January 7-13 Mini Challenges

luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Welcome to all.

Here is the mini challenge for January week 2. Enjoy!!

I am going to get a little philosophical this week and want you to think of three things before you eat. They are:

1) Why are you eating?-(Are you bored?,Are you sad?,Are you really hungry?,etc)
2) What are you eating?-(Are you eating nutritional food?,Are you staying within your calorie limit?,Is your body going to benefit from what you are eating? etc)
3) When are you eating?-(Are you eating in secret?,Are you eating late at night?,Did you just eat? etc)

Answering these questions honestly will help you to analyze some of your eating faults.

Monday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Stay within your alloted calorie limit
Cardio-Do 30-45 minutes of increased heart rate cardio exercise (ie jog, bicycle,elliptical,jumping jacks,aerobics,zumba,etc)
Strength-Do 125 crucnches (3 different kinds)
Water- drink 8-10 glasses if water.

Tuesday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat 25 less than your alloted carbohydrate limit
Cardio- Do 30-45 minutes of interval training (1 minute slow pace, 1 minute fast pace)
Strength-Do 10 sets of 10 bicep curls

Wednesday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat your limit of protein. It is necessary to repair and maintain muscle.
Cardio- Do 30-45 minutes increased heart rate cardio exercise.
Strength - Do 125 squats.

Thursday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat lots of fibre today. (ie fruits, veggies, whole grains, oatmeal, fibre one bars (love them)
Cardio/Strength - Do 30-45 minutes of circuit training. 2 minutes cardio, 10 crunches, 2 minutes cardio, 10 push-ups, 2 minutes cardio, 10 lunges. repeat 3 x)

Friday Mini Challenge
Food - Stay below your sodium limit. (pay particular attention to packaged or take out food which is very high in sodium)
Cardio - Do 30-45 minutes increased heart rate cardio exercise.
Strength - If you worked really hard yesterday. Take a break today.

Saturday Mini Challenge
Food - Stay within your calorie limit.
Cardio/Strength - Do something special for yourself today. Maybe get your hair done, have a manicure, go shopping etc. You deserve it

Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food - Enjoy a healthy home cooked meal with your family.
Cardio - Go for a 30-45 minute leisurely walk with your family or somebody special in your life.
Strength - Work on the part of your body that bothers you the most.

I hope everybody has a great week. Any feedback regarding these challenges would be greatly appreciated.

Keep Smiling ,
Donna

Replies

• dutchess42856
    dutchess42856 Posts: 7 Member
    I like the way this challenge looks. I am new to an exercise regime and I am a going to do what I can in the strength category.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Thank you for this week's mini-challenge. I like that you challenged the philosophy of our eating habits. Just yesterday I ate pretty much ALL junk calories. I am thankful that I happened upon your group searching for mini-challenges. Although, I stayed in my calorie range, my eating was atrocious, and I plan on doing great this week.

Deb :drinker:
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Thank You Donna!
  • turnerm65
    turnerm65 Posts: 58 Member
    Thank you! :)

Michelle...
  • mommashelli
    mommashelli Posts: 89 Member
    Thanks Donna, I love these challenges. No real suggestions but you are so wonderful for taking time and doing all this work. It is so greatly appreciated!

Monday'::
    Food- Cals are good
    Cardio- fluidity
    Strength- crunches are in and even got hubby to do them with me!
    Water- water is in!

Back to tracking everyday, after the craziness of the holidays it feels so good. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Pammie1000
    Did 45 minutes on the elliptical and 40 "sort of" crunches, It may be a while before I can do ab workouts, since I am still recovering from surgery. I added brigdes and windmills to make up the 125. I will probably be over on calories, I ate a hand full of brazil nuts ealier and OMG at the calories!!! next time I'm checking first! Of course the snickers bar didn't help either:blushing: On the positive side, I'm good on water:drinker:
  • Pammie1000
    Hey Mommashelli!
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Oops! I missed yesterday's mini challenge as I didn't find this topic until just now. Bicep curls and interval training here we come!
  • Pammie1000
    Got in the interval training for 45 minutes and bicep curls, but ate like a little piggie all day long.....Didn't log I don't want to know!
  • Pammie1000
    Elliptical for 45 minutes and 125 squats done!
  • mommashelli
    mommashelli Posts: 89 Member
    Wednesday':
    Food-always eat protein. lol big protein eater
    Cardio- w4d2 of couch to 5k.
    Strength - yeah just didn't do them...not excuse was lazy. will have to make up tom
    Water- water is in

Hi Pammie! So nice to see you! I hope you had a great holiday season! Still going strong? Here is to wishing you a beautiful Year filled with joy and happiness!
  • Pammie1000
    Thank you Mommashelli, and the very same is wished for you!:flowerforyou:

Got in the interval routine, the water and had .... a fiber one brownie ......The sacrifices I make for this challenge:laugh:
  • madgemes
    madgemes Posts: 4 Member
    I have been fighting a cold all week so no gym for me :sick:
    I have been eating hommade chicken soup....so much for the low sodium mini challenge! I had no idea!!!
    On the bright side - I dropped a couple of pounds!!, and I have quit drinking soda.
    Next week will be better! LOL
    I love the mini challenges! It gives me something to work towards every day and it keeps me motivated - THANKS for this!!!!
  • dutchess42856
    dutchess42856 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks so much for this challenge group! I am down 4 pounds this week. It is so great to have a path to strive for. I have added water, watched diet and have gotten cardio workout in. I have done a little strength - this is my goal for next week!