Anyone interested in a Biggest Loser type competition?

Options
aliann30
aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
So I was wandering through groups and saw a Biggest Loser competition earlier this year - but didn't see any currently going on. Is anyone interested in creating one here on MFP? I think that would definitely help me with accountability - thoughts? :bigsmile:

Replies

• Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That would be a great idea!! I'm in
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sure!
  • aliann30
    Options
    cool...just need to get enough people... :wink:
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Count me in - don't know what it is but I'm in lol
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in ...i need all the incentives I can get :)
  • vilose
    vilose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would love to if this is still happening!
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Count me in - don't know what it is but I'm in lol

Me too! I have never joined one of the BL groups.
  • aliann30
    Options
    Sorry, guys!! We filled up REALLY fast and started October 29th (we had 120 people and had to close the group!!). I've had a lot of people ask if we can do a second session starting in January, so I think we're going to do that - if you guys are still interested let me know!!! I'll put you on a list so you have first dibs on spots!!! :happy:
  • admnmtpilot
    Options
    Sorry, guys!! We filled up REALLY fast and started October 29th (we had 120 people and had to close the group!!). I've had a lot of people ask if we can do a second session starting in January, so I think we're going to do that - if you guys are still interested let me know!!! I'll put you on a list so you have first dibs on spots!!! :happy:

I would still be interested.

Angela
  • pinky_pie
    Options

Sign me up! January 1st?
  • aliann30
    Options
    Awesome! I'm hoping we can get everything running to start January 1st, but since our competition now will just be ending December 30th, I may need a few more days to get new members, delete the old, and freshen everything up. I'll friend you and post something as it gets closer.

If anyone else is interested, go ahead and friend me and like I said, I'll be posting as it gets closer.
  • sheilanowell
    sheilanowell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am interested in a Biggest Loser competition. Is it all "big" people like us, or anyone on MFP?
  • juliek710
    juliek710 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm interested if this is still available! Sending you a friend request :)
  • aliann30
    Options
    hey gals! We will be starting this coming weekend! I am SO EXCITED to see what Season 2 has in store for us. To answer the previous question, yes, people from all over MFP are in the competition (so all sizes - but there are quite a few of us, including me, who have a lot to lose, so you definitely won't be alone!)

I'll post teams on Friday Jan 4th and our first weigh-in will be Sat, Jan 5th!

We have 5 teams this Season, all led by awesome competitors from our Season 1 competition! We will go for 12 weeks, ending March 30th, 2013.

Each week we determine a Biggest Loser team as well as Biggest Loser individual based on percentage of weight lost. We have weekly challenges as well as team challenges.

Because we have high expectations for this Season, and want totally committed individuals, we want to know that you'll put a little time into it. If you are interested, please message me with the following:

1. current weight
    2. goal weight for the 12 weeks
    3. ultimate goal weight
    4. TOP #1 reason you want to lose weight.

We are SO EXCITED to start and hope you'll join us! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :)
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi Ailiann I just want to make sure that this BL competition in the 300 400 pound club is the same as the BL season 2 that I joined and am getting ready to start on Saturday.
  • admnmtpilot
    Options
    hey gals! We will be starting this coming weekend! I am SO EXCITED to see what Season 2 has in store for us. To answer the previous question, yes, people from all over MFP are in the competition (so all sizes - but there are quite a few of us, including me, who have a lot to lose, so you definitely won't be alone!)

I'll post teams on Friday Jan 4th and our first weigh-in will be Sat, Jan 5th!

We have 5 teams this Season, all led by awesome competitors from our Season 1 competition! We will go for 12 weeks, ending March 30th, 2013.

Each week we determine a Biggest Loser team as well as Biggest Loser individual based on percentage of weight lost. We have weekly challenges as well as team challenges.

Because we have high expectations for this Season, and want totally committed individuals, we want to know that you'll put a little time into it. If you are interested, please message me with the following:

1. current weight
    2. goal weight for the 12 weeks
    3. ultimate goal weight
    4. TOP #1 reason you want to lose weight.

We are SO EXCITED to start and hope you'll join us! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :)

Will you be adding me? I was interested last time but you filled up too soon, and I posted that I would be interested the next time...just let me know. Thanks!

1. current weight 320.2
    2. goal weight for the 12 weeks 35.2 lbs
    3. ultimate goal weight 160.0 lbs
    4. TOP #1 reason you want to lose weight I want to be healthy and happy mentally, phsyically, and emotionally and
    me and my weight has kept me from being those things! I want to be
    the fabulous person I am in my own mind...LOL
  • juliek710
    juliek710 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me whether I am even in this competition? I replied to this thread on 12/19 and sent a message last week but I've heard nothing... now the competition is apparently started and I have no idea what is going on and have gotten no details so I assume I'm not in it? Help please anyone?