Introductions ....

Options

Replies

• KokoShe
    Options
    I know what you mean about yo-yoing. It's soooooo annoying at this point. Good luck! I hope MFP works in your favor.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Amanda, and I've been active on MFP for a year, losing and maintaining a 20+ lbs loss! Any fellow Marylanders feel free to add me, as we can always use more friends on this journey.

I am currently near Bel Air, MD!
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey eveyone! My name is Jenn. I live in the Glen Burnie area. Not new to MFP but looking for a lifting buddy in the area. Hopefully someone very close! I am in the process of switching gyms. Trying to decide where so I may possibly switch to your gym if it has the right equipment I am looking for! Anyone looking for a lifting buddy feel free to contact me!
  • DarkShadesBill
    DarkShadesBill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, All
    I'm Bill from Odenton.
    I've been on MFP a while now, but really need a motivation infusion.
    I'm almost done re-losing the pounds gained over the holidays (funeral, cruise, and then travel to both my and my wife's families - that's a TON of food and environments that do not really support very healthy eating).

20 pounds to go to reach my goal!
  • arvenanzi
    arvenanzi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I grew up in Pasadena. What gym are you going to now?
  • audra_vw
    Options
    Hey :)
    I am a native Texan who moved to Parksville last April. I am a golfer (although I don't fit the "typical" golf standard) I took a 2 year break from golf and just returned to it a little over a year ago. I have lost 50 lbs in the last 18 months, but have now been in a plateau for 6 months.
    Being new here and not knowing anyone, except the members at the country club that I work for and my co-workers, has made it hard to stay motivated.
    It has been nice to meet new people in the fitness classes I am taking, and they have been so amazing at helping me to gain confidence in myself that I can achieve my goal.
    I decided on my 8 week break from work (I am an assistant golf professional, we are required to take 8 weeks off each year) that I was going to completely transform myself in preparation for next season. I recently got with a trainer at Atlas Personal Trainers and started taking Yoga, Zumba and WERQ classes!
    I know this is not typically recommended, and I am trying to set realistic goals, but it is motivating me to push my body to its brink. What is good is I have broke mental barriers I had about certain workouts!
    I am still struggling on getting used to sore legs/arms/core and missing some of my favorite "binge foods" lol but I am happy overall.
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    glad to see a group for fellow Marylanders here!

I'm from MD, born and raised, grew up in Dundalk, moved to Harford county as a teen, work in Hanover, and have been all over this state!

Go Ravens,
    Go O's
    Go Tigers (yeah towson pride!)
    Go Terps
    and Go Capitols!

Good luck to everyone, feel free to add me :)
  • YoungerFitterU
    Options
    Hello... My name is Dawn and I live in Glen Burnie. I have lived in Maryland all my life. Born & Raised on the Eastern Shore, I moved across the bridge almost six years ago. My healthy journey started about three weeks ago but recently found this site. I have lost a total of 6 lbs and 12 inches so far. It was a pleasant surprise to find a local group.

Feel free to add me :)
  • lorenavanessa
    lorenavanessa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Vanessa and live in Baltimore City. My trainer recommended MFP to track and so far it is going well. I work out at Merritt, so if anyone else is in need of a gym buddy, let me know :)
  • years2live
    Options
    Hi, I'm Larry and I'm from Glen Burnie. I'm a retired FF/Paramedic who found out that retirement = more time to eat...now I'm on a mission to get fit and stay that way. It is good to know that there are many kindred spirits out here! I work out every day at Planet Fitness Ordnance road so if you see me, say Hi! Oh I forgot - Please friend me as I am a big team player - Together Each Achieves More.
  • LvlyLars
    LvlyLars Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! I'm Lauren and I live in White Marsh. I have about 40 pounds to lose. I do love working out if it's something that I enjoy. I was just really disappointed in myself when I got on the scale this morning and I need to do something about it before it gets out of control. I've gained about 30 pounds in 2 years and looking long term, the outlook isn't good if I continue on that pace. At one point, I was at my goal weight. Then I moved in with my boyfriend and our 2 male roommates....they can eat whatever they want on the weekend and lose it all during the week. My body just doesn't function that way to live in a "frat house." Now our roommates are gone and I'm married and need to make a change. I need all the support I can get :)
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Larry and I'm from Glen Burnie. I'm a retired FF/Paramedic who found out that retirement = more time to eat...now I'm on a mission to get fit and stay that way. It is good to know that there are many kindred spirits out here! I work out every day at Planet Fitness Ordnance road so if you see me, say Hi! Oh I forgot - Please friend me as I am a big team player - Together Each Achieves More.

Hi Larry,

I workout there too in the afternoons sometimes when I am lifting weights or the weather is just crummy and I can't (won't) get outside to get my exercise. Feel free to say hi if we see each other!

Mindy
  • CDooley5
    CDooley5 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Chris and am brand new to MFP, I live with my fiance on Patterson Park near Canton. We just moved out recently and have gotten pretty involved in the rec sports around the city. But I need to refocus on getting myself to the gym to get myself the body that I want. I've always been really active but this is my first time having to balance full time work, grad school, wedding planning and time to exercise without being on an organized team. (Soccer was always my sport, but I play them all)
  • YoungerFitterU
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Welcome to MFP. Good luck with your goals. I am usually on everyday if you need some support or just another friend, you can add me.

Dawn
  • jkleeh
    jkleeh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I am Jessie I have been on MFP for a while, but never thought to look for a group of people near by. I live in Woodlawn. I am working to get down to my pre baby body, and be able to maintain it. I saw my post baby weight a few weeks ago, but gained about 5 pounds back so I am working to lose it again. Feel free to add me!
  • lorenavanessa
    lorenavanessa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Vanessa and I live in Baltimore City (Federal Hill). I have been on MFP for a little over a month and enjoy the online support and tracking. If anyone works out at Merritt, let me know if you need a gym buddy or jogging buddy?

Also, has anyone signed up to do the Baltimore Women's Classic in June?
  • Hi! I am Danielle and have been on and off of MFP for 2 years. Health issues have got the best of me and they are all due to diet and weight. I live in Northeast Baltimore City. I am working with a personal Coach (Innergy) right now to get me to my goal weight by changing my eating and excercising habits. My biggest challenge is portion control and I have VERY BAD sweet tooth. This too shall pass!
  • judtod
    judtod Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi. I live in Howard County. I have been using MFP for years, but, have just begun posting here. Recently I have drastically stepped up my exercise and am looking into possibly joining a gym. I am considering the CA gyms. Any other good choices? I love all the great places there are around here for walking!
  • caeciliamarie
    Options
    Hi all! I live in Roland Park/Charles Village area and work in Randallstown-ish. lol I'd love to make some new Baltimore area MFP friends! :)
  • splendajoy
    splendajoy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Then let's be MFP friends, LOL. I live in Mt. Vernon/Midtown and work in Woodlawn. I have somewhere are 40 lbs to go myself.

If you want to talk more, friend me!

Good luck!