Welcome to all our new members.

Options
Glad to see the group growing at a good rate. I'm surprised there wasn't a group on here for ARFcom before.

Replies

• whitetaild33r
    Options
    Well, we hit the 20 member mark it seems!
  • SGocka
    SGocka Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well, we hit the 20 member mark it seems!

:drinker:
  • danmcvey70
    Options
    ar15.com username is el_hombre. I've used MFP in the past and kind of fell off the wagon. Thanks Arf for getting me back on track.
  • seeky907
    seeky907 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm raven on arfcom. I was using MFP pretty religiously in September, it's a very well designed and convenient tool. Didn't lose much weight but I made really good progress on cardio.
  • abhitchc
    Options
    Thanks for making this group. I was using the live strong calorie trackers, but I sorta gave up on it and gained my weight back. Hopefully being in a group will keep me honest. My username is squirrelslayer1.
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    Magurgle here

Aiming for 300 in june, 280 by september and a short term goal of under 330 to drink beer again. My home scale tops out at 330, but will read about 5 pounds over that before an error message shows on the screen

I was 350 on 1/1/13
    333 on my last weigh in a couple days ago
  • blossomboom_
    Options
    I'm knew on the boards, but my username is pretty much the same there. Looking forward to meeting some likeminded, motivated people.
  • Sparky223
    Sparky223 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Sparky joining in.
  • garodrig1
    Options
    garodrig1 checking in from Austin, TX
  • kennyw1983
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is the same at ARFCOM. Maybe now that im in a group I can shame myself into exercising more.
  • 5bypass
    5bypass Posts: 1
    Options
    I guess I am the new guy now. This is the only board I use this name for - reminds me why I am here.
  • sgtkiwi
    sgtkiwi Posts: 11
    Options
    SgtKiwi reporting for duty!
  • jmbronstad
    jmbronstad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's go time for the weight loss. TXBeerLover on arfcom...

Weighed 309 on 12.16.12 (Daughter's Birthday)

Weighed 278 on 6.1.13

Goal of 250 by 12.16.12

Goal of 235 by 6.1.14

Let's make this happen.
  • Gismos
    Gismos Posts: 15
    Options
    Well I don't post much at either place. Same user name over there. I am down 80 pounds from last August and trying to maintain right now.
  • 2666jan
    2666jan Posts: 13
    Options
    Damn, 80 lbs, great job. I'll be glad when I'm there.
  • Gismos
    Options
    Damn, 80 lbs, great job. I'll be glad when I'm there.

Thanks! 230 down to 150. I'm 35 and 5'10". I Plateaued hard for 3 months on weight but my body fat was still dropping.

Keep with it and you will get there.
  • 2666jan
    2666jan Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 5'10" but don't think I'll ever see 150 again. I'll be glad with 180. Did you count calories, and if you did, how many a day did you shoot for?
  • Gismos
    Options
    I didn't think I would get this low either. I was shooting for 175 but still didn't like how I looked in the mirror so stuck with the diet.

I am mostly following the Primal Blueprint from marksdailyapple.com. The main thing I worry about is keeping my carbs below 100 grams a day and my protein above 150 grams a day. I am eating around 1800 calories a day net of exercise. I also don't worry too much about each day as long as my weekly numbers are on track. I walk for 45-60 minutes every day (at lunch) and do strength training 3 nights a week and Pilates 2-3 nights a week.

If you want to friend me you can see my diet.
  • I_drink_diesel
    Options
    I'm dieselnut on arfcom. I've fallen off the wagon, and figured its time to jump back on. I'm glad to see more like minded individuals on here than when I last looked on mfp.
  • toadyrock
    toadyrock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm dieselnut on arfcom. I've fallen off the wagon, and figured its time to jump back on. I'm glad to see more like minded individuals on here than when I last looked on mfp.
    Welcome back. I think our groups is growing good and has real meat eating - beer drinking guys looking to loose a few lbs.