Phase 1 - Workout 1

Options

Replies

• ericapabis
    ericapabis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed workout one :)
    First day today- did kick start and did w1 and c1 back to back :)

Great job JAB!
  • Roboartist
    Options
    I survived the first workout without hurling! Lol. I did get my dogs all worked up and they thought it was play time.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Done. Whew.

I've been super lazy for months now, but I made it through and feel pretty good. Planks and bicycles can kiss my a** though.

Onward and downward!

Great job for making a start! You'll smash those planks and bicycles in weeks to come.. You mark my words!!

I survived the first workout without hurling! Lol. I did get my dogs all worked up and they thought it was play time.

Yay! Well done! I have a 2 year old who thinks it's play time when I work out.. He likes to crawl under my planks!!
  • Roboartist
    Options

Yay! Well done! I have a 2 year old who thinks it's play time when I work out.. He likes to crawl under my planks!!

Who needs Jillian Michaels yelling at you not to drop down during your planks when your two year old can do the job for free!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options

Who needs Jillian Michaels yelling at you not to drop down during your planks when your two year old can do the job for free!

Tell me about it! He even knows that after I've vacuumed the carpet im due to do my workout... He will call out to me: "workout mummy time!" and will fetch my trainers from the hallway! He makes sure I don't slack off! :laugh:
  • dreamkrisann
    Options
    Today was day one for me..Wow it was great but the push ups killed me..lol
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Today was day one for me..Wow it was great but the push ups killed me..lol

Well done for making a start! Glad you enjoyed it!
    Don't be ashamed to modify push-ups on your knees until you build up strength in your arms. I used to do 95% modified and slip a few proper ones in... Then gradually increase the proper ones. You 'll get there!
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Ok.I got in phase 1/workout out 1/Day 4 today.So far I'm a little sore.But I'm ok.I can do this :smile:
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Ok.I got in phase 1/workout out 1/Day 4 today.So far I'm a little sore.But I'm ok.I can do this :smile:

Of course you can! Well done!
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Thank You so much.You made my day :happy:
  • wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    And today I completed my final Phase 1 Workout 1 (or at least until I do another round). Yippee!
  • suzanne63
    Options
    That's great :happy:
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Day 4 down. This one seemed MUCH easier than it did on Monday. I know I didn't magically get more fit in three days but it's nice to feel like I'm making progress.

I signed up for a mud run in April so I may end up subbing running for the cardio video at least part of the time. As long as I'm burning calories it shouldn't matter how, right? Any thoughts on that?
  • mrunner2
    mrunner2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Day 4 down. This one seemed MUCH easier than it did on Monday. I know I didn't magically get more fit in three days but it's nice to feel like I'm making progress.

I signed up for a mud run in April so I may end up subbing running for the cardio video at least part of the time. As long as I'm burning calories it shouldn't matter how, right? Any thoughts on that?
    As long as you burn more than you eat, you will continue to lose. Running burns roughly 100 calories per mile. The strength workouts will really benefit your running too. Good Luck!
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

I'm doing my second round and the first time I ended up doing my c25k on cardio days. This time I plan to do my half marathon training on those days. I think as long as it's cardio then awesome! :)

I finished day 4 today and boy am I sore but it feels great!!
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just finished this disk for the second time on week 2. Increased the weights from 5's to 8's. I also completed all of the planks and the bicycle which where my problem areas. Two more workouts left in week 2. I am scared of disk 3, I will preview it tonight. Good luck everyone, if I can do it anyone can also!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I just finished this disk for the second time on week 2. Increased the weights from 5's to 8's. I also completed all of the planks and the bicycle which where my problem areas. Two more workouts left in week 2. I am scared of disk 3, I will preview it tonight. Good luck everyone, if I can do it anyone can also!

Magnificent progress in only 2 weeks! I bet it feels great to be mastering the moves you considered to be "problem areas"! If you can progress that far in 2 weeks, imagine what you will be capable of by the end of the 90 days!! keep up the great work!
  • JABGoochie
    JABGoochie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    did W1 yesterday (start of week 2) and i think i found some of it easier - although i do struggle with holding the plank directly after press ups!!

or maybe i just didnt put in as much effort?!

hard to tell - my HRM battery died half way through :( sad times
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Ok,I'm back to doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution.I cannot be afraid to get a little sore.I will never get in shape if I do that.I will modify and do what I am capable of in this program.But I promise you I WILL NOT WHIMP OUT ON THIS PROGRAM.I CAN AND WILL DO IT.Phase 1/Workout 1/Day 1 DONE :happy:
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Finished this one for the third time today. I bumped up the weights to 5s and 8s and did quite well. I also adjusted the pushups to do them in regular position on an incline instead of the "girlie" ones because I think that will get me to real pushups faster. I did much better on the bicycles, although I did have to stop and do upper only for a few seconds.

I'm finding that I am able to go much lower on the squats than I thought I could and I just need to suck it up and push myself to do more than I think I can if I want to get results. Since I have this mud run coming up, I have GOT to get stronger and I can already feel it starting to happen. Yay!