1/7-1/13/13 Workouts

Options
Jovan0609
Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
Hey ladies -

It's a new week and a new chance to get those Turbo Fire workouts in! I had to take this weekend off and I was actually having withdrawal symptoms...lol!! So, I'm looking forward to getting back into things today.

My workout for 1/7 is the Fire 45 class and I'm going to add on the 20 minute lower body workout.

What class are you taking today?!

Stay encouraged!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ok, today is my first day with this workout. I have not done it yet. I am a little nervous but also excited. I will be back to report in about how it was and how I did. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also any advice on what you are eating while doing this workout would be greatly appreciated too.
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    Hello! Thank you for inviting me to this group :flowerforyou:

I am starting Turbo Fire this evening. I am not very fit but I have no problems completing cardio workouts of 45 minutes or so. After a couple months of hiatus (bad me), I got back into the groove of working out over the past 10 days using Brazil Butt Lift and Shaun T's Rockin' Body programs. I heard TF is intense though. Do you guys recommend I do the prep program first, or should I take a dive into the main schedule that came with the program?
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    @twilight obession....

You can totally do this! My first workout was a little rough. I had trouble kind of keeping up with Chalene, but I'm on week 3 of the program and it's become MUCH easier. Once you learn her lingo for the moves, it becomes pretty routine.

I haven't really altered my nutrition very much. I'm just making sure I log everything I'm eating and stay under for the day. Her diet looks like it consists of high protein though so lots of chicken sounds like it would be beneficial. :smile:
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    Hello! Thank you for inviting me to this group :flowerforyou:

I am starting Turbo Fire this evening. I am not very fit but I have no problems completing cardio workouts of 45 minutes or so. After a couple months of hiatus (bad me), I got back into the groove of working out over the past 10 days using Brazil Butt Lift and Shaun T's Rockin' Body programs. I heard TF is intense though. Do you guys recommend I do the prep program first, or should I take a dive into the main schedule that came with the program?

I just kind of dove right into the program. However, I will say that I teach Zumba classes so picking up moves and routines is a strong skillset for me. My first workout was a little awkward because I didn't know Chalene's lingo, but I'm three weeks in now and things are much easier. I've been following the calendar that came with the program and it has been working well for me. But everyone is different, so definitely find and stick with what works best for you! :smile:
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    Workout for Today (1/7/13):

Fire 45 EZ Class
    Lower Body 20
    Stretch 10
    Total Calories Burned - 550 calories

Stay encouraged! :flowerforyou:
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    Turbo Fire day 1! Fire 30 and Stretch 10. 472 calories burned with Fire 30 according to my HRM, not too shabby :smile:

I tried to keep up as much as I could. I think I got most of the moves right, but I'll be choosing the "new to class" option a few more times until I'm totally comfortable with the moves.
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    Turbo Fire day 1! Fire 30 and Stretch 10. 472 calories burned with Fire 30 according to my HRM, not too shabby :smile:

I tried to keep up as much as I could. I think I got most of the moves right, but I'll be choosing the "new to class" option a few more times until I'm totally comfortable with the moves.

Awesome job!! That was a great burn chica! :happy:
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    1/8/13 Workout:

Turbo Fire HIIT 25 - 250 calories burned!

That was an intense workout, but I felt great after I finished it. I was super proud of myself. I will say that I am kind of looking forward to the rest day tomorrow though. :tongue:

Stay encouraged ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    1/8/13 Workout:

That was an intense workout, but I felt great after I finished it. I was super proud of myself. I will say that I am kind of looking forward to the rest day tomorrow though. :tongue:

I am curious to hear about HIIT 25. I felt that HIIT 15 was really intense and I expected HIIT 20 to be harder, but I was surprised when HIIT 20 felt easier than HIIT 15. In my mind I equate the length of the workout with how hard it will be. Now though, I'm thinking that as the HIIT workouts get longer, they aren't as "in your face" as the shorter 15 minute workout. Any thoughts on this? How did HIIT 25 compare to HIIT 15 and 20?

My workout for today (my 21st birthday!) was to go to Skyzone (an indoor trampoline park) for a Skyrobics class. It was so much fun and super intense! I'll be back to Turbo tomorrow with FIRE 55 EZ. Happy sweating everyone!
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    01-07-13---Forgot to come back yesterday and report in. While I did not get my workout done till last night. Things kept getting in my way during the day. But I was determined to get it in. I workout out in my bedroom while the husband and his friends watched the football in the living room. I could not keep up with Charlene but I know in time I will.

01-08-13---Got my workout done during the kids snack time. Really was sweating today. Enjoyed the stretching!!!!!!
  • Ilene36
    Ilene36 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1/7- EZ30
    1/8-HIT-15

I am determined to get through the end of the program. I have 70lbs to lose. I want to buy the extended DVD's. Does anyone know how I can get cheaper than Amazon.
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    My day 2 of Turbo Fire was HIIT 15. Intense! I feel as tired as I normally feel after a 45 minute workout. I burned 192 kcal. The 10 minute stretch felt sooooo good.

I am wondering the same thing as femme62209, if that was 15 minutes of HIIT, what is waiting for me with the longer HIITs? :bigsmile:

Keep up the great work, everyone!
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    Wow, woke up feeling like lead! ! I can't believe that just 15 minutes of HIIT last night made my muscles so sore.

I am definitely going to enjoy taking a rest day today..
  • Ilene36
    Ilene36 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did HIT25. Wow! What a workout! I am so sore. I worked out this morning and I am still sore.
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    1/8/13 Workout:

I am curious to hear about HIIT 25. I felt that HIIT 15 was really intense and I expected HIIT 20 to be harder, but I was surprised when HIIT 20 felt easier than HIIT 15. In my mind I equate the length of the workout with how hard it will be. Now though, I'm thinking that as the HIIT workouts get longer, they aren't as "in your face" as the shorter 15 minute workout. Any thoughts on this? How did HIIT 25 compare to HIIT 15 and 20?

My workout for today (my 21st birthday!) was to go to Skyzone (an indoor trampoline park) for a Skyrobics class. It was so much fun and super intense! I'll be back to Turbo tomorrow with FIRE 55 EZ. Happy sweating everyone!

Not gonna lie...HIIT25 was more intense to me than 15 or 20. I was breathing pretty hard...you know that breathing where your heart actually feels like it is hurting. Lol! I do like the HIIT workouts better though. I burned 250 calories in 25 minutes some cant complain about that. How did turbo 55 go for you?
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    01-07-13---Forgot to come back yesterday and report in. While I did not get my workout done till last night. Things kept getting in my way during the day. But I was determined to get it in. I workout out in my bedroom while the husband and his friends watched the football in the living room. I could not keep up with Charlene but I know in time I will.

01-08-13---Got my workout done during the kids snack time. Really was sweating today. Enjoyed the stretching!!!!!!

Way to go!!
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    Wow, woke up feeling like lead! ! I can't believe that just 15 minutes of HIIT last night made my muscles so sore.

I am definitely going to enjoy taking a rest day today..

I needed this rest day so bad and was truly thankful to have it. :-). Thank goodness for the stretches after HIIT. You're doing great though!
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    1/7- EZ30
    1/8-HIT-15

I am determined to get through the end of the program. I have 70lbs to lose. I want to buy the extended DVD's. Does anyone know how I can get cheaper than Amazon.

You can do it and we are here to support you this time. :-)
    I got mine on groupon when they had a sale and I got all of e bonus do with them. I'm not sure if shone knows where to get them for cheaper though.
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    1-9-13
    This was a much needed day if rest for me and I even managed to stay under my calories for the day. I have to be honest though and say that I am actually looking forward to getting back at it tomorrow

Have a great night and I can't wait to see your workout posts tomorrow.

Stay encouraged! :flowerforyou:
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    1-10-13 Workout (Week 3 Day 4 for me)

HIIT 15 -- 150 calories burned
    Tone 30 -- 225 calories burned

Total - 375 calories burned

My thighs were shaking during the Tone 30 and they are STILL sore and I've only been done for about 30 minutes. I'm thinking I may need to do a stretch session to minimize the lactic acid and reduce any soreness. I loved that strength training is being incorporated into the workout though.

Stay encouraged pals! :flowerforyou: