Eating Fruit

Options
I just started eating Paleo yesterday, so I am on day 2. I am just wondering how much fruit should I eat? I have read multiple articles relating to the foods that can be eaten and foods that should be avoided, but am unsure of the amount of fruit. Some say to limit it and some say to eat as much as you like.

I am looking to lose weight, so I am thinking I should limit it. currently I eat about 3 to 4 servings of fruit a day, is this to much for weight loss?

any help suggestions on which foods that are allowed for Paleo that should be limited during weight loss would be a great help.

thanks
Melissa

Replies

• divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    try 1 or none. while fruit isn't really bad for you, it will be tough to kick the sugar cravings if you eat that much fruit.
  • dmacilveen
    dmacilveen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would target between 50-75 grams of Carbs a day during weight loss mode. If you limit the fruit and eat good meats and vegetables you will not be a problem staying in that range. However Multiple Fruits in the mealplan will fill those up very quickly.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I've been eating paleo since the beginning of July 2012, and I typically stick to just a handful of berries in the morning, if I have any fruit at all. I think it's best to really focus on veggies, protein, and fats for both being mindful of your carbohydrate allowance and to keep your blood sugar nice and even. I stick to 50-75g carbs/day.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I just started eating Paleo yesterday, so I am on day 2. I am just wondering how much fruit should I eat? I have read multiple articles relating to the foods that can be eaten and foods that should be avoided, but am unsure of the amount of fruit. Some say to limit it and some say to eat as much as you like.

I am looking to lose weight, so I am thinking I should limit it. currently I eat about 3 to 4 servings of fruit a day, is this to much for weight loss?

any help suggestions on which foods that are allowed for Paleo that should be limited during weight loss would be a great help.

thanks
    Melissa

Do you have any Metabolic Issues? Adrenal Gland Fatigue, Insomnia, Diabetes, PCOS, Hypo-thyroid, etc? If so, you will want to limit fruit intake until you have lost at least 50% of your weight.

If you have no known issues, then you should be fine.
  • stormynytes4ever
    stormynytes4ever Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I still eat fruit when I can get it, but I tend to go more for the darker berries and the more bitter fruits.