so, what would you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    there is a guy on match, that shows up in your matches, that you think sounds like a good match. you click "yes."

he looks at you, but doesn't do anything else ( no message or wink or anything)

your ability to email runs out today ( tonight?) that means you can't send or read emails after today.

i'm not asking what *I* should do, i'm asking what YOU would do :-) would you sit back and wait and see if he contacts you or would you send a message?

You expressed interest in him (by clicking "yes"), he didn't respond. Don't be *that* person.

This.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    oh i'm not shy, LOL! i'm the antithesis of shy. i'll talk to anyone about anything :-)
    yesterday i had a decently long conversation with a guy in the parking lot of the gym about my car.
    as he got in his car he said " i've never met a woman that knew something i didn't know about a car."

LOL!! so, yeah, i'm not shy. not anymore :-)

i guess i just figure if he's interested he'll message me. right? if he's not interested he won't...... at least that's how i have been thinking.... should i change my thinking?

Thats good then, I am sorry for implying you are shy!

Usually you are correct, a guy will talk to you if he is interested, but online dating is a bit different imo.
    You have much less to lose, it is close to anonymous, so if you message first you may increase
    your chances on finding someone. It is no guarantee though.

I would be fine messaging them first... if it wasn't that in this scenario I had expressed interest and he noted this interest and did not reciprocate.

His loss.

Next message.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I think those wink things are for chickens. I don't use them, and I ignore guys that use them on me. If I am interested in a guy I message him, and if he's interested he will message me. It doesn't matter who messages first, so long as it happens.