Advice Please, skipped running days

Options
docsharon
docsharon Posts: 55 Member
Hi. Hope I can get some advice from the group. I finished W5 D2 last week, but had an outrageously busy week and didn't find the time to complete the week and haven't been able to run for the last 5 days. What does the collective wisdom think I should do?
Start the week over? Try to do W5 D3?

Replies

• Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I would start the week over.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My schedule allows me to usually get only two runs a week in. I started Labor Day weekend and did W8D2 yesterday. If a day felt bad, I did it again. Otherwise, I just move on to the next day.
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too. I completed W8 D2 last Tuesday and the very next day came down sick. I've been in bed since Friday, and am only just now (Monday) starting to feel a bit better. I'm concerned about just starting up with W8 d3 because I have literally done NO exercise since Friday, unless you count the 300m I dragged myself in a walk yesterday from the car to the chemist. Should I start W8 again or should I go back a couple of weeks or should I start walking again or...?
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too. I completed W8 D2 last Tuesday and the very next day came down sick. I've been in bed since Friday, and am only just now (Monday) starting to feel a bit better. I'm concerned about just starting up with W8 d3 because I have literally done NO exercise since Friday, unless you count the 300m I dragged myself in a walk yesterday from the car to the chemist. Should I start W8 again or should I go back a couple of weeks or should I start walking again or...?

You've been doing straight runs since W6D3. I would just do W8D3 and see where your endurance is at after a week off. If you need to take a walk break, take a walk break. Repeat until you feel good at 28 minutes again.
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

You've been doing straight runs since W6D3. I would just do W8D3 and see where your endurance is at after a week off. If you need to take a walk break, take a walk break. Repeat until you feel good at 28 minutes again.

Thanks. I'll see how I feel tomorrow and start from where I left off with no expectations. Cheers. I run pretty slowly at the best of times lol.
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    I missed 2 runs on vacation back in week 5 or 6 and I left my house intending to repeat the last day, but then decided to just go for it and just did the next run. It went great. I think sometimes taking a few days off gives your body a good rest and then you can come back stronger than ever. I personally would go for W5D3 and I bet you will surprise yourself. Good luck!
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I had to take a few breaks due to illness or injury and I had no problem starting back right where I left off, though the first time I was nervous about it. I'd say go ahead and try to continue.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    What if you haven't ran since October 27th?

<< Like this guy.

Docsharon, I think you will be ok, just take it a little slower than usual. As others have said, sometimes a little time off will do wonders. Good luck!
  • docsharon
    docsharon Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the advice. I ended up repeating the week and today I finished W5D3! Phew! I was exhausted, but I did it. Looking forward to starting week 6 and going back to intervals.:love: