Day 3 Challenge - "Fab AB Friday!!"

Options
What's happening my friends!!! Day 3 lands smack dab on a FrIDaY!! And I've got to tell you...I LOVE Friday's!!! For today's challenge, let's focus some special attention on our mid section - our CORE!! Below is an address to a video that goes through a 6 minute ab workout and it's a good one!! The girl in the video uses a ball during some of the workouts, but I don't think it's necessary - so if you don't have one, don't fret! :-)

Guys - if you don't want to do a "girl video" you won't hurt my feelings if you do something more "manly!" Ha! :-)

If you're not able to do this video - do something ab related today!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfFzgAuulFY

When you're done, tell us how it went!!

Replies

• rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just a little over 6 minutes- not bad at all! Will be doing this in the morning :) Thanks for posting it tonight!
  • happynmellow
    Options
    Sweet! Thanks!! :happy:
  • Shellycan
    Shellycan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Looks like a good workout for tomorrow. I don't have a playground ball, but I think a yoga block will be a
    good substitute!

Thanks for the Challenges and your hard work, Crystal! (I'm assuming that's your name :smile: )
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a gym day for me and I have an Ab Routine my trainer set up for me. I will do that.
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Challenges and your hard work, Crystal! (I'm assuming that's your name :smile: )

Good assumption - my name is Crystal! Ha! Rock it out tomorrow friend! :-)
  • SueCBrannon
    SueCBrannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just watched the video and am sure that it is not as easy as she makes it look, but then again she is in excellent shape from doing this for a long time. I promise to try my best to do this circuit tomorrow morning plus other exercises on my own list.
    Enjoying this group so far; committed to seeing it through.
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Trying to get into the gym routine...will make sure I get ab work in
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    Taking a 30-minute core class at my gym in the AM :) Perfect timing!
  • carpediem0406
    Options
    Love that you posted this the day before the actual challenge... so much of what I do is "mental" preparation!

Day 1 - easy - all I drink is water... have been since I was a teen (I'm now 41)
    Day 2 - OMG! - I work out 5 to 6 x's/wk since high school and this kicked my @$$ - went straight through 3x's + my usual weight and cardio workout - change is GOOD =)
    Day 3 - Pilates at the gym <3

Working out is not an issue for me - if anything I'm addicted to it and may do it too much!

My challenge is food. Love sweets, especially chocolate - jOnzen for a brownie right now! AND I'm an emotional eater - stress = food, sadness = food, happiness = food. My new year's resolution is to eat to live, not live to eat.
  • go3gurl2go1
    Options
    My goal is going to be to get up and do this before work! 6am baby! Core...great way to start the day :)
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I can't view it :( I will do my Jillian Michaels ab DVD tomorrow
  • mommabunz
    mommabunz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in! it's short enough i can do it while my toddler eats breakfast (and my infant sleeps in her rocker) and then shower and get ready for the day! Thanks for posting!
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No problem! I will do it when I first get up and Abbi is eating breakfast and watching her cartoons. I also want to get in some crunches and other AB workouts too. My yoga has a good AB section but I will have to get up way before my toddler to do that one, so that might be a maybe lol.

Cant wait for day three!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfFzgAuulFY

Looks like a great ab workout for Day 3, looking forward to it! Appreciate you setting up the daily challenges:wink:
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'll give this a try along with my ab work at the gym. I also have started doing ab crunches to the beat of the car radio. I started with Christmas songs now I just crunch to any song with a good beat.

My abs are like jello after having 6 kids and no workouts. Now I'm loving getting stronger.
  • fergie2812
    Options
    so glad for this as giving the gym a miss today as achuing like billy oh! Was going to do 30d shred but might give this a go instead to give my poor old knees a rest thanks!
  • NewDavenport
    NewDavenport Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i wasnt able to do 2 of the exercise's but i did a 42 minuet walk with 30 mins of step ups with the rest of the exercises except the plank and the one where you lay on your side and lift off on your arm and feet
  • zoeygl
    zoeygl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    love this will do when I get home from work! Video was a great idea!
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I forgot to check this last night!

I will do this after my exercise bike ride. :)
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Got it done! I was a little bit of a slacker on the planks but those aint no joke!!! Man I didnt realise how hard keeping myself up off the ground was! Plus I did some time doing crunches, bends, AB twists and stuff this morning and I will do some more throughout the day! I liked her, the woman in the video, very upbeat. And I like her quote "your just one workout away from a great day" lol