December 9-15 Weekly Challenge For The More Avanced

Options
2»

Replies

• GardenDelight
    GardenDelight Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Loving the "push" this is making me do. I feel great, even though I have been fighting chest congestion through all of this!

230/240 Zumba / Kickboxing / Boxing
    0/60 Yoga
    4/5 Mile Run
  • 2tang
    2tang Posts: 44
    Options
    i need to kick it up a notch tonight, but here is where I am so far:

1. 85/240 minutes of Boxing, Kickboxing, or Zumba
    2. 70/60 minutes of yoga
    3. 0/5 Mile Run (or 5 miles on an elliptical- for any of you out there with bad knees/ankles
  • antelucyferum
    Options
    I won't be winning anything since I don't do zumba or kickboxing. :) But it'll be great to have the challenge and be accountable anyway.

Status update, 9 - 13 December:
    1. No kickboxing, etc. (2 hours kettlebells/strength training)
    2. Yoga 120/60 minutes
    3. Running 5/5 miles
  • jereneyz
    jereneyz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Status update:
    1. None :( I skated for 4 hours though.. not sure if it counts. But I'll still be attempting to do 4 hours of kick boxing tomorrow and on the weekends
    2. 60/60 yoga
    3. 4/5 miles
  • kirby34puckett
    kirby34puckett Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    15/240 minutes of Zumba, Boxing, or Kickboxing
    0/60 Yoga
    3/5 miles
  • Chan1122
    Chan1122 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Tonight I did a 60 minute Zumba class. I did more stuff but won't list it since it is not a part of the challenge. My totals so far are

105/240 minutes of Zumba, Boxing of Kickboxing
    0/60 Yoga
    5/5 miles
  • GardenDelight
    Options
    250/240 Zumba / Kickboxing / Boxing
    20/60 Strength training (I don't do yoga for spiritual reasons - this may eliminate me from the challenge - ?)
    5/5 Mile Run
  • Carmennorth
    Carmennorth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You all are doing well! If you want to replace yoga with 60 minutes of some other type of stretching or more relaxing exercise (swimming, pilates, etc).. Just something geared more toward flexibility, please feel free to replace it. I just think it is important to make sure you do some flexibility training as well as the intense training....
  • Chan1122
    Options
    Even though its extremely late/early in the morning I want to update my totals.
    Friday night kickboxing at the Y from 6:10- 6:50 pm.
    Then drove to my other gym Blast Fitness to do Zumba/Latin Dance from 7:15-8:15pm
    My instructor offered me a banana which I gladly devoured because I was truly feeling it at the end of class.

205/240 boxing, kickboxing,zumba
    0/60 Yoga
    5/5 Elliptical

Going to do Yoga tomorrow at the Y @ 9:30-10:30
    Staying around after class to do kickbox class from 11:30-12:15.

I can't wait for 12:15 to come because I will be relaxing my bootay until Monday!
  • GardenDelight
    Options
    250/240 Zumba / Kickboxing / Boxing
    40/60 Strength training (I don't do yoga for spiritual reasons -this may eliminate me from the challenge - ?)
    20 min stretch session
    5/5 Mile Run
  • kirby34puckett
    kirby34puckett Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    15/240 minutes of Zumba, Boxing, or Kickboxing
    0/60 Yoga
    5/5 miles

I clearly didn't do as well as I would have liked this week, but I didn't start until Wednesday because of finals week. So, all in all, I'm content with what I have done these past four days.
  • Chan1122
    Options
    I completed the challenge for the week. I completed a kickbox class today at the gym from 11:30 to 12:15. I slept through Yoga this morning at the Y. I did the next best thing and whipped out my brand new yoga mat that I bought well over a year. Tuned in to fitness on demand and completed two yoga sessions for a total of 60 mins.

245/240 of kickboxing, boxing, or Zumba
    60/60 Yoga
    5/5 Elliptical

This challenge motivated me to use my Yoga mat, because I have no idea when I would have used it.
    I'm excited that I pushed myself to do it. My muscles are a little sore...but I feel so encouraged because I
    did 3 1/2 hours of other cardio activites in addition to what is listed above. I'm taking tomorrow off from exercising
    however I will post my weight lost.

Kudos to everyone doing the advanced challenge. A special shout out to the people who work out at home
    it takes a lot of motivation and focus to do that. I did it today...but only because I missed it @ the Y
    Stay strong everyone and stay in until the end.
  • 2tang
    2tang Posts: 44
    Options
    135/240 of kickboxing, boxing, or Zumba
    90/60 Yoga
    5/5 Elliptical

I was hoping to do 2 hours of exercise on saturday...but could not do it. I will give it my all next week. This week got me back into doing zumba on the PS3 and also to dust off my old yoga dvds. Additionally, I did do boxing and yoga with my hubby and we are planning on working out atleast once per week, which is awesome - since it's easier to workout if I have a partner.

Thanks to you all for motivating me, the comments on the forum and the news feed really kept me motivated.