What moment was the final straw?

Options
Does anyone have the moment where you were like "that's it, I've had enough!" For me, I can say that losing weight was something that I've always wanted to do for myself(since high school) and finally I decided that I would stick this out to the end and accomplish all my goals. I'm 5'6 1/2 and I started to lose weight June 2012(I was 179 pounds) and now I'm about 1/2 there to reaching my final goal(I am currently 150/151). I want to get to 120 by April/May of 2013. That will be a 60 pound loss, when I am done.

So what was everyone's final straw? Or was it a bunch of moments?

Replies

• msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of looking at myself and feeling fat. Sick of people telling me that I've put on a few pounds. My sister is getting married in April and I'm the Maid of Honor so its no way I will be overweight for that!!
  • mermaidme23
    mermaidme23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got married and was 15 lbs lighter at my SISTER's wedding. Should have done it for my own!
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Seeing myself looking fat and ugly in pictures next to my super slim friends.
    This happened on a trip to Paris in January of this year.
    Before then I went through phases of exercising and being slim and then yo yo dieting,
    With me, most people dont understand why I think Im fat as I only have around 2 stone to lose,
    But I see it all the time in photo's, especially because eveyone around me is so slim.
    Those Paris snaps made me think thats enough!!!!
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    the belly fat.....back fat...and cellulite was just digusting to look at.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When my daughter started rubbing my belly insisting there was a baby inside. :brokenheart: :noway: :cry:
  • rainx03
    Options
    When my daughter started rubbing my belly insisting there was a baby inside. :brokenheart: :noway: :cry:

aww Im sorry to hear that. Im sure she didnt mean anything by it.
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I was tired of being fat. I was just getting bigger and bigger. I am pushing 40 and that's the time when people end up getting sick. TMI but when you get so big that you feel like it's a struggle to reach around and wipe your @$$ after you use the bathroom then you are entirely too big. My 82 year old Grandma said she wished I would get in shape and lose the weight.

When your 82 year old Grandma tells you to do something, you need to do it.
  • melissa_fitdiary40
    Options
    Im just tired of being tired and fatigued all the time. It is hard to climb a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing at the end. I'm just ready to feel better and lighter.
  • ohthatzhott
    ohthatzhott Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I talked about losing weight at the end of my Junior year of college and actually followed through that summer. It started off as "preparation" for my August Vegas trip but ended up being a lifestyle change - even better.

Over the summer I lost roughly 15lbs but I remember weighing as much as 204lb in my youth (and I'm 5"7); so I've really come a long way! My goal is to lose 10 more pounds by my birthday (March 19th). I'll decide from there if I want to continue losing weight or just maintain, I've never had a desire to be "thin" because I like my curvy figure. I just want to be a "fit" curvy girl. :P
  • crisandra
    Options
    I was a pretty big drinker for many years, but three years ago I quit and over that next year I lost 30 lbs. I never paid attention to how much I was eating, I figured that with some exercise the weight would keep coming off. Well it hasn't! For the past two years I have gained and lost the same 10lbs a few times and finally I decided that I have had enough already! So this December I started this site to keep track of my calories, and what an eye opener that was! Fortunately I like to exercise, unfortunately I don't like to know how many calories I am consuming, so I have some work cut out for myself.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Saw a pic of me from behind in a fitted dress. NO GO!!! :embarassed: :ohwell: :noway: :sad: :frown:
  • wheretheresawilltheresaway4
    Options
    My final straw was when I received my own reality check. I have always been a little obsessed about my weight since I was a teenager. For the past 10 years (after my first child) I have been focused on my weight. I became tired of focusing on dieting and hoping that I lose weight. After my last weight gain I was disappointed and feed up with myself, so I decided that I will not diet or focus on my weight until I was serious. Four months later I decided to start working out I did not expect anything from it, and to my surprise I have been exercising for 32 days now and it is more of a routine and fun rather than something that I have to do.
  • SensationalChange2013
    Options
    I'm tired of not being able to fit ANY of the clothes in regular stores. I'm tired of being so out of shape and unhealthy. Mot being able to exercise long or even do activities smaller people can do.
  • Yummy208
    Yummy208 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My reality check was not being able to fit in a size 10/12, but having to buy plus size clothes :(. I have been struggling with my weight for a long time now, my other reality check is my husband and I are planning a trip to Miami in May for our anniversary and I do not want to go there looking like a beach whale!!!
  • mpoole6
    mpoole6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    well my final straw came when i went for a check up. the doctor said for the 25th hundred time you really should lose some weight, i'm like yeah i'll get right on that. so when i had to go back because of my kidney's i really was like yeah i'm getting on that the moment i walk out of this office. it scared me to know that i might not be around to see my children have their own families. plus not trying to sound vain i was tired of always being the "big" one out of the group. not being big in the first place gaining all this weight is really uncomfortable, i'm 30lbs in so i'm in it to win it now
  • oomaggiemayoo
    Options
    Trying on an old bikini at Christmas time...It doesn't fit, my thighs are covered in stretch marks and I was to embarrassed to go swimming in front of my family! The people who have seen me at my absolute worst and I was so embarrassed that I had to swim in shorts and a t-shirt :(
  • sdc225
    sdc225 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Belly fat and back fat! Ugh I hate it and it's so stubborn.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    When my daughters are wearing my favorite jeans now. I want my clothes back. Oh, and some formal pics of my daughter being crowned Worthy Advisor for Rainbow and I look like two ton Tilly.
    I hate cameras. I used to not, but now....
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My moments were after i had my second child, i would look in the mirror at different angles and say "Wow, my face is so fat." and that wasnt me. I used to be 150 and after beng that for so long i couldnt adjust to being 200. I am now 184 and have lost almost 20 pounds and it feels like im getting back to the real me, slowly. i want to get down to atleast 130/140.
  • candy423
    candy423 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When went shopping and realized that I needed to go a dress size up! all i could do was cry.