Challenge #2 - January 3, 2013

Options
Today's challenge is: Do a fiber check during your meals today. Not enough fiber? Add a plant based food to your plate or bowl.

Does anyone know exactly how much fiber should be in our meals? I know what our daily goal is.

Please send me your results by 10pm tonight. Good luck!!

Replies

• hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I was told recently that we should be getting at least 25 grams daily.
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'd like to challenge each of you to do 3 minutes of skipping today, doesn't have to be all at once or with a rope, as well. :)
  • deedeetris
    deedeetris Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just finished my workout, so I thought I'd do that before I went in the shower. I was caught by my twelve year old. Apparently, the sight of me skipping around the house is something she'll never want to witness again!!! :) Have a great day, everyone!!
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    fiber well??? well i think beans have fiber right? I love me some beans!!!! and i have some kashi cereal i hope that has fiber!!!! how are we going to measur how much fiber we get today??? the skipping part is easy i love to skip!!!! oh so we going to have a challenge every day? that is awsome i love that idea!!!! Have a great day
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I think I heard 25mg of fiber as well... and oh my... skipping. x.x I can do it no problems but I can just imagine trying to explain to my boyfriend as my dog is barking like crazy at the mad girl skipping in circles around the house. Will report my completion :D
  • deedeetris
    deedeetris Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies: I had 24 grams of fiber today. I was surprised that it was that low. My lasagna had extra veggies, so I think it might have been more, but I'll keep to what the diary says.
    The skipping was fun, but hard for me!! It really got my heart pumping--great choice!! Looking forward to tomorrow!
  • DoomCakes
    Options
    27 grams of fiber! Going to do my skipping after dinner settles. Did some healthy made taco's minus the taco seasonings to prevent sodium over load, sadly, still over (did not know how bad tortilla's were for you in sodium!) but only by a little.
  • DoomCakes
    Options
    3 minutes skipping completed.
  • mochadivine
    mochadivine Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hola team! I got in 33g of fiber thanks to kashi go lean crunch. As for the skipping lol that didn't work out. I did about 30 seconds but it was hurting my leg doing that so I stopped. In its place I did jog in place for 5 mins. Idk if that count as an alternative but its what I did :-) happy losing everyone!
  • cmotting
    cmotting Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    3 minutes of skipping completed.

I only got 10 of fiber, but that is low for me, it is usually much higher.

Great job everyone!
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Skipping for 3 min done fiber not that much 10 grams