Replies

• HoneyRiot
    HoneyRiot Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just bought an elliptical so I am in as well!!! :smile:
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this challenge. I have lost 60 pounds so far (gained 12 back :sad: ) And ready to get the rest of this weight off of me! I already use an elliptical but I know that I am not pushing myself as hard as I did in the beginning of this journey and hopefully this challenge will motivate me.

Barb

We will challenge and motivate either other! Winners! :happy:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I would love to join...I did so good for a while then I hurt my foot and had to stop, now I am ready to get started again..

Glad you are feeling better. You are in!!! Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I would love to join...I did so good for a while then I hurt my foot and had to stop, now I am ready to get started again..

this sounds like my story.... I have been down for 5 months with a foot sprain / strain and am ready to hop back on the elliptical... Watch out July... there are gonna be some smokin' hot bodies coming to the party.... :smokin:
    oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah smokin'HOT:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :mad: :mad: :glasses: :smokin:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I'm totally in! I'm going on vacation in January (VEGAS!!!) but I know the hotel has a workout facility! I'm excited!

HAVE A GREAT VACAY! And isn't it great hotels have a fitness center--good for you. :bigsmile:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I just bought an elliptical so I am in as well!!! :smile:

Absolutely!!!! :smile:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    To all friends who are joining the challenge--thanks for joining the Elliptical Challenge Round.2.
    I was motivated to try the Elliptical by an acquaintance who said she lost 100 pounds by getting on the Elliptical every day!

If you are new to MFP---you need to first join THE ELLIPTICAL GROUP...listed under GROUPS.. and then you can find The ELLIPTICAL CHALLENGE under that category--so you can post!

-Here's the link to the Group itself to join

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/83-elliptical-users

Please feel free to share your goals. And let's friend each other! It's a HUGE boost to see on the friend page and feed --that one or more of us was on the Elliptical rockin it out!

This is OUR challenge---so--mention any monthly challenges you might like to see!I :wink:

I plan to include monthly challenges that will be applicable for beginner, intermediate and advanced.

COUNTDOWN
    10 DAYS TILL THE SMOKIN HOT SUMMER BODY CHALLENGE :smokin: :explode:
  • tlaustin71
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm ready to do this. We just bought an elliptical and weight machine. I didn't think it would be so difficult to just use it!

I'll see you on the 4th for my first weigh in. Please friend me. A girl can never have too many friends.
  • christine900
    Options
    I would love to join! cant wait!
  • mzgafford
    mzgafford Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! Can't wait I love this machine that I'm looking to get one of my own!!!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm ready to do this. We just bought an elliptical and weight machine. I didn't think it would be so difficult to just use it!

I'll see you on the 4th for my first weigh in. Please friend me. A girl can never have too many friends.

Fantastic! Welcome aboard--and yup--- sending you a friendship request! :happy:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I would love to join! cant wait!

Wonderful!!! Consider yourself-joined Great way to start the New Year! :bigsmile:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Count me in!!! Can't wait I love this machine that I'm looking to get one of my own!!!

You are counted --IN!!! :happy:

I know---I dropped weight faithfully when using it & I don't have one either!! But if you are in close proximity to a gym
    ---it''s ALL good until you score one of your own.

:laugh:
  • seligcrystal
    seligcrystal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in, its been a while since I've been to the gym, but when I was gong the elliptical was my preference.

Which setting though is best to start with?
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey Hero.. I'm back! I am patiently waiting for the 4th. My new gym opens today and I can't wait to get this challenge started. I am meeting with a dietitian on Saturday so I will be logging that weight and going by her scale. I will probably meet with her every 2 weeks. Hope that everyone's as excited as I am.... :happy:
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,384 Member
    Options
    I'm in, its been a while since I've been to the gym, but when I was gong the elliptical was my preference.

Which setting though is best to start with?

If you have a HRM, find out what would be the fat-burning range for you (as a 54-yr old female, my elliptical manual suggested ~135-138 as upper third of my range). If i were working on intervals, or aerobic endurance the number would be higher. Personally, I use a chest-strap monitor, not the one on my home elliptical machine. A gym-quality machine might have a better, more accurate built-in pulse reader but I wouldn't know.

Anyway, do whatever speed / incline setting keeps your HR there. As your fitness improves, you will find that you have to go faster (or increase tension, or incline or a combination of all 3) to keep your HR at the target zone. The side effect of that is that you end up going farther in the same ammout of time.

Depending on what your current endurance level is, you can also increase the length of time you have to keep your HR in the target zone.

Do what YOU can do, until you are able to do more.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,384 Member
    Options
    Just set myself a new Personal Best (increased distance over the same ammount of time, while keeping HR at the same target level - which is how I pace myself) ....

And the Official Challenge hasn't even started yet!

Will the Official Challenge have it's own thread (or group) once it starts up; or will everything be off this one?
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm back and feeling good!!! Count me in!! Looking forward to this challenge and being back in the swing of things. :smile:
  • Howie3123
    Howie3123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in....I wanted to get back to cardio on the elliptical anyway so this is a great way to do it. I am also currently doing INSANITY in the morning (I just started Mon. 12/31). I think elliptical in the afternoon would be good.

Thanks for the idea!!!
  • sassykids5
    sassykids5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    would love to join,, I own an elliptical so this might keep me moving.