help!!! plez??

Options
Melli118_14
Melli118_14 Posts: 23 Member
im sure this has been asked before but how do you add chalean into your daily workouts??
Im verrrry confused b/c i know this stuff is burning calories....anyone???

Thank you!!

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Do you have a heart rate monitor? If not, try interval training under cardio....
    The weight lifting workouts do not burn that much - I was always just around 250-300 - I'm 5'8, 177 and 44 years old if that helps...
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You can add the cardio effect as stated by astrampe ^^^^ with either a HRM or using MFP's search for exercises.
    If you're wanting to track you reps and the amount of weight, do that under strength. I created new exercises named exactly what they were called on the ChaLean worksheets so I could track.
  • Melli118_14
    Melli118_14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thank you both very much! im looking into getting a HRM as i think thats the best way to track...

Thank you!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I enter all my workouts under cardio. I put the weight training days under strength training, and the cardio days under interval training or circuit training.

I don't have a heart rate monitor, so I simply assume the calorie burn calculated by MFP is way overestimated!
  • amomono
    amomono Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I actually put mine under calisthentics, vigorous. Calisthentics are supposed to be things like lunges and squats and that's a lot of what we are doing in the strength days... since are using weights and I'm pouring sweat - it feels pretty vigorous to me. I don't count the cool down, but I have been counting the warm up in my time.