Weekend Challenge - Pre-log Weekend!!!

Options
Happy weekend everyone!!! I've read a lot of you say that you struggle with eating well. Isn't it nice to know you're not alone in that?!? I want everyone to pre-log all of your meals, snacks and splurges for the entire weekend. I know what you're thinking and I feel the same way..."THAT'S CRAZY!" But hear me out...I do so much better with my eating when I have a plan and I believe you will too!! If you have a plan you're likely to stick with it.

This isn't going to be easy for me because tomorrow is my anniversary and the hubby won't tell me what he has planned...I SO like that!!! ;-). So, for me, tomorrow I will eat a lite breakfast and lunch and plan for something yummy for dinner...whatever that means. Lol!

Join me friends, it's so easy to stray on the weekend. Lets make this first weekend of the challenge a GREAT one!

Replies

• Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I totally love your challenges. You are giving us all kinds of new ways to get healthy. I'm so excited. Thank you
  • irishjune
    irishjune Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ummm...can we go back to drinking lots of water. ;-) OK, kidding. I'll give this a shot!
  • lymanlouis
    Options
    S/Su Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy on an English muffin 1/2, banana or orange, apple cider or orange juice

S/Su Lunch: made a pot of chili yesterday...yummy with some crackers

Sat Dinner: Giadia's Roman Chicken ... love love love it! Lots of veg with it.

Sun Dinner: Leftovers. Not sure what, but the fridge is full of good bits and pieces at the moment.

Snacks: Noshing on some pistachios at the moment for the salty. Just baked some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for the sweets.
  • LusciousLady
    LusciousLady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great idea...
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I logged both Saturday and Sunday and the planning shows me I have extra calories available (and this is before entering my exercise). Healthy snacks, here I come! :love:
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What if I don't feel like eating something I logged? I never know what I will be in the mood for from meal to meal, or for a snack. Sometimes I don't even eat a snack. The only meal I ever really plan ahead for is dinner and the weekends are usually spontaneous.

Not meaning to be a stick in the mud for this one but to me, it's not a challenge so much as an inconvenience. Sorry. :)
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I usually do so much better too when I plan out my meals. But sometimes my boyfriend orders pizza last minute and man I can't resist it.. its so hard to stick to two pieces!!

But you bet that I will plan this weekend out! I have our dinners planned from now until next saturday so I only need to plan out what to eat for breakfast and lunch. I know I can do this, even with my little ones birthday party tomorrow!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    you come up with the best challenges, they encourage, work our bodies and are challenging... all good things!:wink::drinker:
    Thanks for the time you put into this group...
  • vhaynes83
    vhaynes83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I havent pre-logged my meals but I hae planned them for the weekend.. The only bad hing is that my friends are taking me out to eat tomorrow to celebrate and birthday and I usualy go out to eat with my parents on Sundays. So i will being eating lite during the day so I won't go over board at night :)
  • ladams562
    ladams562 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I pre-logged! I'm not entirely sure I'll stick to everything I put in, especially lunches, as I haven't done grocery shopping for the week yet so I didn't have anything planned ahead, but as long as I remember to limit snacks and just stick to healthy, home cooked meals, I haven't had many issues around calorie overages (except for the holidays and those times alcohol comes into play......) lol! But it is a good reminder, especially for breakfasts as it may be hard not to stray into sausage, egg and bagel territory.....
  • TexMexBel
    TexMexBel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I really love LOVE this challenge. I do soooo much better when I pre plan. I have always tried to pre plan the next day so that I DON"T have to think about it. My thoughts are, if something comes up, like a craving or whatever, you can always CHANGE your diary, it's NOT set in stone... I've never pre planned the entire weekend so here it goes :)
  • melissagrow
    melissagrow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This one could be a real challenge but will give it a try.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge as I am successful prelogging all my food. The most important piece of diet is have your DAILY 500 calorie deficit to lose one pound. I am eating out tomorrow but planned meals as I know the name of restaurant and they know my expectations, dressing on the side for my salad and dip your fork on the dressing, no sodium, no carbs unless is grains, nothing fried and extra vegetables. Please make sure entree is low fat. I had pizza tonight and my meal tonight was prelogged yesterday, only one slice of pizza. Success!!!.

P.S. Weekend meals planned and prelogged with a little wiggle room, 100 calories to play. Love this challenge!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    What if I don't feel like eating something I logged? I never know what I will be in the mood for from meal to meal, or for a snack. Sometimes I don't even eat a snack. The only meal I ever really plan ahead for is dinner and the weekends are usually spontaneous.

Not meaning to be a stick in the mud for this one but to me, it's not a challenge so much as an inconvenience. Sorry. :)

Plan to incorporate a protein, carbs and veggies at every meal. Prelogging will give you more success as studies show people eat more during the weekends due to poor planning. Incorporate balanced meals. and if you are eating out look at the menu ahead..;0)!
  • fergie2812
    Options
    Ooh this is a tricky one but will make me focus and not wander into the kitchen cupbords on the scrounge. Thanks for the challenge!!
  • lexlutha13
    Options
    I always pre-plan my meals so i don't worry about what i'm going to eat and if i will hit my Macros.
  • snicholson81
    snicholson81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love the motivational challenges that are offered in this group!! It will be really hard for me to overeat as we are all out of snack foods and I've quit the soda. So my snack will consist of green apples. I'm not sure what meals will be, but it is looking like something with pasta. Maybe the kids can eat that and I'll have some rice. LOVE rice. Yesterday was rough for me, but I think this challenge will be pretty easy for me. Good luck everyone!
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    This is weird what this challenge is already doing to me. The perfectionist in me is going to fret about this for the next 5 hours, researching and planning, revising and so on. And I'm afraid I'll end up doing a fast because I won't want to eat ANYTHING because the plan's not done. A little bit of hyperbole there, but not much.... I'm hungry as can be; but I'm not making my breakfast because I need to figure out the plan....
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Plan to incorporate a protein, carbs and veggies at every meal. Prelogging will give you more success as studies show people eat more during the weekends due to poor planning. Incorporate balanced meals. and if you are eating out look at the menu ahead..;0)!
    I think I am doing pretty well logging. I have not missed one item since I started almost a month ago. I do preplan my dinners, because I cook at home every night and I don't want to mess up the calorie count. But I don't log anything until I am sure that's what I'm eating. The pre planning everything for the whole weekend will be more time consuming for me than logging already is. I'm just speaking for myself, though. I am glad if it works for others. :)
  • SueCBrannon
    SueCBrannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I pretty much pre-plan my meals everyday, but not all the meals all at once. When I know where, what time, with whom I will be eating I pre-plan for that meal. I'm pretty good at sticking to that plan. I may have to make a few changes, but they are usually minor and on the good side. I've pretty well learned what I can eat at which restaurants so that makes it a little easier also. Now just hoping I can make this work for this challenge...I'm confident.

Thanks.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.