WEEK ONE WEEKLY CHALLANGE

Options
I hope no one will be offended if I post the first weekly challenge, thought we could go easy to start off so to get the ball rolling I propose that this weeks challenge be *drum roll*
to perform at least 30 minutes of exercise 6 out 7 days and post what exercise we did on this thread....sorta give others exercise ideas
what you all think??? If someone wants to do a different challenge then we can do it as well....its all good :bigsmile:

Replies

• DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I hope no one will be offended if I post the first weekly challenge, thought we could go easy to start off so to get the ball rolling I propose that this weeks challenge be *drum roll*
    to perform at least 30 minutes of exercise 6 out 7 days and post what exercise we did on this thread....sorta give others exercise ideas
    what you all think??? If someone wants to do a different challenge then we can do it as well....its all good :bigsmile:
    please forgive the fact that I misspelled "challenge" in the topic heading of this thread....silly me :sad: :embarassed:
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Focusing on exercise is a great way to start the year. My main exercise will be walking. I am still in pt for my neck, so I am limited to very low impact exercise. I just figure any exercise is better than sitting around feeling like I can't do anything.
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    Focusing on exercise is a great way to start the year. My main exercise will be walking. I am still in pt for my neck, so I am limited to very low impact exercise. I just figure any exercise is better than sitting around feeling like I can't do anything.
    good attitude! I too am a walker....hubby got me the Nordic track x9i incline trainer for Christmas and I am so excited to get started on it :love:
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I accept the challange. I started the other day doing a 15 minute beginner walking tape.... so I will do the tape once in the morning before work and once at night. Starting today. I am going to try to change my exercise weekly depending on how my strength and endurance builds.
  • LizASterling
    Options
    Mondays-bike 15 min & circuit training 30 min
    Tuesday-walking & a variety of cardio exercises
    Wednesday-treadmill 15 min & circuit training 30 min
    Thursday- walking, weight & strength training
    Friday-FUN Zumba
    Saturday-walking
    Sunday-walking
  • aconner114
    Options
    I like your first week challenge. Yesterday I bought a wind suit - pant and jacket and got a small flash light, shoes and socks and a scarf set out to make going for a walk easier. I will be doing that this week too. And a hat and gloves. It's all in a tote to go in my trunk so I will have easy access and all my "walking" supplies.
    Walking is a great goal but I have to have everything broken down even further. Did I miss anything?---Oh and I got my music!!:smile:
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Great idea:

Mon - Push-ups, Pike Push-ups and Chair Dips (day), Anusara Yoga 75 mins (eve)
    Tue - Inverted Rows, Chin-ups and Kettlebell Rows, Vinyasana Yoga 75mins
    Wed - Prisoner Squats, Bulgarian Squats and Bulgarian Single Leg Deadlifts, Anusara Yoga 75mins
    Thu - Swimming Pool (lunchtime), Push-ups, Pike Push-ups and chair Dips (day), Anusara Yoga 75 mins (eve)
    Fri - Inverted Rows, Chin-ups and Kettlebell Rows, Vinyasana Yoga 75mins
    Sat - Early morning swim followed by Anusara Yoga Class, Kettlebell routine 45 mins and Leg work as Wednesday (eve)
    Sun - Rest. Anusara Yoga 75 mins (eve)
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I plan to do 30-45 mins 5x a week :) various stuff.... So off I go!
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    Well just finished 30 minutes on treadmill....know it's not much but it was more than I did yesterday :bigsmile:
  • pcandle88
    pcandle88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to do 30 minutes on the treadmill 5 days a week
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have 60 minutes in on my glider and 35 minutes lifting weights today, so count me in!!
  • Paige200
    Paige200 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Spinning at least twice a week for 60 minutes
    Snowboarding one a week
    Weights full body circuit 3 times a week
    Mix of elliptical and treadmill on other days
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I accept your challenge! I did 30 minutes on treadmill plus about 10 min of weights........
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I got the two 15 minute walking videos done and took down all my Christmas decorations (lots of going up and down stairs) Double the exercise I did yesterday. I think breaking it up into two segments makes this do-able for me.
  • LeRevCooper
    Options
    I'm gonna start off walking every night this week, just to get back into the swing of things. Then next week, I will try starting C25K. :D
  • dellmech
    dellmech Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm in! I just did 30 minutes on the treadmill at 4.5 mph with an estimated 350 calorie burn and 2.25 miles! That was difficult! I'm going to have to do a combo walk/run tomorrow.
  • cherll
    cherll Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I did a 30 min walk this morning and I hope to do another
    or ride my ex. bike for 30 mins. later on this evening.
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. I am up for doing 30 minutes of something every day. Its a great way of getting back into doing regular exercise.
  • HippieMamaOf2
    HippieMamaOf2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Today I did some heavy cleaning that had to count as cardio, lol! I also did thirty minutes of yoga and walked for 30 minutes.

Andrea
  • keeky03
    keeky03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have gotten a 45 minute walk on the treadmill accomplished today!