Starting Grad School

Options
Aiway
Aiway Posts: 11 Member
Hello !

I'm starting grad school in the fall in the US. Is there a place where I can find really quick and healthy recipes - that don't involve difficult / going out of your way ingredients ? Or if you could share how you manage your weekly cooking / grocery routines ? What snacks/meals are good to ziplock for the run?

Thank you for sharing !

Best,
Aiway

Replies

• NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I love getting recipes from cookboooks and even MFP.
    My fav MFP recipe is strawberry shortcake muffins are super easy when I'm on the move, especially in the morning.
  • Aiway
    Aiway Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks ! Where can I find recipes on MFP ? :)
  • Dr_sparky
    Dr_sparky Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ive started using a cookbook called "The Hairy Dieters: How to love food and loose weight". It's a British book but available on line for the kindle app. The Hairy Bikers, if you haven't heard of them, are cooks rather than chefs so cook what you would at home. Their new diet book gives the calories for every meal they give. I've actually had to extend the recipes I.e. add pasta in order to increase the calories. Really tasty stuff. Hope that helps.
  • Dr_sparky
    Dr_sparky Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ive started using a cookbook called "The Hairy Dieters: How to love food and loose weight". It's a British book but available on line for the kindle app. The Hairy Bikers, if you haven't heard of them, are cooks rather than chefs so cook what you would at home. Their new diet book gives the calories for every meal they give. I've actually had to extend the recipes I.e. add pasta in order to increase the calories. Really tasty stuff. Hope that helps.
  • csqurred
    csqurred Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is a great website to get healthy recipes!
  • KaydeForce
    KaydeForce Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I pin as "KaydeForce" and I have several boards with quick and (mostly) low-cal and healthy recipes. Just in case you're interested.
    I learned most of my cooking from my mum though. So I cook just the way we do it in our family most of the time. But if I branch out, I get my recipes from pinterest.
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love the blog skinnytaste.com!

The recipes are always delicious (well the ones I've tried) & healthy!