Free yoga resources?

Options
Recently I had to stop attending classes. I'm so sad. I was going 3-4 times a week and I miss it SO much. Does anyone have any great resources for free yoga classes online or links for videos or things like that? I definitely need something to tide me over until I can start going back to class again. Thanks!

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Google you tube yoga videos! It is overwhelming!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Yoga Journal has free podcasts.
  • AmyBoogie
    AmyBoogie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If you're into Ashtanga I just found MP3's for a voice led class
    http://www.ashtangayoga.info/practice/led-class-mp3/
  • 4strings4him
    Options
    doyogawithme.com has some videos too. I agree with a post above about youtube. One of my favorites to search there is Sadie Nardini!
  • zenmummy
    zenmummy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love yogaglo.com. It's not free, but well worth the subscription. You can do a free 15 day trial. Good luck!
  • daneegurl75
    Options
    I've found some great yoga dvd's at youtube! I especially like the one's that offer in depth help with modifications for specific postures. There are tons of full classes at youtube too!
  • yoga_mel
    yoga_mel Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Would love at home resources as well....love going to class but am trying to do more at home....have found a few great videos on youtube...will definitely check out the mp3s!
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    All In One Yoga in the Itunes app store for your iPad and Iphone is wonderful
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/all-in-yoga-300-poses-yoga/id359426393?mt=8
    It is .99 cent
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Namaste yoga with dr melissa west is awesome...just google it.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If you're into Ashtanga I just found MP3's for a voice led class
    http://www.ashtangayoga.info/practice/led-class-mp3/

I researched and OMG, Love the cheat sheets as I am slow beginner yoga. Thank you so much. I am currently doing Jillian yoga meltdown (pretty inexpensive, you can download through utube as well) and tara stiles. I am going to start classes at Lulumon as they bring an instructor every month, free weekly yoga classes in your area, another great idea.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Download Tara Stile's podcast! She's great for the fitness side of yoga :)

When I told a friend (who used to be a yoga instructor) that I missed the feeling yoga gave me when I practiced in Canada (where I am from) because the yoga practiced in the country I live in is really ONLY for fitness, she told me "the mind and the body never forgets" and told me to try harder at home. Great advice.
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Very wise. My friend who was my instructor moved away and so our local class ended 4 years ago. I recently found namaste yoga on youtube with Dr. Melissa West. Only 6 days into her instruction and have found it to be a wonderful replacement...not for my friend ,but for the class. And it's true...I feel like my body is saying thank you...and I am saying thank you right back to my body for remembering too.