got my very first ever Greek yogurt.....need help.

Options

Replies

• shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    well..I've tried many but I can't stand the taste....
    BUT.... Liberte light blueberries is not bad at all....Ok, little sugar but just don't take it too often or reduce elsewhere.
    You still get the protein and the goods of greek yogurt but at least it taste good :P
  • Molly_480908
    Options
    I had to get use to the taste as well!
    I like will use one for a smootie for breakfast.
    1 greek yogurt, 1 cup of Trop 50 orange juice, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, wheat germ, and frozen berries. It is very high in protein and keeps me full until lunch time!
  • bonnielovinglife
    Options
    Try adding the Greek yogurt to other things to ease into the different texture and taste. I love to use in place of anything sour cream; on tacos for example or to make pasta sauce a bit creamy I'll put a dollop on top.
  • msbluekatt
    Options
    It makes a great nonfat protein rich ranch dip. I use 1 cup plain greek yogurt plus 1/2 packet hidden valley powder, some chopped chives and a shake or 2 of Mrs. Dash. If its too thick, thin down with water or skim milk. I also add a squirt or 2 of sriracha hot sauce. Delish!! Makes a great snack with celery sticks or carrot chips.
  • Joolya57
    Options
    I hated Greek Yogurt at first. I have to have the plain since I had VSG - no sugar. My nutritionist said to add splenda to it and it works. Makes it more palatable. Also, try adding sugar free fat free instant pudding to Greek Yogurt or some of the sugar free Torani or DaVinci syrups -- vanilla, caramel, etc. I just mixed up cheesecake pudding, yogurt and some vanilla syrup. Delicious. It's very high in protein, no sugar and helps keep me full.
  • bonnielovinglife
    Options
    It makes a great nonfat protein rich ranch dip. I use 1 cup plain greek yogurt plus 1/2 packet hidden valley powder, some chopped chives and a shake or 2 of Mrs. Dash. If its too thick, thin down with water or skim milk. I also add a squirt or 2 of sriracha hot sauce. Delish!! Makes a great snack with celery sticks or carrot chips.

oh my gosh that sounds really yummy!
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    Yoplait is not true greek yogurt, try Chobani as was suggested earlier, or Fage, its got a nice creamy texture, not light, but not chalky. I personally like the plain yogurt and then I add fun stuff like frozen fruit, granola, my favorite breakfast cereal, honey can make it sweeter, with less sugar than the yoplait fruit stuff.
  • penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like honey flavored, or plain and add your own honey and dip fresh fruit in it.
  • mcmegsy
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE greek yogurt, but only when it's frozen. I add fruit to it, cover it, and pop it in the freezer for about an hour (you can put it in for longer but it will get harder... play around with it to find the texture you like best). It is absolutely delicious and gives me my sweets fix; a much better alternative to ice cream or other snacks. Hope you try it out and enjoy it!
  • marymack427
    marymack427 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love Key Lime pie but the Greek one tasted very chalky to me too! I think the Greek Honey is the best, or plain Greek with some fresh fruit.
  • lmrow
    lmrow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I buy the chobani plain & add my own fruit & nuts to it. Raspberries & slivered almonds are my favorite! It has a much lower sugar count and then I can also use it as a sour cream substitute as well.
  • origwvgirl
    origwvgirl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani's peach, pineapple, and strawberry flavors. I stir them up to mix in the fruit before eating them.
  • healthymein2013
    healthymein2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I add 1/2 a package of SF hot chocolate mix to mine. Yummy and chocolatly!
  • halfretird
    halfretird Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I buy plain fage so i can do all sorts of flavors. I put it in blender with frozen fruit whatever you like. I keep a variety so i can switch things up a little. I add coconut sugar to it to make it sweet its a natural fruit and i blend it to get the creamy feel i like. So everything i have in it is natural. Its awesome. Oh forgot the almonds that i add.
  • Theresa8267
    Theresa8267 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have tried many kinds of Greek Yogurt and found Greek Gods brand sold at Sprouts Markets is really the only one I like. Not sure if it is sold anywhere else. Try it if you can. It comes in vanilla, blueberry, strawberry and plain. I don't recommend the plain.
  • xcamx1293
    xcamx1293 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add alittle bit of jell-o powder mix. Or even alittle flavoring from crystal lite pack. Both are zero or really low cal. (: and give a great flavor. :p
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I add everything to my yogurt (not all at once but you get the idea) splenda, honey, fruit, protein powder, pb2, jello powder mix, heres a great recipe that I got on here for butterfingers yogurt

plain greek yogurt
    butterscotch pudding mix ( about a fourth of the package)
    tsp pb2 chocolate
    mix it all together

or
    cheesecake pudding mix (about a fourth of the package)
    tsp of blueberries
    mix well

I just play around with the flavors and see what works best!
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I add everything to my yogurt (not all at once but you get the idea) splenda, honey, fruit, protein powder, pb2, jello powder mix, heres a great recipe that I got on here for butterfingers yogurt

plain greek yogurt
    butterscotch pudding mix ( about a fourth of the package)
    tsp pb2 chocolate
    mix it all together

or
    cheesecake pudding mix (about a fourth of the package)
    tsp of blueberries
    mix well

I just play around with the flavors and see what works best!

Yes this ^^^^ or any pudding or sugar free pudding mix (if your cutting your sugar) and let it sit in the fridge for a little to firm up. I LOVE the white chocolate pudding mixed in.
    P.S. if it gets too thick from the pudding mix add a little milk.
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat greek yogurt is the plain with PB2 powdered peanut butter, sweetener, chia seeds and chopped apple. OMG It is my addiction these days. :flowerforyou:
  • jenniferarnold619
    Options
    I am not a huge yogurt fan, but loved loved loved Yoplait's Whips. Unfortunately, i got wayyyyyy too used to the sweet fluffy taste and texture of Whips yogurt.

I saw how much protein is in Greek yogurt,
    and bought two of the Yoplait Greek key-lime yogurts,
    but, just tasted one,
    and it tastes kind of chalky-ish to me.

anyone have any idea of something i could add to this greek yogurt to lessen that chalky-ish texture up a bit? til i adjust to it...?

I havent read everyone else's replies, but of all the greek yogurts, Yoplait's is by far and large the worst texture. It is ABSOLUTELY chalky. I generally go for Dannon or Tastes of Inspirations (store brand) and if it is on sale Chobani. All three of these are much more smooth kind of like pudding.

I also like to make a fruit bowl for breakfast... chopped apples and bananas (or berries and bananas), 1/4-1/2 cup of vanilla nonfat greek yougurt and top with walnuts. I rocks! and even if your yogurt is a little chalky, you can't really tell since it is mixed up with the fruit.