First Check In January 6 2013

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
Welcome Everyone! Thanks for partnering to be Lucky 2013. This first week could have been the hardest challenge or the easiest...setting your goals. In doing so we want to think about:

* what motivates us to do this,
* what we need to do this,
* what kind of pressure is working against these (sabatogers to our plans),
* what kind of support we have (Lucky 2013),
* what mother nature can toss our way,
* what equipment, resources, clothes etc. we need to be successful

My suggestion was to have your ultimate goal, with mini goals to help keep you moving towards the ultimate goal. Plus, how are you going to reward yourself for those milestones. If your goal is to lose weight your reward most likely will not be food :), but maybe a spa pedi or something. Book time for yourselves each day like an appointment for work, doctor, however you need to that this time is scheduled for YOU! 30 minutes for yourself is not too much to ask, and will make the other time better for those around you. Some of you may have seen from my profile page "I'm taking me back", that includes time for me. When I reach my ultimate goal I'm going to spend a pretty penny on a pair of awesome jeans!

Jessica Douglas will be starting chats with us too...as my added extra support she has volunteered to get some of our chats started and our weekly check ins...talk about a gift--thanks Jessica that will help me stay accountable.

My long term goal is to have my six pack abs back, my thunder thighs tightened and lean looking again, my popeye arms to stop waving when I stop waving and to lose approximately 5 more pounds. In this ultimate goal, I have goals that I want to walk 10,000 steps each day, climb 10 flights of stairs each day, strength train at least twice a week, and ab work specific 3 times a week. At our half way point I plan on rewarding myself with a wonderful facial, and spa medi/pedi. Big half way reward, but I believe in big or go home :), and I will have earned it. I have a daughter getting married in August and this sounds a little "nasty", but I want to be the hottest mom there--even more so than her 12 year younger step mom who has a body of steel.
OK Ladies and Gentlemen--let's rock 2013....what say you?????
:smile:

Replies

• Nancysdiettips
    Nancysdiettips Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love having the support from my MFP friends. With your support and my determination, I am going to get this 30 pounds off for the very last time.

I plan on being a healthy, happy and energetic Grandma.

The journey has begun, I have been on the treadmill every morning at 5:30 am. I feel better knowing I am looking after myself.

This morning I stepped on the scale to find I have the first pound off. It is a start!
  • laura920
    Options
    Hi everyone,

First official day of our challenge! I am excited to get started and looking forward to all of us supporting each other and exchanging ideas!

My long term goals are:
    * Lose 40-50 lbs
    * Imrove my flexibility, my quads &hamstrings are extremely tight and need to be unlocked!
    * Improve my cardio health and endurance enough to start running
    * Do the Color Run in Philly in July
    * Firm up my arms and tone my back so I feel comfortable in a sleeveless top
    * Get back into all those size 10 jeans packed up in totes in my closet
    * Have to get rid of the size 10 jeans because I can fit into size 8

I don't like to focus on the long term because thinking about 40-50 pounds is huge! Thinking about that makes me feel like it is impossible so for the short term I am going to put them on the back burner and focus on smaller goals .

Smaller short term goals are:
    * Lose 1 lb a week
    * Drink more water
    * Use MFP daily to keep myself accountable
    * Use the wonderful workout tools I have in my home, Nike+ trainer, Zumba, TurboFire to workout

I want to change my bad habits for good. I know what I have to do, I know how to do it but somehow I always manage to sabatoge myself so I slide back into my bad habits! I deserve to be healthy, fit and feel good about my body but somehow I always talk myself out of that, not any more!

Here we go!
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Awesome! You have got this..helps working out before the body is awake doesn't it :laugh:
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Laura...you rock excellent goals. Whatever we can do to help just say the word.
  • laura920
    Options
    Marla,

Thanks!

Motivation to work out is my hardest! So any encouragement to get that done will be fantastic!
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    I see a gorgeous pup next to you in your picture...have you tried mapmydogwalk ? It's free and its fun. You can map your dog walk and it counts the calories plus shows you where you went....I believe my pups enjoy it :laugh: I'm going to use it today when I take the three race horses for a walk....of course Fter I put on long johns brrrrrr.
    Marla
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sarting Weight = 142.8 pounds

Ultimate Goals
    - Gluten-free, sensativity-aware, healthy eating at all time (of course there is the odd acception, but still "controlled").
    - 100% Happy and Satisfied with my body shape; weight between 120 and 130 pounds.
    - Be a naturally excellent role-model for my daughters; who will continue through life with an assumption of how we live our healthy and fit life is the norm and continue to do so, not let others influence them otherwise.

Short-Term Goals
    - Stick to my daily exercise routine.
    - Stick to my daily calorie consumption alotment, and not to use my exercise calories.
    - Weigh in only twice a week and post!
    - Not get frustrated and damage my progress when/if I see results that aren't as good as I had expected/wanted.

Great goals everyone!
    Thanks Marla!

We can all do this!!!
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    hello everyone!

One my goal is to NOT focus on my weight. I do want to lose the weight, but i want the focus to be on my healthy eating and my exercise. This helps me tremendously. Each week I can do that. If I thought...I need to lose 20 pounds....I have tried many diets and failed, so I can't focus on weight loss. My focus changed in my last 90 day challenge and low and behold....the scale is going down.

Weekly Goal - Small steps to success
    To exercise this week 300 minutes.
    To stick to my MFP calorie goal.
    Log all food daily. Measure and weigh food.

At the end of the 90 days
    Fit into a pair of jeans I have that I purchased that are about two size to small. (purchased on Ebay Joe's Jeans size 30).
  • laura920
    Options
    Marla,

I will check out that app for sure! Thanks!
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Laura,
    My puppy pulled like crazy today trying to keep up with her brothers. The map my dog walk said 133 calories, but my arms and back beg to differ. That's ok all three pups are flat out...too tired for dinner yet so I think the fresh air did us all good. If my husband wasn't watching the game I believe he'd be snoozing too. It was fun, only about 1 1/2 miles today, but its all good when you enjoy the pups isn't it? Keep in touch.. and share your doggy's name and activities. My pups are Doc, Baloo, and Jasmyn. The boys are litter mates and one, the little girl is their sister from the next litter..she is 6 months. Love them dearly.
    Have a nice evening,
    Marla
  • laura920
    Options
    Hi Marla,

I actually have two Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs. Remy our male is 130 lbs and Senna our female is 102 lbs. They are from the same breeder but different parents. Remy is 6 and Senna is 5. Downloaded the app and looking forward to using it with them! We will be adding a 3rd at some point this spring so I will have 3 as well!

Talk to you soon!

Laura
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Yay! Remmy and Senna walk momma :):happy:
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    I see we have some dog lovers here! Yay!! I consider my dog my personal fitness trainer. No matter what, I have to get out there and walk her. :-)
  • runnstream
    Options
    Hi all! I have read some inspiring goals so far. I'm excited to walk this journey with all of you. I am currently 151lbs.
    Goals:
    -be a role my to my three sons as to how to live a healthy and successful life.
    -eat more whole foods and decrease processed and toxic food habits.
    -lose 30lbs total.
    -wear a two piece bathing suit this summer. (I have been doing my crunches daily for a week (: )

Here is to a new year to experience the wonder of our world!
    Blessings,
    Brooke
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

First official day of our challenge! I am excited to get started and looking forward to all of us supporting each other and exchanging ideas!

My long term goals are:
    * Lose 40-50 lbs
    * Imrove my flexibility, my quads &hamstrings are extremely tight and need to be unlocked!
    * Improve my cardio health and endurance enough to start running
    * Do the Color Run in Philly in July
    * Firm up my arms and tone my back so I feel comfortable in a sleeveless top
    * Get back into all those size 10 jeans packed up in totes in my closet
    * Have to get rid of the size 10 jeans because I can fit into size 8

I don't like to focus on the long term because thinking about 40-50 pounds is huge! Thinking about that makes me feel like it is impossible so for the short term I am going to put them on the back burner and focus on smaller goals .

Smaller short term goals are:
    * Lose 1 lb a week
    * Drink more water
    * Use MFP daily to keep myself accountable
    * Use the wonderful workout tools I have in my home, Nike+ trainer, Zumba, TurboFire to workout

I want to change my bad habits for good. I know what I have to do, I know how to do it but somehow I always manage to sabatoge myself so I slide back into my bad habits! I deserve to be healthy, fit and feel good about my body but somehow I always talk myself out of that, not any more!

Here we go!

Your goals are basically my goals!!!!!!!!!! I too am doing the color run in July in Louisville, KY! I hadn't thought about running it, but maybe!

In addition to your short term goals, I also want to get more sleep each night and eat mor protien each day.

Long term goal, I would eventually like to get into size 6-8 jeans!
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I had a little set back with a family emergency this weekend and all though the issue will be ongoing for a while, the storm seems to be over! So I'm one day behind everyone but I'm ready to go!

Short Term Goals:

Measure/weigh myself and take a before picture
    Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night
    Log my food on MFP
    Drink more water
    Cook dinner at least 5x per week
    Exercise at least 5x per week

Short Term Reward at half way mark - Full Body Massage!

Long Term Goals:

Lose 50 pounds
    Improve strength/flexibility
    Get into size 6-8 jeans!!!!!!!!!

Long Term Reward - Buy the expensive jeans with the white stiching and the bling on the back pockets!
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    You are right on time :) Every day is a new day. Welcome!!
  • Murraysk5
    Options
    Hi All, I just found this group today and I would like to join! Only a day behind, but I am one of those week starts on Monday people anyway. I received a Fitbit for Christmas and have been using is everyday since. My goals are to lose weight (35 lbs), but mostly to increase my consistency with eating and exercise. I tend to only use Myfitnesspal when my eating is good and don't record when I over do it.
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm glad to be able to do this with you lovely people :).

So my long term goals:
    -lose around 40 pounds.
    -improve my overall health including eating better and sleeping better
    -get into size eight :).

Short term:
    -do my workouts at least three times a week.
    -go gluten free for one month (starting today)
    -drink eight glasses of water every day
    -get over my step goal every day for the rest of the month (barring illness).
    -do daily crunches (100).
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Welcome Murray--glad to have you...Monday's are just fine :happy: I'm newer to fitbit too, and just LOVE it!!! Welcome, and let us know what kind of support will help you to reach your goals.
    Marla