Do you have a goal in mind for 2013?

Options
FuzzieJelly
FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
Do you have a goal in mind for 2013? How does 1 pound a week sound to you? My challenge group is "2013 challenge to lose 52 lbs". I hope everyone will be motivated this year to invite all your family and friends. There is also a FB Group, if you are interested. I made my goal for 2012. Have you? Let's do it again in 2013!

Replies

• SouthGippyGirl
    SouthGippyGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My priorities for 2013 are to juice and healthily eat my way to a healthy weight.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2013 is to get to 155. That is what my doc said I should go for. Then, I'll reevaluate and see if I should go lower. I'd like to make it to 140, but I need to see what 155 is like first. 2012's goal was to lose 50lbs and I did it, so I know I can get the next 34 in 2013.
    My other goal is to keep going past the bumps that come in the road. Injuries and illnesses have always been my setbacks before. Right now I have an injury that is preventing me from working out. I really don't want it to stop me. I know restarting is my weakest area, so I making it through this without stopping would be a huge achievement for me this year.
    I am excited to hear everyone else's goals.
    Serena
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have several goals in mind for 2013 ... goals NOT resolutions. I don't do well with resolutions.

My main goals are to eat healthier and move more.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I have several goals for 2013 starting with making healthy choices both with food and exercise. I have an ankle injury that's keeping me from exercising for hopefully only a week. I will incorporate upper body strength work in the meantime.

My first mini goal is to hit ONEderland by April 1st. I haven't been 199 since I was 30...that's over 23 years ago. I would also like to reduce or eliminate some meds. Also, I want to stick with this challenge for the entire year and lose 52 lbs. I will be supportive and hope to receive same. Please feel free to add me.

Let's do this!
  • cvarela21
    cvarela21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is to keep the scale from going back up. . Its been 2 and a half months and total weight loss is 51 lbs, I have 60 more to go for 2013. . Doing it healthy, smart, and safe! ! Asking for guidance when I am feeling weak and loving the end results so far. I pray everyone struggling as I have been, to keep focus and never give up on yourself, you are worth it! !
  • rinoblast05
    rinoblast05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don;t have a weight-specific goal in mind, because I don't find those very helpful. I want to keep track of my food intake on here as a way of eating healthier while also getting to the gym at least twice a week (in addition to the walking I do with my dog). I think if I do those two things the pounds should come off!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My biggest goal for 2013 is to stick with MFP...meaning LOG my food DAILY and stick to my workouts for the entire year...Like others have said, I don't do well with resolutions...I have about 120-140 pounds to drop, but I have set my goal weight in increments of 10...so...starting weight: 263 or around that...my 'goal' is 250. Once I reach that, it will be 240 and so on and so forth....it's too much for me to look at that HUGE number to lose...

God Bless!
  • uniquesarah
    uniquesarah Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a few goals for 2013 but my main one is to excerise five times a week and to walk more and to keep a fitness journal saying when i excerised and how i felt etc im also starting a photo album and going to take pictures of my weightloss journey :smile:
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the 52lb in 52 weeks. It makes it feel so much more managable than thinking ARGH I HAVE 52lb TO LOSE!!!

Yeah.
  • meredithfp
    meredithfp Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm totally up for this! My goals for 2013 are to complete the Couch to 5K running program (already at week 5) and continue to log my food. I figure if I can keep it up for a month the habit will be set and I'll have an easier time keeping it up the whole year.
  • dawnreid2012
    dawnreid2012 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2013 are to exercise more and eat healthier, get healthy, lose the weight I need to lose, and hopefully hear "your healthy again" from my dr instead of the long lists of illnesses I always get. I also want to be a better mom, wife, daughter, and woman in general.
  • reerazzle
    reerazzle Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2013 is t get my H1AIC near or under 6.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2013 is t get my H1AIC near or under 6.

Brilliant!
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the new year weighing 237.6 and my goal is to lose 1 pound a week :) How awesome would it be to end the year at 185! I'd be about half way to my "ideal weight"

I searched but I didn't see a facebook group with the same name. I'd be interested in joining that...it would be much easier to get updates there.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I searched but I didn't see a facebook group with the same name. I'd be interested in joining that...it would be much easier to get updates there.

I didn't see anything either, but would join if I could find it!
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    52 pounds will put me right in my goal weight range, so this is perfect for me!
  • fungirl2012
    Options
    My goal is to reach 199lbs, so 58lbs lost. Move my body more and talk kindly not shout at my kids so much.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am currently 20 LBS away from goal so, that is my goal. To lose those 20 LBS by my birthday in April and then maintain. I am going on a 2 week cruise next November and want to have at least 6 months of maintenance under my belt by the time I step onto that ship!
  • kristizzzle
    Options
    I've learned that while BIG goals are great, they can sometimes be discouraging because it seems so far out of reach. So instead, I like to focus on milestones, while not losing site of the BIG goal.

So some milestones ...

Beginning January 1st - stop drinking alcohol. (not only is it a family problem right now with several of my closest family members, but it's also a good way to drop calories quick and cleanse my body of its' damaging effects) I'd like to keep it up for at least 1 month.

Lose 15 pounds by February 1st - the first 15 should fall off easily if I stick to the plan.

Workout at least 4 days a week the entire month of January.

I'll start here and see how it goes ...
  • Kate964
    Kate964 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    my goal is to continue logging in daily, and get back to recording my food honestly with out forgetting, and to plan my meals and not just wing it. i bought measuring cups, spoons, and a scale so i have the tools todo this. i want to get off or at least cut back on my high blood pressure meds. and i want to stop having to pay more for PLUS size cloths and be able to shop in the "NORMAL" size, side of the store! !