little goals

Options
leesey03
leesey03 Posts: 15 Member
This week let's committee to one small change! I committee to stop eating by 8pm.

Replies

• sward200714
    Options
    I will do my best.
    :smile:
  • abreuluv
    abreuluv Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think this a great challenge! I've been telling myself to do this, but now I'll really try to commit to not eating after 8 pm.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I was thinking this would be a great mini-goal for myself, too.
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    sounds like a good goal for the week!
  • leesey03
    Options
    It is so hard to change. Today, I had to return some items and so the girls and I picked up McDonalds. I had a small fry and cheese burger. A total of 587. So it was kinda of an expensive lunch. I do not want to be on a super restricted diet. I just want to watch my calorie intake. I do not want to eat more than 1200 calories. My problem is that I eat too much. Even if I get weight watcher food, I eat 3 servings. I know that long term, the best thing I can do it push away the plate. Reduce calories and increase movement is the only way I will see long term weight loss and maintenance. My goal this week is not changing my food choices but not eating after 8pm. I am trying to keep that in mind. Too many changes will equal no change.
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good one plus for me drinking more water.
  • marie2779
    marie2779 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good goal to me... I'm going to up my time to 7pm... We eat an early dinner and I go to bed really early (like 9!) so I usually start snacking around 7pm. I also need to increase my water intake.. I am a diet soda junkie (as I sit here drinking a diet mt dew- uggghh)

Good luck everyone! We can do this!!
  • hansea47
    Options
    Too many changes equals no change, is right! Just remember that the weight loss isn't going to happen overnight. Your little goals is a great idea! I started drinking more water several years ago as a little goal and now it's a real habit. I can tell when I'm not getting my H2O! After a while, eating after 8 pm won't feel *right* either. And then we can tackle portion control, etc. etc. Baby steps....:smile:
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    Unless you are eating a lot at night lots I have read says that that isn't true about eating late. I do still allow myself to eat later if I am hungry and have calories left for the day.

My mini goal for the week is to get back on track! I want to be under my calories for the week and I want to work out at least 4 times this week.
  • sward200714
    Options
    Today I got up and exercise for 30 mins got ready for work. I have eaten my meal before 8pm and I will finish the day with a tall glass of water. Tomorrow my goal is to either walk outside, go to the gym, or exercise at home. I have to do something.
  • no1belongs
    Options
    my goal is to get some moving in after work no matter what if its cleaning or dancing with my daughter. too cold for outside high if 20 today here i believe but inside i can do stuff.
  • leesey03
    Options
    We are half way through the week! How is everyone doing on their mini-goals? I am doing great. I am working on what next week's goal will be.
  • hansea47
    Options
    I'm doing okay. I had a setback last night. I had a rough time getting the kids to bed (crabby little guy), and ate peanut butter cups after 8 pm. As I was doing it, I thought, 'You're not hungry. You're just doing this to release some stress.' But...I ate them anyway. Argh! I did stop before eating myself silly, anyway. I know if I start with *just one little snack* at night, I won't stop most of the time. Recommitted tonight, though!
  • sward200714
    Options
    trying to remain focus!!
  • leeann1980
    leeann1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    that's a great and realistic goal!!