Replies

• Missesg32
    Missesg32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sarting today :)
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 1! Wasn't too bad but my legs were definitely getting tired from all that jumping! I think I'm going to pair it with either another one of my workout tapes or with 30 minutes of other cardio. I also read that you should do 10 days straight and then take one day of rest between switching to the next level so I'm going to try and do that, but my plan b is to just take Sundays off.
    Good luck everybody!
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done...ouchie!
  • maegan0205
    Options
    Completed day 3, Level 1 this a.m Don't feel too bad tonight. I actually did about 35 minutes on the elliptical this evening too & no way would that have happened after day 1. Much easier than the first day already. I have had a noticeable improvement in my endurance!
  • margterr
    margterr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the Jillian DVDs off and on for over almost 2 years now. 30day Shred has 3 levels, Ripped in 30 has 4. Jillian does recommend taking 1 day off per week to rest. The days I do these work outs I don't add anything else. I take a Zumba class a couple days a week so that's my variety. Plus even after doing these for awhile, they never get easy. You can always make it harder by doing the advanced version, adding weights to the cardio intervals, etc. I usually wear a heart rate monitor and I burn anywhere from 200-290 calories, depending on the level and how hard I'm pushing myself for that day. If you really want to challenge yourself, get the Extreme Shed and Shred DVD. The workout is longer so it's not something I have time to do everyday but it will definitely spice things up for you.
  • Jennyb1213
    Jennyb1213 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started Lv1 Day1 today. I am hoping this group will give me the motivation and support I need to complete the whole 30 days. I am a lazy person! I will have to take a before pic and then after pic. Or, maybe I'll take a pic after every level to see if there is a progressive difference. I need all the motivation I can get!
  • elnstanley23
    elnstanley23 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day 2,Level 1.I also do 20-30 minutes Elliptical 5 days. this is my second time doing 30 day shred and i seen big results. just stick with it.I recommend that you keep your abs tight as possible. that what made me strong and lost lots of inches
  • Meljensen4
    Options
    Just finished day 2 Level one....After yesterday my legs felt like rubber but I found I was stronger & able to do the whole thing today, only taking one 5 second break! So pumped to keep going & start seeing results. I don't have a tape measurer to take my starting measurements :( But I did take before pictures, so hopefully I will see a change when i'm done :)
  • shmurrow
    shmurrow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done!
  • Mollique
    Options
    Just completed day 9 Level 1 of 30 Day Shred. Seeing results. Weight went from 176 to 171 :). Looking for friends!
  • kiksayv
    kiksayv Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group! I just finished day 2 level 1, seems like a lot of us are there! So motivating to google 30ds results and see other peoples results pics, love it. So I am watching on you tube, what lb weight does Jillian suggest to use? Or what are you using? Day 2 was a bit easier, still that second cardio run with the jump rope kills me!!! Looking forward to doing this with you all!
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about that, are you supposed to do it for 30 days straight, cause it sounds a bit much? Or is it like any other routine that you are supposed to take your breaks in between? Anyone

Its better to take a Rest Day darling do not over due it

I am starting from today yayyyy
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    ok gr8 lets Hittt it :angry:

I think we should make post with captions like this one i.e Day1, Level 1 then Day 2, level 1 so on & so forth so we wil b adding our progress day by day :)

secondly guys u dont need to invest money, it is available on U-tube :)

3rdly, take a rest day I wud suggest :)
  • daintybutterfly
    Options
    Just finished Day 1, Level 1....with my toddler jumping on me while I did push ups, sit ups and star jumps/jumping jacks. ha.
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm going to be doing Day 9 Level 1 today - I haven't taken any rest days at all - I'm not really even that achy anymore but my strength and stamina has shot up! :)

Has anyone else who's around day 9 noticed no difference in their weight but a difference in their measurements?
  • josiewhite14
    Options
    Just finished Day 1, Level 1....with my toddler jumping on me while I did push ups, sit ups and star jumps/jumping jacks. ha.

I was the same last night - she was doing jumping jacks with me and trying to figure out which way her arms went for the stretches, laughed my way through. :laugh:

I am on day 5 today, feeling I have a lot more endurance than day one and actually being able to finish most exercises without stopping.

Does anyone else find the squat and press REALLY hard? - maybe it is just me but my arms hurt so much I can never last the full time doing
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about that, are you supposed to do it for 30 days straight, cause it sounds a bit much? Or is it like any other routine that you are supposed to take your breaks in between? Anyone

I did five days on, weekends off and still got awesome results.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    day 1 lvl 1 done !!! wooohooo!!!
  • thissamelissa
    thissamelissa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 3 Level 1 for me. My body is SO sore but I gotta stick with it! Jillian really is the devil :devil:
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I was the same last night - she was doing jumping jacks with me and trying to figure out which way her arms went for the stretches, laughed my way through. :laugh:

I am on day 5 today, feeling I have a lot more endurance than day one and actually being able to finish most exercises without stopping.

Does anyone else find the squat and press REALLY hard? - maybe it is just me but my arms hurt so much I can never last the full time doing

My two year old jumps on me while I am trying to do the push ups and sit ups...it hurts!~ lol But it pretty cute when she tries to do them with me!

Yes I think the squat and press is difficult for my arms. They end up burning like no other and I usually keep doing the squats but have to put my arms down for a bit