WELCOME!

Options
Are you ready to sweat it out! I am :flowerforyou:

I'm Ritz and I just turned 40 last January 1st. I am looking forward to seeing all your posts. Granted that my legs are still sore from working out last Saturday (darn lunges!), I am going to get my sweat on today!

Please feel free to introduce yourself...

Good luck to us!

Replies

• drgnflys
    Options
    Ok, I'm in! do you take any day's off? I'm determined to lose weight and shape up however I also know if I over commit I set myself up for failure.I did 44 minutes yesterday and I'm headed out for 30 in about 10 minutes.

I will commit to the group 6 days, then if I screw up I can add 10 min a day to catch up without failing.

I just love that I can work out and earn food. makes all the guilt go away. I logged all my food yesterday which included, super burrito, movie popcorn and chocolate cake (small piece) and I still came in under calories. the treadmill said I earned 350 cal but I used mfp of 315 :)
  • nickwylie
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Anna. Mum to 3 yr old girl, and 5 + 7 yr old boys. Middle of summer holidays here (New Zealand), kids driving me insane and it is HOT. Have found my motivation/self discipline is lacking and weight rising again. 30 min a day is doable - my driveway is 300m long, so I tend to run that once kids are in bed and hubby pottering around inside.

And I tend to think you need a rest day - body needs a day to recuperate. Also, I count random things - like mowing the lawns, takes me an hour and I burn at least 300 calories each time. Heart rate higher is the aim right?
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    I agree - rest if you need to because the most important thing is to be safe and free of injury so you can continue. But if you can do it for the entire 3 months, why not.

I'm so excited -- yay!
  • drgnflys
    Options
    Hey Anna,

yes, heart rate would def go up if I mowed the lawn. 300 calories thats great!
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ..
    I'm Melanie , from Vancouver BC -
    I am aiming to lose 30 lbs in total ..
    Starting weight 183 , after 1 week current weight 180 ..

I just got Xbox Kinect at Xmas , and man am I loving the FUN workouts .. I played Kinect Adventures ( Adventure mode, intermediate level ) for over an hour and a half last night .. Sweating and puffing .. but so worth it !!
    I have also tried to walk at least 1/2 hr a day .. so
    I love the idea of a DAILY 1/2 hr challenge ..
    I welcome high calorie burn ideas too...

Tell me what your favorite way to burn them off is !!
    Good luck everyone .. we can do this !!!!!!
  • lilmzritz
    Options
    I am lovin' this group so far -- great job all! I got a heart rate monitor and I tell yah, you put that thing on and go with your day, you'd be amazed how much calories you are burning without you noticing it - especially if you're running around after kids or doing chores. If you don't have one, I strongly encourage you to get one because it is so worth it.
  • julianne2187
    julianne2187 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am Julianne and I am turning 26 this year and I just want to get into lifestyle of healthy eating and consistent exercise before my 30th birthday. I also would like to lose 60lbs!
  • denny505
    denny505 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to get back into the groove, and this challenge is perfect. I am 52 and have about 60 pounds to lose--again but for the final time. My new motto is--"If not today...when?" as I tend to put off exercising until tomorrow. So I'm off to exercise my 30 minutes with a Billy Blanks taebo dvd now!
  • BistaUss
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm Patricia, currently located in Honolulu HI.
    Turning 24 on January 28th!
    Married with 2 fur babies.
    Starting weight is 170lbs.

Ever since I got out of college I've become kind of sedentary and gained quite a bit of weight. I'm looking to drop down to 115 - 120lbs. It's gonna be rough, but I think 2013 is gonna be my year! I've got a PlayStation Move and a Wii, plus a free gym membership and a lovely walking trail less than a mile from my house. Now's the time to get off my butt and start sweating!

Here's to a great year!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    HI! I just turned 30 last month and decided that this was the year I am going to lose those pesky 84 pounds that have been hounding me for the last 10 years or so. I am a stay at home mom to 3 kiddos. I have noticed that since I started staying home last year I have gained some of the weight I lost last summer. I lost almost 50 pounds last year and then gained part of it back after deciding to stay home. My exercising is going to be the 30 day shred, walking and maybe playing the Xbox Kinect.
  • ladymiajohnson
    Options
    Hi! My name is Mia. I am a 30 year old expatriate living in Seoul, South Korea until I return to the states in the beginning of August. I love to shop (or do some retail therapy as I love to call it.) :-) I also love traveling. my favorite place in the world is Paris. It's is simply amazing. But I feel like I cheated on Paris because of the love that I have established with Dubai after my recent trip there over the Christmas holiday. Dubai is amazing and is second to none!!! I have one dog. His name is Binky and he is getting old :-(...He's in the states with my mom because I couldn't keep him in the apartment here in Korea. I am looking forward to returning to the states this year and returning to my investigations job with the state of Texas as well as launching out in to business as a consultant and therapist.
  • MerRock
    MerRock Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I'm Meredith. I'm 38... well 38 1/2 getting closer to 39! Yikes, not sure how that happened! Anyway, two years ago November I decided that I needed to truly change once and for all. Like many others, I'd lost weight, gained it back, repeat again for most of my adult years. So at 36 I found myself sitting in the hospital room with my Dad who'd just had a triple bypass at the age of 62, and had almost died from the heart attack that put him in that situation. My Dad was not very overweight at that time, but he had previously been for many years. He doesn't smoke or drink, but bad hearts are in our family. One Grandfather died in his 50's and the other had one at 59 and died at 66.

So I was sitting in the hospital, not terribly overweight, but overweight none the less, and living a pretty sedentary lifestyle, and I asked the cardiologist if this is another indicator that I need to worry about my heart. He looked at me and coldly said "Oh, you'll die of a heart attack. That's for sure. It's just a matter of when." Not the nicest of doctors. But it made me realize I needed to change, and watching what I was eating wasn't going to be enough, I needed to exercise too if I was going to make my heart stronger. So I spent the next month putting together a plan, so that on January 1rst I would be ready to go.

Two years later, and I am 60 lbs lighter. I've kept it off which is good, but I became lazy with the eating part, and have just maintained for awhile, instead of focusing and losing the last 15 to 20 lbs I want to lose. I also had to stop working out for around 4 months due to brain surgery (everything is good now.) So I'm really hoping this will get me back into the habits that I worked so hard to make, and then was forced to stop! Looking forward to this challenge!
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm new to the forum and this being A new group seems like a good place for me to come and meet others instead of bursting into a well established group and feeling like th odd man out. I'm 30, and ready to whittle away at this fat suit I'm wearing.
  • yimemily06
    yimemily06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name's Emily coming from Atlanta, Georgia! I'll be turning 25 on February 9 hoping to lose some kind of weight before my birthday. Also, I am considering on joining the military, but unfortunately my weight doesn't meet the requirements just yet! I'm hoping for a successful journey and love to hear from all of you!

P.S. This is all new to me! (=
  • 89curves89
    89curves89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Sammie I'm 23 and from England. I currently weigh 162lbs and I'm at the heaviest I've ever been. Working in an office means alot of my day is spent just sitting around. I have just got my self a gym membership and signed up for a half marathon!! 2013 is the year I get my butt into shape!!!

Also I'm looking for some new MFP friends to keep me going so please add me :-) xx
  • MerRock
    MerRock Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily. I'm in your neck of the woods. I'm over in Greenville, SC.

YAYJules... I'm with you. Some of the forums have been around a long time, and it feels strange busting into them. Here we're all new!
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Pleased to make your acquaintance, and looking forward to sharing much success with you!
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone .. after just under a week we now have 82 Members !!! Awesome !!
    What a great start to an awesome group !!!

Let DO THIS !!!!
    lol
  • lilmzritz
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope you guys are having a wonderful time tracking your progress through our humble group. I am so inspired by everyone's awesomeness - it's really contagious and I can't help but just feel proud of everybody's accomplishments this week! We still have days ahead of us but we conquered the first week and the next few ones will be a breeze! Stay positive and supportive of each other -- we are all in this together and we will FINISH STRONG TOGETHER!!!

Big hugs, high-fives, fist bumps, chest bumps to all!