Any Ideas for Low Carb. Deserts?

Options
tmcc70
tmcc70 Posts: 27 Member
I'm so addicted to sugar. I 've been eating sugar free jello/ puding.

Any other ideas? I feel like I'm going through sugar with draw.

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    OMG there are tons out there on the web! I love sweet treats too. I made a low carb pumpkin pie for thanksgiving that was okay. I've also made a low carb cheesecake (my weakness!!). It is AWESOME! If you want something prepackaged, Atkins makes pretty good low net carb snacks. The Caramel Nut Chew bars almost taste like Snickers! I've also found recipes using flax seed meal. One is called Muffin in a Minute that has so many variations! I put Polaner sugar free strawberry in it...YUM! Good luck to you!!
    Nancy
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Try http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/ and www.skinnytaste.com/ Both have some amazing recipes.
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    I try to think creamy. Creamy and low carb is good. Sweet and low carb is bad (unless it's a fake sweet). But rather than use alot of artificial sweeteners I'm trying to retrain my tastes to prefer less of a sweet taste. I've been told, and I'm finding out that the longer I'm on this low carb thing that my sensitivity to sweetness is increasing. Meaning - I don't need much to make it taste sweet now. And things like dark chocolate - I love it. The taste is so incredible. Nothing is better than an INTENSE chocolate with a healthy chaser of milk. You just need to nibble the chocolate and it doesn't take much to satisfy - at least that's been my experience. I try to have some chocolate every day.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I have grown to love super dark chocolate. Look for Lindt's 90% etc. You can get it anywhere...Target etc. 60 cals for a square and the carbs/sugars are MUCH lower than regular/milk chocolate.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Check this out!!! I love this page:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

also berries and whipped topping / sugar free jello - yum
  • taraknits
    taraknits Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I take 2 tbsp of peanut butter, stir in 2 tbsp of whipped cream cheese, and then stir in a nice size squirt of whip cream. After it is mixed together really well, I freeze it for a few minutes...YUM. Addictive, though :)
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I take 2 tbsp of peanut butter, stir in 2 tbsp of whipped cream cheese, and then stir in a nice size squirt of whip cream. After it is mixed together really well, I freeze it for a few minutes...YUM. Addictive, though :)

OOOOH!! I've gotta try that!! :love:
  • SKArunner
    SKArunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Take a Tupperware bowl with top, fill it with ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream and then match that with a ¼ cup of frozen berries ( I like mixed). Shake well, then take a spoon and mash the fruit. Shake again and then stir instant no wait berry ice cream. I have found that I don‘t need to add anything else. Berry Addictive!
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have been having full fat ricotta cheese over frozen blueberries. For me, it is just like having icecream.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options

DUUUUUUDE!!!!!!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    http://www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=41&Itemid=55

The cheesecake is lovely, and the posset is a real favourite of mine too.
  • bpreteroti
    Options
    bump
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My husband made these for me:
    http://jadorecouturestore.blogspot.com/2012/04/low-carb-low-calorie-pumpkin-bars-w.html

A couple of things:
    *It was very moist. I would probably add chia seed to some of this to soak up the moist. It was slightly more moist than a pumpkin pie.
    *For the cream cheese frosting, I told him to cut the sweetener in half. Now, I was fine with it but everyone said the bars needed something... it could have been a sweeter frosting.

I often make a muffin in a minute for some dessert: 1/4 c flax with an egg, mix min a packet of splenda, some cocoa, some cardamom, a pinch of salt, and cinnamon. Micro a minute, cut into fourths and put cream cheese on top. It's so good, I could eat it a few times a day... but the fiber in the flax would be rough! ;)

And this is off topic... I found this on my search for you... why is this woman saying this is low carb? See the pasta? ugh.
    http://www.laurenslatest.com/low-carb-easy-cheesy-tuna-casserole-giveaway/