Breakfast Question

alyja09
alyja09 Posts: 34 Member
Paleo Peeps-- I have a quick question. I'm doing a Whole 30 starting Jan 1. The one thing I'm not wanting to give up is my breakfast. I eat a yogurt with a banana every single day. Please tell me your favorite breakfasts so I can live without it! When I was strict paleo I did eggs a lot, but I eat at work because I'm not hungry until 9:30 or 10:00 so it tends to be rubbery re-heated.

Replies

• Deirdrecos
    Deirdrecos Posts: 15 Member
    i typically eat at work also, 2 hard cooked eggs. its boring and bland usually but easy to carry and eat. no reheating necessary. i have a cafeteria at work that sells them but i've been known to make them at home. for "perfect" hard cooked eggs, try the martha stewart "recipe" my eggs this morning were perfect, i think the ice bath is key. :)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    I buy 2 pounds of ground chicken or turkey from the local butcher (amish free ranged) and season it with my own sausage spices. I make 8 patties out of it, pre-cook them and take 2 to work with me daily. A minute and half later I have quick, healthy, paloe breakfast. (I also have a bowl of whatever berry I have on hand). On Friday's I eat a veggie filled omelette. Saturday and Sunday, yummy uncured bacon with eggs.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    egg salad made with mustard and a little curry powder served over veggies is delish.

why limit yourself with breakfast for breakfast?
  • JohnNull
    JohnNull Posts: 133 Member
    Eggs. Bacon. Steak. Bonus points if all at once.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member

Ditto. Also sometimes make sausage patties. Sometimes have dinner leftovers for breakfast: yes, osso buco isn't just for dinner :-)
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Look up Paleo recipes; you will be amazed at how many yummy things you can make. Since eating Paleo, my typical breakfast consists of the following:

Hard boiled eggs
    Bacon
    Turkey pepperonis (nitrate/gluten free of course)
    Omelets
    Egg Cupcakes (with fresh veggies in them, and they store nicely)
    Pumpkin Paleo pancakes (these are beyond yummy!!)

I usually cook my breakfast the night before, but if you don't like to reheat eggs (I am the same) simply leave them out of the fridge when you get to work ( I like to eat at the same time as you, between 9:30-10:00) and they may only need to be reheated for about 10-15 seconds, therefore; not leaving the egg rubbery. (Plus if you cook some bacon to go with it, it will taste delish either way!!)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member

This.

Maybe with NomNomPaleo's sweet potato hash browns. They're freakin' awesome,