I have decided to go to 4-2

Options
I just am coming back after taking a break from medifast and well dieting in general because I hit a 3 month plateau and have been dangling in this certain 10 LBS range. The 5 in 1 is just too difficult for me to do anymore, I like to excercise and ride my horse and help the hubby build our barn, by the middle of the day I was shaky and starving which usually led to cheating. So today is day 1 of doing 4 MF and 2 LG meals. Has anyone else had to go to the 4 and 2 plan?

Replies

• irisia99
    irisia99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How has the 4-2 plan been going?
  • flintzoo
    Options
    I'd love to hear if you are having success. I have been wondering about the 4-2 option. Good luck!
  • nchrty
    nchrty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have seen many people do absolutely fantastic on the 4 & 2. It's a great option if 5&1 is just too extreme. I lost 70 lbs on medifast in 2010-2011 and went 4 & 2 a few times with no negative results. I am back on the program now to take off the 7 lbs gained over the holidays and will most likely do it 4 & 2.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    This is what I do and at my weight it is working well. I needed more calories and since I had had gastric bypass I couldn't eat them in the one meal so my doctor, nutritionist, and I have decided to put me on more of a 4-2 and add more calories to my breakfast Medifast, too. I am over 300 pounds though and 1200-1400 calories is still pretty low for me with workouts burning 300-700 calories every day.
  • cazzaroni
    cazzaroni Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was switched to 5-2's for a few months to help with my plateau. I maintained, didn't gain or lose. Which is frustrating. I have lost 70 lbs on MF. Switching to maintenance next month to see if the extra calories help kick a loss. I have another 20 to go.
  • newlifecowgirl
    Options
    I was doing really well on it, would lose a little bit here and there, but it helped get me back in the groove of MF, once I was confident again I went back to 5 & 1, and doing a LOT better since !