Looking for an accountability buddy, comp in April

Options
Annaruthus
Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for an "accountability buddy" for a competition I'm doing April 6th. I'm talking pretty serious involvement. I'm hoping to find someone to comb through my diary, and someone to talk to about my workouts (lol, and to help me on the days where I want to skip one) I would be willing to do the same for a fellow competitor, so we could help eachother out.

I would prefer someone who is familiar with competition nutrition and training, not just regular nutrition and training.

Thanks!

Replies

• bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I'm a newbie, so won't be able to help with questions, etc, but I'll be a great cheerleader if you need one:-) Or if you need someone to kick your butt, I can do that too! I'd love to stalk your diary, see your workouts and learn from you as well.
  • Annaruthus
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I'm a newbie, so won't be able to help with questions, etc, but I'll be a great cheerleader if you need one:-) Or if you need someone to kick your butt, I can do that too! I'd love to stalk your diary, see your workouts and learn from you as well.

Thank you! During my last prep, some days were just so difficult. Probably because it was my first time. I feel like since I know more, it will be easier for me to embrace the experience!
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sent you the request! Hoping we can help each other! =)
  • Annaruthus
    Options
    Sent you the request! Hoping we can help each other! =)
    thank you!
  • vaneguz87
    vaneguz87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hi, I'm sending you a FR now. I start my diet plan this week . I'm planning to compete at the end of the year but I will definitely help you out as best as I can :)
  • briana0522
    briana0522 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am new to my fitness pal and joined as a way to keep track of my meal intakes as I prepare for my first bikini competition this year. I plan on competiting June 8th. I had originally thought I might compete on April 6th but I know I won't be ready in time because I need a full 16 weeks to prepare. That is awesome that you (Annaruthus) are ready this time to try a figure competition. My fiance bought me posing classes for Christmas so that should help but I am thinking about getting some advice from a trainer/coach too. Did you feel lost the first time you competed or did you know enough about the competition to get by with hair/makeup/tanning/posing/etc...?
  • Annaruthus
    Options
    I am new to my fitness pal and joined as a way to keep track of my meal intakes as I prepare for my first bikini competition this year. I plan on competiting June 8th. I had originally thought I might compete on April 6th but I know I won't be ready in time because I need a full 16 weeks to prepare. That is awesome that you (Annaruthus) are ready this time to try a figure competition. My fiance bought me posing classes for Christmas so that should help but I am thinking about getting some advice from a trainer/coach too. Did you feel lost the first time you competed or did you know enough about the competition to get by with hair/makeup/tanning/posing/etc...?

I did a ton of research online, and messaged a ton of people on bodybuilding.com. I was a little unsure about stuff, but the process is pretty simple. When I competed last year, I competed in bikini. I did take 16 weeks to prepare. This time I'm only taking 12. In GA my body looked like a figure girl, but I was in bikini, so I'm doing the same thing that I did last time, just competing in a different division. I'm going to a competition workshop at the end of the month, so they will help me with posing, at least initially. I'll have to do everything else on my own.