W5D3 ..... DONE!

Options

Replies

• skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I'm not sure. Maybe one of the treadmill runners can answer that?
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing any running/jogging as I had a bad cut on my heel for last few weeks and was up to W5D3 and this afternoon decided to have a go on the treadmill - had thought about going back a couple of weeks but thought I would give it a go. I wasn't able to jog the whole 20 minutes I needed a couple breaks and certainly couldn't do the pace - so will be keeping at this level until I can run the whole 20 minutes - great to see how others are getting it done so I know it can be done!
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I had to translate to kms - I am running at best at 7-7.5 km but only for short times - which is a bit slower than what you are currently running at - I also have the incline set at 1.5-3 depending as I have a lot of hills where I live. I am using the treadmill as it is too hot to run outside during the day here (Australia) and I am working nights at present. I was trying to work out what kms I needed to get 2 miles in 20 minutes - which is 6 mph and I would have to run at 9.6km/hr which I have no chance of doing

I am 54 weigh about 220 lbs but at 5'6 have longer legs so I should be able to run faster - height, weight, age, all come into it - but as you practice you get faster - I actually find when running outside my pace may vary but my pace overall is about the same as on the treadmill but outside we never run exactly the same - the treadmill forces us to maintain one pace which is not how most of us really run so it is a bit artificial.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is great! I did my W5D2 today yay!. 8 mins at a Stretch was intimidating at first. But, with the good music, I was able to cruise thru it (at 5.5mph). I just wanted to prove to myself that I can totally do this... Can't wait to do W5D3 and catch-up with you folks.
    Cheers to C25K and MFP!
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    Aussie, hope that foot heals up for you! I have decided that I'm really not going to stress about pace (even though today, yes, I still looked and it was DREADFUL - 17m30s) and that I will figure all that out when I am regularly running distance and try to work on my timing from there.

Shimmer, great job on the 8 min a pop!

Today was W6D3 for me and it um, didn't quite go as expected. I did manage to get my 25 minutes in but it wasn't at one time. I had to make an emergency run back to the house for a bathroom visit. :( Once I got back on the road, I had roughly 16m45s to finish and I thought that I really wanted to try to squeeze a mile in just to see what that pace was. My C25K timer when off but I still had less than .10 of a mile left so I opted to run it out and make a solid mile.

So I guess in essence D3 is technically finished. It just didn't quite go as I had hoped it would. Onto Week 7 I suppose! Good luck to everyone doing runs this weekend!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    We all have dreadful days. But then they just make hte next run that much better.

Tommorow is supposed to be low 30's and 80% chance of snow. Sunday is no snow, but only 27 degrees. Whichever day I go out, I will be running W9D3 this weekend. Phew. Never thought I'd be here. I will start Bridge to 10k for the New year. I've done 2 5k's so far. Long term goal is a 10 mile race at Disney World in September.

Great job everyone! Good luck to all our future successes.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    Loril13 - that's my ultimate goal too! A Disney Race! Congrats on (almost) finishing the program!
  • docsharon
    docsharon Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great effort everyone! I am so proud of our efforts to get off the couch and become runners, fast or slow. Best wishes for a healthy, happy, prosperous, and thin new year!
  • meredithfp
    meredithfp Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So great to read about everyone's success with week 5. I've been doing each week for 2 weeks and I'm currently on my second week of week 4. I was considering doing it again, given that week 5 looks pretty intense and the holidays interfered with my consistency. Maybe I'll just go for it, though.

I'm new to the group, though I've been tracking calories on MFP for awhile. Can't wait to make my way through the posts on here and connect with others doing the C25K.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    2 weeks at a time is a great idea, Meredithfp! I've always said that if I have trouble with a certain week, I don't have a problem redo-ing it! This isn't a time limit thingy for me. Just happened along the way that I've discovered that I actually like to run! Who wouldda thunk it?! :)

Yes, Happy New Year, running buddies!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    It's great that everyone is sticking with the program over the holidays!

Meredith, I feel the same way. I have no time-agenda for finishing this program. My goal is to be able to run 5K and if it takes me longer, so be it.

I finished Week 6 yesterday. Looks like it stays rather heavy-duty from now one with only longer runs. Oy!
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! How is everyone doing with the program?

I finished W7D2 this morning and instead of doing the cool down walk I finished running until time ran out. Talk about a non-scale victory! 30 minutes solid.... we got this!!!

Have a happy Wednesday everyone!!!
  • loril13
    Options
    I finished Week 6 yesterday. Looks like it stays rather heavy-duty from now one with only longer runs. Oy!

I found the straight out runs easier than the intervals. Get my music going and get my body going and just run. Nothing to think about except I can actually do this! What an awesome feeling.

Happy 2013 everyone. Here's to a year full of our successes.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! How is everyone doing with the program?

I finished W7D2 this morning and instead of doing the cool down walk I finished running until time ran out. Talk about a non-scale victory! 30 minutes solid.... we got this!!!

Have a happy Wednesday everyone!!!

Good job! I did my W7D1 run on New Year's Day morning while it was raining lightly. Ran 5k at a slower pace than usual .Got some pain bugging me between my ankle and calf. Right on the side of the shin bone. I think I may rest a few days before running again.
  • loril13
    Options
    Got some pain bugging me between my ankle and calf. Right on the side of the shin bone. I think I may rest a few days before running again.

^^This^^
    I get this all the time on my left leg. It is down the inner side of my leg. It sounds almost the exact spot you are describing. Doing a lot of self diagnosisi, I think this is the soleus muscle.
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Doing a lot of self diagnosisi, I think this is the soleus muscle.

I think you are right. Mine is on the inside right leg. The left side feels fine. My entire right leg is cursed! Sprained a ligament in my knee earlier this year (with a huge POP), dealt with a lot of arch pain prior to starting running (but not now), and frequently deal with sciatic nerve pain down the leg.

Last week I started adding in some hills to my runs. That is probably what brought on the pain, along with increasing distance. Yesterday's run was a little painful and I should have stopped, but I thought if I slowed down and stayed on the flat areas I would be OK. But it hurt the rest of the day. Today feels better and I will keep resting at least until the weekend.
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK! So happy you pushed through it and then did 30 minutes straight? So AWESOME! : )
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow all~ Brand new to this group, first saw this thread and then joined just so I can reply. My W5D3 is tomorrow, and I was totally freakin' out, but all of your posts are so inspiring. I can't pretend I'm looking forward to it, I'm scared... but I'm comforted by all your accomplishments. Rock on!!!
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Wow all~ Brand new to this group, first saw this thread and then joined just so I can reply. My W5D3 is tomorrow, and I was totally freakin' out, but all of your posts are so inspiring. I can't pretend I'm looking forward to it, I'm scared... but I'm comforted by all your accomplishments. Rock on!!!

You can do it! You'll be surprised how quick it goes and after it's done you'll feel a huge sense of accomplishment. As you move on to week 6 and beyond it feels easier (at least it did for me).
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options

You can do it! You'll be surprised how quick it goes and after it's done you'll feel a huge sense of accomplishment. As you move on to week 6 and beyond it feels easier (at least it did for me).

I did it I did it I did it!!!! Okay, so the first two minutes or so I thought "I've SO got this." The last 18 minutes or so I couldn't even think, I sucked wind, and I was in a mental war of epic proportions. BUT... I did it! WHEW.... onward :)