Starting Today!

Options
I am starting Ct5k today. I am a little nervous, since I haven't run since high school. I can do a brisk walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, though. I am doing a 5K with my son in April, so shooting for that goal. It seems if I have something to work for and look forward to, it makes it a little easier to stay on track.

Wish me luck!! And, thank you for all the tips and tricks posted! I actually wrote some down so I wouldn't burn myself out or injure anything. :)

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! Just take it easy and don't do too much too quick.. You don't want to be sitting around with an icepack on your leg like I am right now. Having that race coming up in April will definitely keep you motivated. You can do it!
  • desneiges
    Options
    Started yesterday! Good luck! I am quite out of shape but Day 1 wasn't too bad. Not even sore today...I am sure that will change soon. I am also aiming for a 5k in April. I walked it last year. Hope to run it this year. All the best!
  • jacki1976
    jacki1976 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started today too. I have been a mediocre runner in the past but haven't done it in months. I want to start out slow this time and do it right. Good luck:smile:
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Good luck to you! I start tomorrow. I'd say I am in about the same state of preparedness as you are with the walking, so let me know how it goes.
  • holliesmith9484
    holliesmith9484 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! I was imagining panting, heavy sweating, and wanting to quit halfway through. I got through the whole thing and even got on the bike afterwards for 10 more minutes.
    I am probably jinxing myself saying it wasn't that bad..lol I have looked at week 3!! :)
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Im starting tonight! Did a little practice shuffle while I was walking the dog this morning and im astounded I can actually jog, so hoping day 1 wont be too bad....