUST EAT!". Ah, if it were that simple :)

Have any of you experienced any hairloss or a gaunt face? My hair has stopped falling out, thank god....but my face still looks kinda...aged I guess :(

Cat
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hear you! I lost some weight early this year and stress played a major part in causing that. My appetite just disappears when I'm stressed. My hair didn't fall out but it was definitely dull and limp looking, and my face looked aged and gaunt to the point where I started to see wrinkles - I just turned 29 in August! I am trying to gain a lot more weight so that I look younger and healthier. I'm almost to my first goal but it has been months of trying, some steps forward and some steps back. Oh yes, eat lots of fats: coconut oil, olive oil, butter, high-quality or organic meat, fish/fish oil, nuts and seeds, etc. This helps in reaching calorie goals, but it also is great for the skin and definitely helped me look less gaunt after a while.
  • yasavi
    yasavi Posts: 30
    Options
    Hello,

I'm 5'6" and 133 pounds at age 24. Most guys my age and height are in the 150's. I know that the healthy ideal weight for my age and height is between 118-130 pounds but I've been told by those around me that I look really skinny... I really want to gain weight safely without it manifesting in one area. The heaviest I've been was 165 pounds, but I looked like a pear with twigs for arms and legs. I have no idea if it's genetics, but when I gain weight they usually go to my thighs and stomach area. My goal is to safely gain weight that is even distributed throughout my body.

Prior to October 2012, I did not form of strength or cardio exercises so I am hoping that by doing these things along with a healthy calorie intake, I will gain desirable weight instead of ugly weight. Feel free to add me!
  • mztapout2012
    Options
    Hello,

I'm 5'4" and I weigh in today at 108.8 pounds. I have been struggling with weight gain since I had my first child. Well since before that as well. I have tried everything eating 3,000 calories a day, drinking weight boosters that tasted like chalk, milkshakes before bed...and nothing worked. I just got put on weight gainer medicine from my doctor but I have to try to find other ways to help keep the weight on. I get so discouraged because I fear that if I don't gain weight soon I am going to loose my mind. I just want to be the healthy weight of 125-130. Thats what I am confortable at. I am tired of shoppin in the little kids section. So I am hoping this helps...if I find new tips I will be sure to let you all in on my secret
  • babystepsforward
    babystepsforward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 18 and am trying to gain weight because my parents are worried about me. I recently lost some weight due to stress and just general sort of depression really. I've also tried to be healthy eating but it got a little out of hand and now cannot seem to eat cake/chocolate/crisps etc.. both because my tastes have adapted and i am scared of them. This sounds stupid and i apologize if it is in anyway triggering or tedious to read however i have jut convinced myself that all these things are so bad and wanted to be thin so long that i now could really do with some help. It's so hard when your friends are dieting/not eating properly etc.. and i am forcing myself to eat more than i want. Anyone in a similar boat? could really use some strong role models. I look gaunt and i know i will look better if i put some weight on , i just don't want it to be fat . confusing!
  • Angeliqueinniss
    Options
    I'm exactly the same my friends just ignore me when I say I want to gain weight, i'm too thin .. I hope this calore counting works! I've never down it before... GOOD LUCK :)
  • tinawesome
    Options
    Hi I'm just getting started here on MFP.. I was keeping track earlier this year and eventually stopped because I was having a hard time keeping up... 2000 calories is a lot, I guess I'm a bad American!

Anyway I'm 24, 5'7" and about 107 lbs. And that's after gaining 5lbs this year... so it's slow but possible! Especially hard with a mostly vegetarian diet. Great to find other people that are trying to gain, there is no pity for us when everyone else is trying to lose weight :(
  • GracyW
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am 21 years old. My whole life I've been at the center of the skinny jokes. At first it was fine because I knew that the 'majority' of people wanted to be skinny but over time it really started to wear me down and got to the point where I didn't see myself as a woman anymore. I also have small bone structure so that adds to my tiny-ness.

I am a little underweight (but that's not on purpose) and my goal is to gain 10 pounds. I'd love to get support from you guys and I'll offer mine also. We can swap ideas, recipes and such to help us reach our goals - that'd be great. It's so hard to find a community for weight gainers when all around us the words "healthy living" and "diet and exercise" mean weight loss to everyone else.

I wish luck to all of you. Please add me to your friends list and we can go on this journey together.
  • duran9987
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I have just begun the second half of my twenties and now am looking to focus more on bulking up. I reside in the middle of nowhere, new jersey where support and motivation is extremely hard to find. I am 6'3, 185lbs and my goal is to convert some of the existing weight into muscle and perhaps add another 10 pounds of muscle.
    Now heres the tricky part, I am not looking to bulk up on saturated fats, sugar, etc. I want gain weight from healthy foods which is very hard. I welcome anyone who has a desire to gain weight from a healthy source. We can discuss new ingredients, work out plans, ideas. Please add me to your friends list, I look forward to all the new inspiration and motivation.
  • KamWiley007
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am 24 years old and weigh 100lbs. I was a nice decent weight of 125lbs and a size 5. I felt comfortable with my body back then and I didn't realize how comfortable I was until I noticed my clothes fitting more loosely everyday. I want to gain weight to get more confidence within myself. I feel defeated.

My goal is to gain at least 1lb a week. I weigh-in in about 4 weeks.

Feel free to friend me. I could use the support and I've got your back as well!

~Kameisha
  • silverchez
    Options
    I feel less alone knowing that there are others out there that have issues with gaining weight like I do. :)

Feel free to post any tips/tricks etc to taking in a lot of calories (healthily of course!) I find it hard to consume 2600 cals a day when I am super busy.