And so we begin!!!

Options

Replies

• katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Today is day one for me!! :) Looking forward to it!! Good luck buddies :)
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight 203
    Chest Measurement 40.75
    Waist Measurement 35.75
    Hip measurement 43.5
    Thigh 26.75
    Abs 38.25
  • SueCBrannon
    SueCBrannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have reached my weight goal. Now my goal is to get back to exercising. I was doing good until vacation in August and could not get back into it again. I am hoping this challenge will help me so that I can stay with it. I don't measure so all I have is my weight.

Starting weight when I started MFP on April 19, 2012 was 164.6
    Current weight is 129
  • Katemarie34
    Katemarie34 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Holy buckets!! This was just a slap in the face, the beginning of the year last year, I had hoped to be 40 pounds away from where I am starting now... I was down to 148, and feeling good- then just completely let myself slip!! No more excuses... this was a wake up call I needed.

Starting Weight- 176
    Chest Measurement- 39
    Waist Measurement- 34.5
    Hip measurement- 41.5
    Right & Left Thigh- 26.5
  • Shellycan
    Shellycan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm not very good at taking consistent measurements, so I'm going to stick with weight only.

SW: 200.0
    GW: 185.0
    DW: 165.0
  • cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well I don't take measurements, just rely on the scale!
    SW: 142 and hoping to be 132 at the end of this challenge!
  • ashleygaspard
    ashleygaspard Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Here we go.... :(

01/02/13

SW: 146
    Chest: 34"
    Waist: 33.5"
    Hips: 41.5"
    Rt bicep: 10.75"
    Lt bicep: 10.75"
    Rt thigh: 23"
    Lt thigh: 23.5"
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh My I seem to be the biggest one here and possibly the oldest and I know for sure the most out of shape and physically challenged one participating in this challenge. Due to my physical disability I am not able to do much exercise nor get accurate measurements as standing and walking is very difficult for me. However I know I need to do some exercise so I will start out with 5 days a week doing 5 minutes on the Foot Bicycle Peddler and using the Rollator to walk to the North or South side of the house next to mine. Each week I hope to be able to increase the time on the Peddler and be able to walk past more homes.

By the end of the challenge I hope to be down at least 20 pounds, be able to do 35 minutes on the Peddler and walk past 7 homes

Starting Weight 378 Challenge Goal Weight 358
    Chest Measurement under boobs 53
    Waist Measurement 56
    Hip measurement 70
  • MaerMollie
    MaerMollie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh My I seem to be the biggest one here and possibly the oldest and I know for sure the most out of shape and physically challenged one participating in this challenge. Due to my physical disability I am not able to do much exercise nor get accurate measurements as standing and walking is very difficult for me. However I know I need to do some exercise so I will start out with 5 days a week doing 5 minutes on the Foot Bicycle Peddler and using the Rollator to walk to the North or South side of the house next to mine. Each week I hope to be able to increase the time on the Peddler and be able to walk past more homes.

By the end of the challenge I hope to be down at least 20 pounds, be able to do 35 minutes on the Peddler and walk past 7 homes

Waist Measurement 56
    Hip measurement 70

All the best! You have awesome goals. We know you can do it!:smile:
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight 199 lbs
    Chest Measurement 44"
    Waist Measurement 38"
    Hip measurement 46"
    Right & Left Bicep Measurement 15"
    Right & Left Thigh 24"
  • LauraS916
    LauraS916 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight 195
    Chest 42.5
    Waist 40.6
    Hip 46.5
    Arms 12.5
    Thighs 23
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thanks MaerMollie I started the At home WW program yesterday and today I plan to start the Peddlar and do the walk this evening.
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Waist Measurement 56
    Hip measurement 70

You've got this friend!! Have no fear - everyone is here for the same reason regardless of where we are on our journey! You've got this!! Each and EVERY step takes you closer to your goal...no matter how big or small that step is! :-)
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Here it is Wed, Jan 2nd, 2013. I don't have the right tape measure to measure myself so I am just going to go by the weight the scale says.

So, my starting weight on the beginning of this journey is: 180 lbs.

Goal: I don't expect to be down to my goal weight of 135 in only 50 days but I would like to see a significant change in myself as far as weight goes! Maybe 15, 20 lbs? But lets just try my best!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Thanks MaerMollie I started the At home WW program yesterday and today I plan to start the Peddlar and do the walk this evening.

Echo all these sentiments, so glad you are here and participating! I know it can sometimes feel discouraging to not be able to do everything you want to do, but you CAN do this!!

I started this trek over 10 years ago and over 550 pounds. I had to lose weight for three months before my scale could start tracking my weight. I measured increase in exercise in those days by counting steps... meaning one day I would walk 25 extra steps, the next day 26. Eventaully, that moved to minutes on the stationary bike, once I had lost enough to FIT on the stationary bike. I still couldn't get on most treadmills or ellipticals because I was over their weight capcity.

After lots and lots of steps, the goals became "I'm going to walk four minutes up this hill, however far that will take me." Then five minutes. Eventually I got to the top of the hill in that 4 minutes.

At my very best (a year ago), my goals evolved to I'm going to complete this marathon. :-) And I did. Slower than most, but I did it. Now I can get on the elliptical, but I had to start small there, beginning with being on that blasted machine for 2 minutes. Now I can do 30. But I've slid back this year, and 30 is a real chore. So that's where I'm starting today. Do 30 minutes, any pace, on the elliptical.

So, all my best to you!!!
  • clarebigbelly
    clarebigbelly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My starting stats:

Ok, so Im just doing a couple of those measurements as I find it hard to stick to it and already have a biggest belly loser challenge going on with my husband.

Stomach (largest part) - 42 inches
    weight - 12.5 stone

to reduce these two measurements are my ultimate goals, so here goes!

As my bodyfat and bmi puts me on the borderline between overweight and obese I will be following a very low carb/very low calorie diet, that has at least a 1000 deficit. I wear a FITBIT ultra and go to the gym and cycle.

I'd like to lose one stone (14 pounds) by the end of this challange. I'd also love to lose 7 inches!

Good luck!
  • Luv3ly24
    Options
    SW: 180.5
    Chest: 41.25
    Waist: 34
    Thighs: 25.5
    Hips: 44
    Arms: 12.8

Good luck all!
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1/2 Weigh in!

Starting Weight 121LBS.
    Natural waiste: 30"
    Waist Measurement (Over my belly button/gut) 33"
    Hip measurement 38"
    Right & Left Bicep Measurement 13"
    Right & Left Thigh 27"
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight 188.6
    Chest Measurement 45 in (along chest)
    Waist Measurement 42 in.
    Hip measurement 48 in.
    Right Bicep Measurement 14.5 in.
    Left Bicep Measurement 15 in.
    Right Thigh 28.5 in.
    Left Thigh 28.5 in.
    End of Challenge Weight 168.6
  • aviatrix80
    Options
    Wow! Everyone is so amped in this challenge, its great!!
    I don't have the rest of the measurements, will try to update later, but my SW is 89.1kg. Its not my heaviest ever, but its still a lot more than I want to weigh. GW is 70-75kg...we will see what happens when I get there.

Anyone with a fitbit feel free to add me, or as a friend on here.

Good luck to us all!! :)