Daily (or Weekly) Check In

Options
jamaicanlady
jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
I think we should check in here to just say how the process is going, how we're getting on with our challenges, workouts, if we're having a bad day, etc. What do you think?

Replies

• changingforthegood
    Options
    Hey week is going great. It is monday, and COLD here in TX.. Well its cold for texas i guess 29degrees. I am doing a killer kardio workout today, as well as a bodyrock workout that is intense..

here is the video for the 12 minute body rock workout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BKXhpaxzIFA
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hello! Didn't make it to the gym today, since my oldest son came down with puking crud last night. But, he should be able to go to school tomorrow, so back at it! Ate pretty well today. Currently looking at the jamie eason live fit trainer on bodybuilding.com.
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Feeling strong today! I braved the snow (we got about 8 inches of it last night) and made it to the gym today and really pushed myself out of my comfort zone. I'm exhausted now, but I'm proud of myself. I was thinking about bagging the gym idea and doing a video at home, but I knew I wouldn't work as hard if I did that.

The diet is going well too. I'm very happy with how things are going so far.

Onward!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    @klem - I heard great things about the Jamie Eason program. I might try it one of these days.

No snow or cold for me, it's hot here in Jamaica, as usual.

As for me, went to the gym and got a workout in. My eating wasn't bad either except that I was way below my calorie and protein goal, and didn't drink enough water, hope to do much better tomorrow. But I've been doing well with the "no sweet" challenge. Didn't even have juice today. And my sugar intake was the lowest it's been in a while.
  • nmccray918
    nmccray918 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Today was awful! I was blessed with a sinus infection - just as this starts and i want to start the C25K. On a positive note, that means I was still under my calorie goal. I'm hoping it vanishes soon! I was unable to stick to the week 1 challenge.....it's next to impossible for me. Hope everyone else is having a good start of the week!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Feeling strong and motivated so far this week! I stayed under my calories by almost 300! I drank 6 cups of water, so close to 8! So far no sweets, let's hope I can go all week. I'm pretty sure I can do it tho. I got confidence in myself!! I wasn't able to work out today, though. My dad got discharged from the hospital today, so I had to help around with things. Hopefully, I can do it tomorrow, depending on how my day goes. Tomorrow will be a good day, I can feel it. (:
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @changingforth im in n. Texas and yes, it was cold this morning! tomorrow they're calling for storms, hail, tornadoes and floods. Lol....March in January!

worked all day, paid bills and went to Wal-Mart (why do I torture myself like that?). after cooking dinner and cleaning up I didn't feel like working out but I did it anyway..day 5 of 30DS! totally went over on sodium, but I drank 16 glasses of water so I'm hoping it dilutes it!
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've been a little bummed today (got a new scale and it weighs me higher than my old one - my progress on my MFP tracker all faded magically away <sigh>), but tomorrow is a new day. Not a sprint but a marathon, right?
  • NikkiC35
    Options
    I believe I did great today. Got hungry this evening so I had a small banana and 10 almonds. I actually feel great. :happy:
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday was a good day - went well until the portion of apple and rhubarb crumble sent me over my limit - sigh! However, I'm feeling motivated and on track and have lost 1.8lbs since the start of the year so I'm feeling good! Got to maintain progress through the week.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Today went well. I'm just a little under my calorie goal, right at my protein goal (yea!) and just a little over my carbs goal (double yea). I had peanut butter and honey today which brought me past my sugar goal :(. Went to the gym and did my workout, now I'm about to do my meal planning for tomorrow. Overall, I'd call today a win.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling really motivated this week....hopefully I can get this "halt" of weight loss in gear. Today I walked 1.5 miles and then did a cardio workout I rented on TV.... feeling good.
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am down 0.2 pounds this week, I need to see if this is a pattern of slow weight loss or I am just going to "whooosh" next week.
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Great idea! :) I had such an amazing morning today with both a victory on the scale & off of it! I lost 2 pounds, making my total (since I started) 38.5 pounds lost! The cherry on the cake though was when I tried on a pair of jeans my mom gave me quite a while ago. I could barely fit them up my legs, let alone my waist... and this morning when I tried them on, they fit WITH extra room. I was shocked and ecstatic! I'm officially down four (maybe more?) pants sizes since I started. Such an amazing feeling.
  • raven23uk
    raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hiya guys, feeling so motivated but listening to my body. Kinda working out hard in the gym and body said this morning "please rest me" So i'm going to listen till about 4.00pm if it will let me I'm going to do a workout.
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pretty good this week. Nailing all my scheduled workouts so far and staying within my calorie limit. I'm just a little tired from lack of sleep. Need to cut some things out of my schedule in the evening so I can get more rest at night. I also need to go grocery shopping... Hard to make good choices when I don't have the good stuff around!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I've been a little bummed today (got a new scale and it weighs me higher than my old one - my progress on my MFP tracker all faded magically away <sigh>), but tomorrow is a new day. Not a sprint but a marathon, right?

Well. .wait! We're measuring progress.. just figure out the difference in the two scales and up your starting weight by that amount!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pretty good this week. Nailing all my scheduled workouts so far and staying within my calorie limit. I'm just a little tired from lack of sleep. Need to cut some things out of my schedule in the evening so I can get more rest at night. I also need to go grocery shopping... Hard to make good choices when I don't have the good stuff around!

Word of advice. Eat BEFORE you go to the grocery! lol.. .
  • GoingAllTheWay4MeDee
    Options
    I am down 2 pounds already feeling great!!!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, So far this week I have been doing well I have excerise everyday and I am slowly getting my water intake up I am trying to get in 100 oz a day and right now I am around 60 oz a day hope by next week I am drinking 100 oz a day. I think it helped my to make a plan for what to cook for dinner each night and for the most part I have stuck with it only changed last night sincemy daughter had ringette practice and I had to feed her and her brother early. Luckily I had some homemade spagetti sauce at home so we still had a nutrious meal.