Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bruise healing time?

bathsheba_c
bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
How long do you guys find it takes for your martial arts bruises to heal? Before I started krav maga, if I had a bruise, it would be more or less gone in a few days. Now my bruises take over a week, and I don't know if it's because I'm getting more serious bruises or what.

Replies

• Mine take about a week to heal.
  • raygunn_viola
    raygunn_viola Posts: 88 Member
    about a week, but I've had some large bruises or deep bruises that would take almost 2 weeks to heal...however I bruise very easily
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    about a week I'd say.. mostly on my feet.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    You guys heal up quick..I bruise easily and they seem to linger around for so long..I'm still sporting a wee bit of bruising from my fights on the 15th.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Depends on where the bruise is and how long you have been striking with that area. When I first started doing shin conditioning a few years ago I could barely hit this conditioning bag that we have (it's a leather teardrop bag filled with sand and concrete). And after hitting it I would have a lot of big bruises on my shins that would take about a week to heal. Now I kick the same bag harder, longer, and rarely ever any bruises. I went through the same process with my elbows/forearms.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Glad to know I don't have a blood disorder or something. :) My mom wasn't too happy when I was bragging about my bruises. "This is an offensive wound. Now *this* is a defensive wound."
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    lol the main healing rules...Follow the colors :laugh:

Red, Blue/Purple, Green, Yellow and Black