Hello, My Name is...

Options
Janelle173
Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
Just thought I would start an introductory thread for all of us!! Hope to have lot's of people join in!!!

My name is Janelle. I am a big fan of Jillian and what she does to get people into shape! It is just what I need! A little Jillian abuse, and a side of broccoli! <3

Replies

• PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm Sam - total design freak, out going, still fat and amped to finish this programme once and for all!

I'll be doing my first workout tonight and hope that everyone enjoys theirs more than me! I predict a lot of huffing and puffing and general talking myself out of 'talking myself out of the workout:')

Good Luck everyone!!!
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm Sam - total design freak, out going, still fat and amped to finish this programme once and for all!

I'll be doing my first workout tonight and hope that everyone enjoys theirs more than me! I predict a lot of huffing and puffing and general talking myself out of 'talking myself out of the workout:')

Good Luck everyone!!!

Hahahaa! "I predict a lot of huffing and puffing and general talking myself out of 'talking myself out of the workout:')" Story of my life!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    hello. my name is joni.
    i did the shred about a year ago. i didn't do it daily, and probably wont this time either! i'm also a runner in training so have to do that too. last time took me about 50 days to do the 30ds- hopefully this time won't take as long. i'll try. it's good to have a group to be accountable to. i also want to move up from the ****ty 3lb weights i'd been using- i want better strength and arms stronger than spaghetti.
    i'm also hoping for something to happen to kick me off this plateau- i've been the same weight for about a year, despite watching my diet and training for 2 marathons. my body needs a switch up. i'm hoping to lose some weight, but getting stronger is more important.

anyway, nice to meet you :-) if i miss a few days without a good reason, please feel free to cyber-kick my *kitten*!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    hello. my name is joni.
    i did the shred about a year ago. i didn't do it daily, and probably wont this time either! i'm also a runner in training so have to do that too. last time took me about 50 days to do the 30ds- hopefully this time won't take as long. i'll try. it's good to have a group to be accountable to. i also want to move up from the ****ty 3lb weights i'd been using- i want better strength and arms stronger than spaghetti.
    i'm also hoping for something to happen to kick me off this plateau- i've been the same weight for about a year, despite watching my diet and training for 2 marathons. my body needs a switch up. i'm hoping to lose some weight, but getting stronger is more important.

anyway, nice to meet you :-) if i miss a few days without a good reason, please feel free to cyber-kick my *kitten*!

Welcome!!!

I think it's great you're joining us. I also need to use heavier weights - but it scares me :)

Best of luck - we will be here to motivate you all the way!!!
  • Jen_ht
    Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jenn and I've just given myself far too much time off over the Xmas break :grumble: - I've never done the shred before but I have a holiday to Mexico on the 28th Jan so won't be able to complete it before I go but I want to try and do it everyday and see where I get to!!!

I'm a bit scared because I've heard it absolutely kicks your butt, but I think I need that. My aim is to lose another half stone before I go, and tone up my butt and arms so I can wear appropriate beach clothes and not be self conscious :wink:

Please add me and I'll do my best to be motivating, supportive and feel free to call me on it if I skip a session!
  • ann0416
    ann0416 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hola ,

I am Ann , I am 24 . I have tried 30 DS last month and had to quit in btw

Now It looks like I will continue... :)

Hope I do ..

I am on my 2nd day shred of level one today.

Feel free to add me friends !:)

xoxo :)

P.S : thank you sooooo much for having this group .. Its nice to see and understand that I am not alone :)
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Steph, I have completed about 4 rounds of 30DS before (see my blog for progress photos) have had a naughty festive period and am going to use Jillian to assist me in fighting my festive bulge! Plan to take measurements and photos as it was a great inspiration when I did 30DS last year!

Please feel free to add me, stating 30DS in the request so we can support each other through it! The first 3-4 days are the worst, it DOES get easier :)
  • Andrea7701
    Andrea7701 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Andrea and am joining the group. I have not completed the shred before and am starting today. 2012 was not so great for me. Gained about 8 lbs, but it's time to get busy!! Good luck!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Yay - it's lovely to meet you all :)
  • maleeca
    maleeca Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) I am Malika and I am so excited to join this group.

I started the 30DS last month and just gave up after Level one. Feeling inspired now that there is a group to start again (Level One) from this evening.

I am also posting my specs just so I feel more responsible.

W - 145.2 lbs
    Waist 30
    Waist at navel 35.5
    Hip 43

Promise to post pics soon.
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm Jasmyne. I'm 30, completed 30DS (although it took me more than 30 days, just don't remember how many exactly lol) about a year ago and it was the first program that I actually stuck with. I lost around 25 lbs last year and somehow lost all motivation and put it all back on, and then some :sad: I figure I will go back to what I know works and do 30DS again!!!

I will let you all know, I am super busy (Mom of 2, wife, part time waitress, and taking an online course for Medical Transcription Editor) but I will try my best to get it done everyday, or at least not take off more than one day.

Good luck to you all and LETS DO THIS WOOO!!!
  • kyrabeth1986
    kyrabeth1986 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi im Carla. Started the 30DS today. Found it tough in places but atleast the time went quickly. Im getting married in July and would love to be a size 12/14 bride instead of 16/18!
  • lbackovsky
    Options
    Hi all, My name is Lisa.
    I am new to the message boards here, and I was excited to see this group. I have been trying to get back to my goal weight since I had my youngest son almost 2 years ago. Last night I was thinking about digging this DVD out to start working out again. Hopefully this group will motivate me to do it. I will not have time in my day to do it everyday, but I will do my best to do it every day I can.
  • safioux
    safioux Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Safia!
    Will be starting my first work out today!
    One question : Should I do the level 1 for 30 days? Or change for level 2 in the middle?
    I tried level one and it's great and the moves are simple. Level 2 is way more complicated and I'm not able to do all of the moves but it's more tiring, so I don't really know which one I should follow :/
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Taking time off in between is definately okay! Just try and keep it up the best you can :)
    Hi, my name is Safia!
    Will be starting my first work out today!
    One question : Should I do the level 1 for 30 days? Or change for level 2 in the middle?
    I tried level one and it's great and the moves are simple. Level 2 is way more complicated and I'm not able to do all of the moves but it's more tiring, so I don't really know which one I should follow :/

The programme works around you completing each level for 10 days.
    So you'll start with level 1 and do that for 10 days, then move on to level 2 for 10 days and finally completing the last level (level 3) for the last 10 days. However, having said this - a lot of people choose to stick with a level until they are able to complete it happily and then moving on. :)

Best of LUCK!
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) I am Malika and I am so excited to join this group.

I started the 30DS last month and just gave up after Level one. Feeling inspired now that there is a group to start again (Level One) from this evening.

I am also posting my specs just so I feel more responsible.

W - 145.2 lbs
    Waist 30
    Waist at navel 35.5
    Hip 43

Promise to post pics soon.

My cat is called Malika too :)
  • tonya_2010
    tonya_2010 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Tonya. I started 30 Day Shred last night. It kicked my butt! I'll be honest, I didn't make it through the entire thing. I hope it will get easier for me. I want to join this group to keep my motivated and accountable!
  • jamiemh
    jamiemh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!!

My name is Jamie :)

Starting 30 day Shred today!!!! I'm very excited to get this bootie into shape and moving!

Lots of cheers & support to everyone!
  • dmh140
    dmh140 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm Dana...Checking in for some accountability :) I've started the 30DS several times, but never stuck to it - hoping this time it will stick!! Looking forward to some inspiration and encouragement!
  • j9bonita
    Options
    Hello Everyone :)

I'm J9 and I have tried 30 DayShred in the the past, but nevre completed it. I'm looking forward to finishing this go round. I hope to see a whole bunch of success stories on 2/1/2013.

BTW, I could use some friends on here for more inspiration and encouragement. So friend me :)

Have a GREAT year :)