Team Twilight- Week 1 Challenge Back on Track in 2013

Options
surfrgrl1
surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
Twilight Team---Back on Track in 2013
Lets Celebrate the New Year With a 'Get off our Butts Challenge'!

As Santa knows, some of us have been bad, some of us have been good, but all of us need some encouragement!

This week, our focus is to kick off the new year by bringing back some of the basic elements that have been known to bring us success in our past!

Strength training.....this is where the 'getting off our butts' part of the challenge comes in to play:
:love: 50 squats this week.
Do them all in one day or split them up, if you incorporate hand weights with these moves you will boost your calorie burn and use multiple muscles groups at one time. You know how we like to multitask, and this is an excellent way to be successful! Warning, there maybe be soreness the next day or days following your squats, but it's the good kind right...right? :grumble:

Cardio
:bigsmile: 100 minutes cardio.
That equates to 20 minutes 5 x a week. Come on, we can do this!

Water
:drinker: 64 ounces of pure H20 or combination of 48 ounces H20 and 16 ounces decaf
Baby, its cold outside and the thought of drinking cold water can be really tough. Consider adding a cup or two of hot green decaf tea to supplement your H20 intake.

Strive for five
:smooched: strive to get in 5 servings of fruit/veggies per day. By doing so, you get those crucial vitamins as well as fiber into your diet. Colorful foods are good. Remember what Mr. Molina says....'green is what?....good!'

With each challenge, we have to bring in some fun.......A couple of ideas for you.....
:tongue:
#1. List something from either the books or movies where some type of exercise is taking place;
#2. Share something funny that happened to you or that you noticed during your work out this week.

Good luck this week ladies. Time to refresh, reenergize, renew!!!

XXXXOOOO
Surf

Replies

• ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT challenge to get us back on track, my friend!!! Thank you!!!!!!:love:

The fruits/veggies are going to be my biggest challenge I think. Eating cheap means less of these and I have to find a way to incorporate frozen/canned at least again.

Looking forward to a fabulous fitness year in 2013 with all you awesome Twihards!:flowerforyou:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need all the help & challenge I can get. Post-op I've let my self slack off & become a major couch potato
  • Nursiemj2
    Nursiemj2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Veggies are in Ragu. Don't forget u can count that. Right?
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Veggies are in Ragu. Don't forget u can count that. Right?

You can count your tomatoes and veggies in the sauce, Yep!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Does the coconut in the Rum count as a fruit serving?!
    lol-just kidding

Awesome challenge :-) looking forward to it!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,054 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Squats :angry: ok -- if I have to. :laugh: I want to work on my arms too. Too bad. I didn't get to the farmers' market on Saturday, so my supply of fruits and veggies is low.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Great challenge as always!! I don't mind the squats but I will start them later in the week. I don't need a sore bum for tomorrow's race.
    As for exercise from the books. Two words. Isle Esme!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    I apologize for not stating the dates of our challenge.....:noway:

Monday (today) through Sunday.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Does the coconut in the Rum count as a fruit serving?!
    lol-just kidding

Awesome challenge :-) looking forward to it!

Good try Kris!!! Not happening! :laugh:
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    I'm in! Squats :angry: ok -- if I have to. :laugh: I want to work on my arms too. Too bad. I didn't get to the farmers' market on Saturday, so my supply of fruits and veggies is low.

You can work your arms at the same time by doing "squat and press" with hand weights. I hate them, but they are effective!! It's the first exercise with weights on level 1 of 30 day shred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Great challenge as always!! I don't mind the squats but I will start them later in the week. I don't need a sore bum for tomorrow's race.
    As for exercise from the books. Two words. Isle Esme!

Isle Esme!! If that kind of "activity" is considered "exercise", send Edward my way. I promise to exercise every day!:tongue:
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    doing good on fruit & veggies today, had a clementine on morning break, then a small salad, pineapple, strawberries & cantalope with lunch
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Day 1 check in:

Strength - 0/50 squats - my legs are sore and I just wasn't in the mood. lol
    Cardio - 90/100 cardio - walk/jog with hills
    Water - 48/64 oz - I'm struggling with this - will get better when I return to work
    Strive for 5 - 2/5 - tomatoes/kidney beans in chili - though I guess the beans are really a legume
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,054 Member
    Options
    Day 1 check in :

Strength - 30/50

Cardio - 43/100

Water - 72/64 I find it easier to get in all my water if I have a big glass of water first thing in the morning.

Strive for Five. - 9/5 raisins, dates, dried apricots, green peppers, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, and cauliflower.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Day 1 check in

Water. 48 water/16 decaf
    Cardio. 60 minute walk
    Strive for 5. Strawberries, carrots, cauliflower, onions, broccoli, potatoes
    Squats: 0

Twilight activity: Highschool-Gym Class-Volleyball........brings back memories of my awkwardness as a teen! Thankfully I am beyond that! :laugh:
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Day 1 check in

Water. 7 glasses
    Cardio. 0/100
    Strive for 5. clementine, salad, cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple, peas, mashed potatoes

Twilight activity: Isle Esme
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Day 2 check in:

Strength - 30/50 squats

Cardio - 156/100 cardio - Zumba

Water - 72/64 oz - Much better on the water today...salty food helped. Yikes!

Strive for 5 - 5/5 - onion, bell pepper, cabbage, broccoli, snow peas. Thank you stir fry!

Twilight Activity: Cliff Diving!! The swimming once you hit the water must be brutal.:grumble:
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Day 2

Water. 9 glasses
    Cardio. 20/100
    Strive for 5. black eyed peas, pineapple, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, cantaloupe

Twilight activity: training to fight the newborns
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Day 2 check in (I feel so behind!)

Water/decaf. Only 48oz today
    Strive for 5-- 6 items
    Cardio. 40 minutes on recumbent bike (100 for the week)
    Squats. 20 with 20 pound weights (20/50 for the week)

Twilight exercise moment
    New Moon,
    Charlie and Harry are hunting the wolves, and the wolves are hunting Victoria. The music is Hearing Damage. Lots of running and hiking taking place, not to mention Bella's jumping.er uh I mean cliff diving.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Day 2 check in (I feel so behind!)

Water/decaf. Only 48oz today
    Strive for 5-- 6 items
    Cardio. 40 minutes on recumbent bike (100 for the week)
    Squats. 20 with 20 pound weights (20/50 for the week)

Day 3
    Water 48/decaf 16
    Strive for 5 --6 items
    No cardio or squats today, first day back to work after a nice long 2 week break ...and I am pooped!

Twilight exercise moment
    New Moon,
    Charlie and Harry are hunting the wolves, and the wolves are hunting Victoria. The music is Hearing Damage. Lots of running and hiking taking place, not to mention Bella's jumping.er uh I mean cliff diving.