Little Victories!!

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
What have YOU done today that was a small victory?

I overcooked my garlic bread at dinner, and did NOT make more because I wanted a 'good one' and then eat them all anyway!!

How about you??

Replies

• Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It is the little victories that add up.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Nobody else has little day to day victories that help them along? Really? :noway:

I actually thought this would be an ongoing thread to celebrate the little things we all do that help us reach our goals......
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Lots of little victories. Ate out with coworkers on Thursday and had a side salad instead of half salad and half fries and only drank water because I knew I would have a glass of wine at the reception we were going to.

Big victory is not only doing this on my own, but my husband is participating (successfully I might add) and my daughter has joined MFP and is on fire! We are a farmily who are going to rock this together.
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    Little victory for me was yesterday. The husband brought home these cheap Christmas cookies, which were dyed a neon red and when he offered I refused because I didn't wan to put that crap in my body. A few months ago I wouldn't have blinked an eye at them.

(really, they were horrible looking red pucks of gastronomic death)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Way to go Ladies!! :drinker:
  • dblosmith
    dblosmith Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had lots of little victories. Being able to do one pull up was a little victory, being able to hike all the way up this steep hill without stopping, being able to get pants outside of big and tall stores... Oh, being able to fit on roller coasters was a big one since I love coasters. I'm struggling to get back under 245 so I can get under obese and into overweight category although I don't think I'm very overweight.
  • TracyLM72
    Options
    I made two slices of wheat bread out of habbit. I only planned on having one with my breakfast. I took it out of the toaster and threw it in the sink, and poured water on it.. LOL sounds drastic, but I felt good about doing it.

I also passed the kitchen and was tempted to go look for some munchies, but kept walking.

It's these little decisions that add up to big results and behavior changes as time goes on.
  • sheilanowell
    sheilanowell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I only ate 1/2 a bag of fries from Culvers today...
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My little victory - when a coworker announced tomorrow was treat day (she being a professional baker)

My *first* thought was "How can I make this fit into my goals?!" For me this is a success, because before it would not have even registered that I needed to think about it, just enjoy it and lots of it. I will still eat some, but I will eat less and (more importantly) I *will* make it fit into the plan.
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My latest little victory was being able to maintain my weight, while enjoying some holiday goodies. I really wasn't trying to but it happened.
  • shaybell34
    shaybell34 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was able to fit into my brother lawn chair. It made me see that inches was loss, and i felt good about it.
  • sunnyGinnaye
    Options
    those all sound like great victories to me! mine has to be that although i am just coming back to tracking and haven't been "perfect" that I am still tracking, also I am going back to the gym tonight for the first time in months!
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have on size 24 pants today, and I can still breathe! (was a size 32 in May 2012)
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    Had the bright idea to make a whole bunch of treats for christmas (I was telling myself christmas
    doesn't count). Things like cheeseball (favorite) pizza pinwheels, tons of cookies, bars,
    cinnamon rolls...you name it. Bought bags of chips. And when it was time to dig in during christmas,
    I was really disgusted and didn't want it! There was nothing there that was real food. When I sighed
    and turned away from it, my husband's jaw dropped in shock and said, "Wow, I think you really are
    changing." This gave me hope. Last year (and many before that!) I would have bulldozed right through
    every crumb of it. I usually gain about 15 lbs during christmas season and this year was 3. I threw a
    lot of the food out or gave it away but I must admit I did eventually have some stuff while at family
    gatherings. But, this is real progress for me.
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    I was able to fit into my brother lawn chair. It made me see that inches was loss, and i felt good about it.

Yay! Unfortunately I completely understand what you mean about being unable to fit into a chair properly.
    The chairs at my doctors office are horrible and the arms on the sides just about cut off my circulation
    in my hips/thighs. But it is getting better too. Way to go!
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    I Oh, being able to fit on roller coasters was a big one since I love coasters.

I can't wait to have this victory! I've never been able to ride one and I am in my thirties. Pathetic!
    Amazing weight loss by the way. :)
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was able to go to the zoo with my kids and not have to sit down to rest!
  • sunnyGinnaye
    Options
    yeah I look forward to being more active with my kids
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I have on size 24 pants today, and I can still breathe! (was a size 32 in May 2012)

Awesome!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I was able to go to the zoo with my kids and not have to sit down to rest!

that is great!