Replies

• Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I see paleoLennie already linked it!!
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm in for my third! I was going back and forth a bit this week, then made a bean soup my husband requested for dinner last night and spent most of the night nauseated and sick. Not fun, but the incentive I needed. I'm kind of debating stretching it to a 60.

I'll be posting my menu plans each week on Sunday on my blog at awkwardgirlgetsfit.com if anyone wants to join me. The more ideas I can get, the better!
  • tracy1344
    tracy1344 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my second Whole30 in jan too. I've been having too many poor choices lately. A W30 is the best way I have found to get back on track. I'm excited to see there are several of us doing it together. I let a friend borrow my ISWF book. I hope she is finished with it soon. I need a few recipes from it.
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow. Here is what I plan on eating tomorrow:

Breakfast: avocado on bed of lettuce

Lunch: Chicken Creamy Tomorrow Soup (I am making this in the crockpot now. http://paleomemphis.tumblr.com/post/17269502283/paleo-chicken-crockpot-soup)

Snack: carrots and hummus

Dinner: Tilapia (baked with fresh lemon and pepper) and mixed vegies

Dessert: Spinach Smoothie (spinach, blueberries and splash of freshly squeezed OJ)

This is my first whole 30, so, Thoughts?
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Is it paleo hummus? Otherwise its not really Whole 30...
  • Merci444
    Options
    I'm having a challenge in starting 'full on' tomorrow. I have no groceries. There are situations that have cropped up that *may* get in the way of me getting what I need at the grocery store. I may not be impeccable tomorrow, but plan to organize and plan my pantry. I already have a bunch of staples, but need good meats and veggies. I am going to get what I can, and will do my best but I am going through all of January anyway, so no matter how you look at it, it will be over a whole 30.
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I know. I have a whole thing of hummus I just opened the other day. ;(
  • pryncessleah23
    Options
    I am doing Whole30 January 2-31. This will be my first time so I am excited and nervous about it. Except for the holidays I eat fairly clean most of the time so hopefully it won't be too bad. New friends and support always welcome :)
  • tracy1344
    tracy1344 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Lunch: Chicken Creamy Tomorrow Soup (I am making this in the crockpot now. http://paleomemphis.tumblr.com/post/17269502283/paleo-chicken-crockpot-soup)

Dessert: Spinach Smoothie (spinach, blueberries and splash of freshly squeezed OJ)

This meal template from Whole9 might help you. http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

I don't see a protein with breakfast.

Im betting the hummus is not W30. We are Not suppose to snack. Your meals should be filling enough to keep you going. As for dessert, having a dessert is not W30. Smoothies are discouraged also. The only time I've see them approved over on the official board is if they are a small portion of a well rounded meal that includes protein, veggie and a good fat. I don't mean to sound negative, but I feel honest support is the only kind worth having.

Have you read It Starts With Food? It's a great help.
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This will be my 2nd Whole 30! I also had a paleo consult just to check in the week before xmas so I'm feeling more ready! Will have to start to prep this week!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    After all of my terrible eating that started last week, I am actually looking forward to my whole 30!!! Bleh!!!! Anyone else getting excited?:)
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ive decided to do something very similar, only thing Im worried I cant stop is my breakfast cereal, but will see if I can find some alternatives to my lovely branflakes in the morning :P
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've in!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options

This meal template from Whole9 might help you. http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

I don't see a protein with breakfast.

Im betting the hummus is not W30. We are Not suppose to snack. Your meals should be filling enough to keep you going. As for dessert, having a dessert is not W30. Smoothies are discouraged also. The only time I've see them approved over on the official board is if they are a small portion of a well rounded meal that includes protein, veggie and a good fat. I don't mean to sound negative, but I feel honest support is the only kind worth having.

Have you read It Starts With Food? It's a great help.

I agree with this.

Proteins should be a base of every meal, and then you fill the rest with veggies. The first day of my previous whole30 I did have one snack, but its discouraged. I took that one day I needed a snack as an example to bulk up my meals.

I guess I'm having a pre-whole30 day today and my day looks like this:

Breakfast:
    -2 eggs (cooked in a cast iron skillet so I didn't need oil)
    -premade salsa verde (for anything packaged, make sure to check the ingredients to ensure its whole30 legal! When in doubt, make it yourself)
    -a whole small avocado (yay for healthy fats!)

Lunch:
    -wild caught alaskan salmon, skin on (baked in the oven with olive oil, a couple capers, a slice of lemon, half a slice of red onion, red pepper flakes and dill)
    -"slaw" which is just shredded cabbage, about half a small shredded carrot (I read this about carrots and it amused me greatly, so I'm not going to go out of my way to avoid them: http://whole9life.com/2010/04/crazytown2/), some apple cider vinegar, a little mayo (if I'd actually started my whole30 I would have made this, but alas I used store-bought which probably has safflower oil or canola or something not legal), and some celery seeds.

Dinner:
    -leftover tri-tip (grilled with a rub of garlic, parsley, salt and pepper)
    -kale in some fashion (haven't decided how to prep it yet)
    -zucchini sauteed in olive oil with some red pepper flakes

This is a good guideline to follow: http://whole9life.com/2011/10/whole-30-v5/
  • Merci444
    Options
    I started today, this morning, just now. I weighed myself and it appears that I have only gained less than a pound. I am having a hard time trusting my scale, maybe it's battery is getting old (?) I feel like I've gained more. It may just be that awful bloated feeling I get from unhealthy foods.

I am starting today pending my grocery store trip. I need a lot of things. I still have junk in the house, in the freezer and fridge, though I completely cleaned off the pantry. I need to just throw the fudge in the garbage can and then throw garbage over it.

This will be my second round.
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Lots of interest in the Whole30 for January so I started a new group if you want to join.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10353-whole30-january-2013

Let me know if you are interested in moderating it with me too. I am no pro on the subject.
  • mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started mine yesterday. Well sort of anyway. I have a T of Splenda in my coffee every morning. I know it's bad, so please don't flame me. Full W30 approved otherwise! I was planning on starting in january but needed the control back sooner. The holidays were terrible for my new lifestyle. I didmy best and possibly converted 4 of 6 in laws I was with at Christmas.
  • bdotshaw
    bdotshaw Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I plan to start tomorrow. I am SKURRED. Seems intense.
  • Deirdrecos
    Deirdrecos Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i'm in! the dairy will be hard tho. i like a splash of the white stuff in my tea. :smile: i'll start in january - but am on practice mode until then!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my Paleo30 tomorrow. I did a Whole30 in august with great results but now that I know what agrees with me and what doesnt, I want to try a less strict version in January and see how I do. I'll be blogging about it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AggieCass09/view/paleo30-december-28-january-26-459743 but would love yall's support!