Welcome!!

Options
2»

Replies

• whitecoat16
    Options
    hello everyone! I'm Rachel. I'm so glad I found this group since I know I'll be needing some extra motivation for this. I've never done a Whole30 before but I've been primal for almost 2 years Unfortunately I keep going on and off and figure this will be a good way to get more serious about my health. Feel free to add me as a friend if you please!
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    So excited to have you all here!!! Happy day #1!! :D
  • ThisGrl
    Options
    Hi,
    I am new to Whole30, not new to clean eating and the like. I would like to do this since I always seem to sneak something restricted in after a few days. I think being part of a group will hold me accountable and provide the support I'll need to stay motivated. I want to provide that back as well.
  • bridgetgerrity
    bridgetgerrity Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Bridget and this will be my second Whole 30. I'm so glad that you created this group, as it will be wonderful motivation. I need to be held accountable :) Super excited for the next thirty days!
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've started my first Whole 30 today. I want to cook each week's meals on Saturday or Sunday so I spend less time prepping and cooking. Eventually, I would like to try a Whole 60 AND do it with Once a Month Cooking. Would LOVE some menu ideas and OAW(M)C tips!!!
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    How inspirational are all of your posts already!

Hello, all. I'm MJ. This will be my 2nd Whole 30 (did one last year around this time), and I am working on being more attuned to getting in more good fats as well as paying closer attention to the sources for my food (i.e., no bacon with sugar added, which slipped in before!).

Presuming this month goes well, I am already thinking of extending to a Whole 60 or perhaps even 100, but I'm just going to take it 1 month at a time.

When not doing the Whole 30, I am fairly well Primal (so I'll have dairy more regularly), and enjoy swinging around my kettlebells at home or while at boot camp (which is Crossfit style).

Here's to a successful Whole 30! Progress, not perfection!
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm so happy to have found this group! I'm three days in to the Whole30 and while I'm loving it, my main supporter and loving boyfriend is already whining about not being able to drink soda or chocolate milk. : ) So I'm happy to find a few others so excited and motivated to do this right!

I was following a mostly primal diet before, using a little bit of whole fat dairy in my coffee and cheese in some of my salads. I also used to have a glass (or two) of wine a few nights a week. So I'm cutting all of that out this month and I hope to see some health and performance results. I Crossfit a few times a week, run 3x/week, and am currently working on a pull-up routine as well.

Can't wait to see all of our progress!
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    I can't believe we have so many members in this group now!!! So exciting!! :D
  • rin1130
    rin1130 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am Erin and doing the Whole30 for the first time! I am on day 2...so far so good!
  • Lenpayasa
    Lenpayasa Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm Lennie. I started today after eating everything in sight while out of town. I've been eating 80% paleo for the last month, but I'm looking forward to doing the Whole30 and I start crossfit next week.
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Laurel. I've been primal for over a year and tend to allow myself more dairy then I should. I have attempted the Whole30 once and failed miserably, but I'm definitely ready now! I too am thinking of extending to 60-100 days if all goes well.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Vanessa! So happy I found this group. I just started whole30 on Jan 2. So far so good!
  • shorts411
    Options
    I just started my 30 days on the 19th, could I join in with you all? I am super excited for this next 30 days. I feel like this is a gift and I just can't wait to see what is on the other side of 30 days!!!
  • whatshesaid
    whatshesaid Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I started on Jan 3 but had a little breakdown yesterday, however I'm going to keep plugging along and plan to start again on Feb 1 ... Just looking for some friends following the same plan for some support! :)
  • tkgraham
    Options
    I'm Tracy and this is my first Whole30. I lost a little over 40 pounds doing primal but felt I still had some issues giving in to some cravings (emotional, not physical) so I took this on as a challenge to see that I could do it. I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes in September and reversed it at my January 4th appt. I started on the 16th and doing great so far. Do you guys really stay off the scale? I just can't. Anyway, hope you are all still doing great!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Deb, and happy I found this group also. I decided to try Whole 30 on Feb 2 (introduced by a Pal on my Newsfeed), and I am now on Day 18. I am a sugarholic, so last year I did a 30 day No (processed) sugar challenge that lasted 59 days. I can be disciplined if I set my mind to it :happy:

I survived this last week-end when I went to my cousin's surprise B-day party, then decided to go to a crabfeed that my other cousin's Martial Arts group was putting on. Wow...4 courses,...and I managed to eat ONLY the salad, grilled chicken from the penne pasta entree, and then FINALLY the crab. There were lots of bread, and pasta floating around, but my family was SOOO supportive knowing it was Day 15 for me, and they wanted to help me survive my 30 days. I ordered the book "It Starts with Food". I was not lucky enough to have it at my library. I *had* to modify the preparing of my meals with a few storebought sauces such as Oyster Sauce and Yoshida sauce, but the sugar in the flavoring was miniscule...sooo I am actually NOT a PURIST just yet. Still exploring. I just appreciate this group. I am at goal weight, and now working on BF% and building muscle.

Looking forward to perusing the thread and getting more ideas.

I *do* remain as close to steadfast Whole 30 :bigsmile:

Thanks for listening :happy:
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'm Tracy and this is my first Whole30. I lost a little over 40 pounds doing primal but felt I still had some issues giving in to some cravings (emotional, not physical) so I took this on as a challenge to see that I could do it. I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes in September and reversed it at my January 4th appt. I started on the 16th and doing great so far. Do you guys really stay off the scale? I just can't. Anyway, hope you are all still doing great!

Hi Tracy, I have not been able to stay off the scale, either. I've been weighing myself for the last year everyday, celebrating 415 days on MFP now. You can do it...I just introduced myself here, and I am on Day 18. I cannot turn back to start eating grains and dairy now this late in my 30 days, but do I still think about it? YES...:laugh: I gave up my Starbuck's Grande Soy Latte's. I know soy is not dairy,...but reverted to Chai Soy Latte's. The sugar content is high, but the drink delicious. I usually substitute it for a meal...but that is why I mentioned I am not a Purist of Whole 30. I have to find out if there is something that comes closer to being that and still enjoy. Good Luck...Take care :):):drinker:

Deb
  • p0nderful
    p0nderful Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone:
    I''m Michele. I read It Starts with Food and was very inspired. I am 55 years old, working on stabilizing and lowering my blood sugar. I would also like to lose the first 20lbs. No matter what I do, (vegan, mediterranean, low carb) the weight doesnt budge. I think I don't stick to it long enough, so my goal is to be compliant for 30 days and check out my results. So I started yesterday (Jan 2) and had one trip up --I ate some hummus with my carrots. Not a lot, but I am starting today as day one. Looking forward to the support!
  • ursulamorice
    ursulamorice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Ursula and I started the whole 30 challenge on Jan 2 with a group of people in my area, but it is nice to have a second support group!! My first week has gone well, I have been compliant the entire time and have exerciesed every day! This is the month to lose by last 7 lbs.
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi there! The 2014 W30 group has much more traffic. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18029-whole30-january-2014. Good luck with your W30 in any case. :)