no one warned me...

Options
minkakross
minkakross Posts: 687 Member
so thinking I was going to look extra spiffy on Christmas day I bought myself a cute little sweater dress and some control top hose. The day was miserable once I started eating. I felt like every snacked bite was getting stuck and when we sat down to dinner, even eating a portion of food half the size of normal made me start getting the spit mouth and puke feeling. I eventually stopped fighting it and went to the bathroom to be sick but no food came up, only the saliva that had been running like s faucet, but I still felt like butt. While I'm in the bathroom, I think, well might as well pee while I'm in here and miserable. Down come the control tops, and instantly I'm better, and hungry. So may I be so bold as to offer up a word of warning. If you buy control top panties, hose or anything in that family and find you can't eat try taking them off. Mine had compressed my torso just enough to restrict digestion and while I have no idea why, I thought you might like to know.

Replies

• ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Good to know... I wear spanx tops under my shirts and dont have problems, but I think control top hose would be different as they hit you in the midline.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You advice is well heeded, but I couldn't help but laugh a little at the mental movie that played in my head as I read your tale! Glad you felt better!! :smile: :smile:
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I have put off wearing control top hose all my life, and now have another resson not to be tempted. For the most part....

But seriously, I know the physical reaction you had, and it's a terrible feeling. I'm glad you found a simple solution, and that you passed it on.
  • authormarieskye
    authormarieskye Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    oh wow, glad you're doing better though
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh at myself a little as I was typing the tale so I don't mind if anyone else has a giggle at my expense :)

I may also add that they were the long torso to thigh control tops which is probably why the result was so dramatic, basically I was a human sausage roll, but hey I looked great! I'm probably going to try a pair of regular control tops at some later date but not for a month or two.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn hose in literally ages. But have been kicking around the idea of spanx. I did try some on a few weeks ago and really feel there should be an exercise category for putting those things on - or at least trying. Suffice to say I felt like your sausage roll and it took as much time to get them off as it did to put them on. I could just see a bathroom incident if I had gotten them. maybe when I have toned some up... whew...
  • miss_erynn
    miss_erynn Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I wore control top hose all day on Christmas with no issues!
    I've been wearing them for a couple months now, since the cooler weather started in October.

Everyone is different. :)
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That's very interesting...funny, but an interesting point. I love to get dressed up and I have some control tops, but didn't give it a thought. I love my sweater dresses, too. Usually, I wear thigh-highs & a garter, but sometimes when it's cold, I do wear a heavier tight with the control top.

Thanks for the valuable info :bigsmile:
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    I wore some control top hose about a week ago and had no issues, but I'm a sleever, so that might be the difference. I'm glad you figured out the problem though.